View Single Post
Re: Remove AIM_OFFSET?
Old
  (#4)
KWo
Developer of PODBot mm

Default Re: Remove AIM_OFFSET? - 11-06-2004

This pool can't be disinterested, because all people at this forum play in CS very long time, so their skill is high. But there are many users-beginers with low skill (low aim too) - so for them who should vote in this pool? I'm agree with g4s. If somebody don't need bots with skill lower than 100, he simply will use bot (100). Beginers can use bot with lower skill (and lower aim, too). All of them are happy now. But when You remove this function - the problem is for beginers bot with good aim if is closer to player - it kill the player by headshoot (and this is much more frustrate for beginers). In oder hand on aim map big AIM gives the effect too much unrealistic (bots with bad AIM can hit nothing). If there is a possibility to change this aim of bots for beginers - they can play and they can incrase they-own skill and aim. The problem is still - how to prepare this AIM for every group (0-19, 20-39..etc). I think this would be better if we could write min_aim and max_aim for each group, because now for exmple AIM of bots (80) is the same like aim of bots (99). For this people liking bot with super AIM PMB wrote his super BOTAIM plugin, unfortunaly not working with current release. :'( The job direction should be rather concentrated how to move back to work this great BOTAIM plugin to work with podbot_mm.dll . I noticed this few weeks ago some trouble with it.
In this case all people (podbot users) will be happy. It's my opinion.
If You cut this AIM some of them can leave this bot as too hard...