Thread: Recast / Detour
View Single Post
Re: Recast / Detour
Old
  (#32)
Neoptolemus

Default Re: Recast / Detour - 23-08-2015

Sorry, I think I didn't explain my last post properly The bot already can look in any direction and still move towards the waypoint, but it is limited only to the 8 cardinal directions (i.e. forwards, backwards, left, right or diagonally). That means that if the destination point is orientated on a narrow angle, it may end up moving to a position where the intended destination is no longer reachable, like so:

The yellow line is the exact direction the bot needs to move in, and the dotted line is the route the bot will take since in CS 1.6 you can't move in that direction unless you're rotated in the right way.

To combat this problem, the bot can insert a new waypoint next to the intended one which IS still reachable to compensate for this occurrence.

Hope this clears it up!

In other news, I've started working on off-mesh connections, which will allow for ladder movement, running off ledges and jumping. Funnily enough, the ladders will probably be the easier part since it's trivial to retrieve the ladder position and size and place connections at the top and bottom. Jumping and running off ledges is harder as it will require modifying the recast and detour library.