.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Offtopic (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Some will call me insane, but i did it (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4849)

stefanhendriks 10-01-2006 10:01

Some will call me insane, but i did it

Yesterday i decided to quit my study, while i am at the 3rd year (of 4) and i redo the 3rd year even. That makes 4 years of study, but no diploma. I do have something form the 1st, which grants access to more courses on university , but thats not enough to make a living.

I quit, and i am glad i did it. As its personally for me a big step to do what i want, and not to feel quilty what others may think of it. I am not happy in my position, so i do something about it.

So what now? 23 years old almost and still no study. THat means ia m going to do a 'free course' for students who quit their current study and try to get clear what to do now.

THere you have it, a new thread on BU and some 'shocking news' ... :blushing:

Rick 10-01-2006 10:34

Re: Some will call me insane, but i did it

Heh unless I really would dislike the study, I would try to finish it anyway. You'd only need 1.5 year to finish it and you probably could do more other studies after you finished it?
Anyway I hope you can find a better study :) Maybe you could do chemistry too :D

Cpl. Shrike 10-01-2006 11:38

23 is still young.
Whats another 4 years :clap: just get a study with only women in class again.
Or ya can always just get a job.

The Storm 10-01-2006 12:03

Stefan you are insane! :P
Now really without a diploma you will maybe never have a good payed job. But the choise is yours...

TruB 10-01-2006 13:49

where i am going its more importent to have something to show rater than deplomas..

stefanhendriks 10-01-2006 13:56

well, i thought more like "do i want to do this the rest of my life?". Hell no! And basicly i felt shit like doing this over and over again. And, since i have a problem, i am the only one who can solve that. Mind that i already re-do the 3rd year.

I would rather do a job that pays shit but makes me feel happy, then do a job that pays well but makes me feel crap every day.

Leagle 10-01-2006 14:33

I thought you enjoyed teaching? (that is what it was, yes?)

Ah well. I'm doing a course now for two years that I don't have any interest in, find difficult and all in a city I hate. yehaw.

Exilibur 10-01-2006 14:39

I hope you will feel happy about your decision, but it sounds like it, so congratulations :)

It's a big move to take hand of ones live completely... I bet you're having a hell of trouble deciding what your gonna spend your new earned freedom on ;) - but in the end I would say you will remember this as a good step.

It takes a lot of guts to do what you have done... I myself haven't done anything like that, but right now I don't have the reason... dunno if I could take that step the day I wanted to, but I really hope so.

good luck with your new future ;)

stefanhendriks 10-01-2006 17:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Leagle
I thought you enjoyed teaching? (that is what it was, yes?)

Ah well. I'm doing a course now for two years that I don't have any interest in, find difficult and all in a city I hate. yehaw.

Well at first it was, later it was because i felt obliged to finish the course. Now i just thought with "wtf, i am doing something i don't want to do, and i am the only one who can stop this"... so i stopped it.

I hope there is something where i can blend teaching and ict... but there are no courses for that yet in Holland i think. Ow well, i'll keep u guys informed.

Yeah, it takes quite some 'guts'. Mostly because i am facing an uncertain future now.

Exilibur 10-01-2006 18:40

Well, as I see it, a certain future would mean you were left choiseless. So all in all it's probably a good thing to face some uncertainty... enjoy!