View Single Post
Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS???
Old
  (#2)
madmax2
RCbot Waypointers Group

Default Re: How do you make waypoints for PODBOTS??? - 24-05-2012

Hi TimDaKilla20,

Welcome,

I'm a new member here too. I don't waypoint with podbot but have with several other bots. I have a very old (10 years) install of podbot 2.5 still on my hard drive. I just verified they still work!

With most bots, if they are installed correctly, you can enter a map that you know has a waypoint file, say de_dust.pwf, bring up the console ~, and type "waypoint on". Waypoints should become visible if the bot is installed & compatable with the version of counterstrike you are running. In podbot 2.5, after waypoints are visible, you would type "waypoint add" to bring up a waypoint menu, this is a little different than other bots I have used.

I assume you are trying to use a newer podbot, such as podbot_mm or epb, the commands could be different, but the idea is the same. Which podbot variant/version are you trying to use? More details might help?

Most waypointers waypoint on a listenserver, not a dedicated server, which can complicate access to the waypointing functions with access permissions and passwords, etc. So install the bots on you're client PC and waypoint on that.

You might try just wpmenu without the PB prefix. Some bots require you to be standing on or near a waypoint for the menus to work, so you might try placing a few waypoints with the console commands first ("waypoint add" or "wp add" may work, there should be sound feedback if you have your speakers on, if it's working).

Once you have verified it is working, you may want to bind some of the waypointing commands to keys that will make it faster than using menu's. (such as waypoint add, waypoint delete etc...)

I don't know which podbot version you are using, so the commands I am using for examples may not be correct, or you may not have the bot installed correctly, i just don't know?

Try using the search function, the answer is probably allready here. I searched on "PB wpmenu", and found this thread that may help you:

http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...ghlight=wpmenu

There were many other threads from the search, so you may want to try it yourself, if this doesn't answer your question?

Good Luck,
Madmax2