View Single Post
Re: CS:Source -great graphics but fps-killer
Old
  (#9)
Exilibur
Arnfred

Default Re: CS:Source -great graphics but fps-killer - 29-10-2004

Pierre, I didn't really understand your explanation on the source engine.. when you turn around, doesn't all polygons need to be redrawn in order to change the angle they're viewed from?

Dunno bout the eyething either... First of all, try seting your monitor on 50hz and then on 100hz afterwards. Imo it's pretty easy to spot the difference.
Even though the eye technically can't see a lot of hz's, the fps difference from ie 30 to 50 is definately affecting your game. I'm not high skilled, but nevertheless i can feel the difference in how the picture on the screen reacts to me moving my mouse at different fps levels. I think there's more going on with those fps's than just the updaterate of the eyes and brains.

about the bots. Bot's are indeed included in cs:source, but in the legal version they aren't activated yet. In two cracked versions the bots are activated, but it's obvious that they're not finished yet. They can't shoot a window in order to get through it, for example.

I'm aware that warez discussion is not allowed here, so please don't ask me why i know this

A greyscale with just one color? Heaven must surely be a dull place.
This calls for an extraordinary mix of psychology and extreme violence!