View Single Post
Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^
Old
  (#76)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ - 18-10-2006

The new build (V3 Build 16) is available in the filebase.

Changes:
+Bots should be harder now (requested by a lot of people).
+Fixed usage of time frame interval value in the code (to predict the position of the enemy in the next frame or so).
+Fixed and re-written bots hearing stuff (bot are affected by their own-sounds, are affected also by sound of teamnates and also the distance froom the source of issued sound to the bot has the influence for this what the bot can hear.
+Bots will shoot more often through the wall (because of the fix above)
+For pb_bot_quota_match parameter the spectators or team unnasigned human-players aren't counted.
+Fixed problem with breakables the bot is trying to pass because the waypointer made the connection through it.
+The values of cvars are taken as pointer members now (the addresses-pointers are cached at the initialisation of the vars, then - instead using CVAR_GET_FLOAT (which is taking too much time) I just use the values addressed by these pointers to the cvars (main idea taken from AMX MOD X - thanks BAILOPAN )
+Bot should look at the head of the pickuping hostage instead of his stomach...

Again - if You find them to hard on the skill (100) - please don't complain, but lower down the skill of bots You are playing against.

@Austin - please, let me know if these changes are working correctly
@person135 - I hope You will be finally happy if they will kill You all the time...(for me they are unplayable at skill 100, but seems the people like it...). And YapB still is better - so You ca use it instead pb mm (maybe except using AWP )