.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Common Questions (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   pb menu doesn't work (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5669)

StevnJ9971 31-08-2006 10:08

pb menu doesn't work

Okay...My pb menu doesn't work.. Everything's fine in the podbot.cfg file. The bind is "bind "=" "pb menu"" I can't figure out what's wrong. Does anyone know what's wrong?

KWo 31-08-2006 10:20

Re: pb menu doesn't work

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevnJ9971
Okay...My pb menu doesn't work.. Everything's fine in the podbot.cfg file. The bind is "bind "=" "pb menu"" I can't figure out what's wrong. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Are You using V3 version of podbot mm (I need to know really the number, th einfo as "yeah, I have the latest version" is saying me really nothing). The problem You have on dedicated server (and You cannot invoke the menu from the client's PC) or You have a listenserver (You are crteating the game and You are playing on the same PC)?
Hint - if You are using V3 - read podbot.cfg coming with V3 - there is a lot of info - also about passwords and access.

StevnJ9971 31-08-2006 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 51389)
Are You using V3 version of podbot mm (I need to know really the number, th einfo as "yeah, I have the latest version" is saying me really nothing). The problem You have on dedicated server (and You cannot invoke the menu from the client's PC) or You have a listenserver (You are crteating the game and You are playing on the same PC)?
Hint - if You are using V3 - read podbot.cfg coming with V3 - there is a lot of info - also about passwords and access.

I do have version 3 of podbot mm. I do have a dedicated server but I'm still not sure about what to do. You're post wasn't really clear on posting instructions.

KWo 01-09-2006 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by podbot.cfg
# passwordkey - need set as setinfo to get access to main podbot menu
# usage (in below example ou may need to write Your-own passwordkey instead
# _pbadminpw - if You changed the default setting for it):
# setinfo _pbadminpw "your_password"
pb_passwordkey "_pbadminpw"

# Set the password to have access to podbot menu on DS by 'pb menu'
# console command
pb_password "your_password"

That bolded line (without #) should be written in Your client's autoexec.cfg file placed in ...\cstrike directory. "your_password" is the string You should have the same in Your podbot.cfg (as pb_password) at Your dedicated server and in Your clients' PC autoexec.cfg.

StevnJ9971 01-09-2006 19:25

Okay, but I don't have to put in a password or anything when I get into the server, right?

Ancient 01-09-2006 19:35

You don't have to but if you are going to add or remove bots, you will have to instert your password.
I would also recomend changing the password to atleast 7 chars, to help keep up security.

StevnJ9971 01-09-2006 19:55

So how exactly would it have to look in the console with the bind? Or where would I put the password in in the server?

KWo 02-09-2006 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 51405)
That bolded line (without #) should be written in Your client's autoexec.cfg file placed in ...\cstrike directory. "your_password" is the string You should have the same in Your podbot.cfg (as pb_password) at Your dedicated server and in Your clients' PC autoexec.cfg.

As above - on the server - the password must be in podbot.cfg file in Your ...\cstrike\addons\podbot\podbot.cfg file as the line:
pb_password "your_password"
On the client PC - if You are connecting from other PC to Your server - You need to type manually nowhere the password if You write this line:
setinfo _pbadminpw "your_password"
in Your autoexec.cfg file on Your client's PC in ...\cstrike folder.
And the bind should be - in this case - also placed in Your autoexec.cfg (on Your client's PC):
bind "=" "pb menu"

StevnJ9971 05-09-2006 04:59

I've done all this, and it still hasn't worked. I can't get the pb menu to come up when I press = . I couldn't find an autoexec.cfg in my cstrike folder, so I just made one with a regular text file. Is that what should've been done? What does your autoexec.cfg look like?

KWo 05-09-2006 10:07

Yeah - it must be a text file. The mine just look so:

Code:

console "1"
exec graphic.cfg
exec blood.cfg

setinfo "_amx_pw" "my_amx_password"

setinfo "_pbadminpw"  "my_pb_mm_password"
bind "=" "pb menu"

setinfo "_yapb_pw"  "my_yapb_password"

exec buy.cfg

These bolded lines are related to podbot mm. As You can see from autoexec.cfg You can call other *.cfg files (if needed).
Make sure Your autoexec.cfg file isn't autoexec.cfg.txt (windows by default hides extensions for most known files types - You can unhide them in Windows Explorer's settings - Tools -> Folder Options -> View).