Re: Tazed!
Old
  (#77)
botmeister
Ex-Council Member

Default Re: Tazed! - 23-06-2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exilibur
If we're gonna be any better than nuclearbox it doesn't help to be self-rightious anti-bush as opposed to self-rightious pro-bush (as far as i've understood the situation with nuclearbox).
As I remember, the only problem with Nuclearbox was a lack of respect towards the views of some of the posters by the site owner and a couple of his buddies. I think most of the mods were generally OK, at least I don't recall having any problems other than with Aux himself (but correct me if I'm wrong).

As long as we respect differing opinions, we should be OK discussing politics.

What started this thread was a video showing police electrocuting a woman.

What pissed off a couple people was the attidute that the torturing of a woman was somehow funny. It is a fact that attacks with a taser(TM) can kill you, and such a thing is no joke. You just don;t risk the life of someone over a minor traffic violation - it's clearly an act of police brutality.

Police brutality is not normally a political issue, until he politicians support it, as they appear to be doing in the USA and some other countries too.

This is a serious issue, and we should disccuss it as it affects all of us when our society goes to hell and stops respecting the rights of the individual.

It is our responsibility as individuals to learn what our rights are supposed to be, and to stand up to those who say otherwise, be it a cop, a politician or a judge.

Maker of the (mEAn) Bot.Admin Manager

"In theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. But, in practice, there is." - Jan L.A. van de Snepscheut