.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   HPB_bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Steam Help (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4249)

RR99i 24-07-2005 09:08

Steam Help

Hi everyone,

I'm having trouble trying to install HPB Bot 4.0. I want to install it for Deathmatch Classic (Steam Version). I go to C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*username*\deathmatch classic. I read the ReadMe on what to do. I've tried putting the files at that location and also, C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\*username*\deathmatch classic\dmc . When I click on the install.bat, it tells me it's in the wrong directory. Sorry if this doesn't make any sence. If someone could give step-by-step instructions on how to get HPB Bot to work. I'm very new to adding bots to older games.

BeaverMon 24-07-2005 17:12

Re: Steam Help

Cool, a fellow Hoosier! Where do you live?

I'm having a simular problem for HPB_bot 3.0, trying to get it installed with TFC, and getting that same message. I've already posted my question for it.

RR99i 24-07-2005 22:29

Hi BeaverMon :),

I'm from close to Anderson, IN. But the closest little town I'm by is called, Perkinsville. I only play with the bots right now. My only ok option to the internet is, dial-up. I should have just posted on your topic. I'm not sure if I need a MOD (like metamod) to get HPB Bot to work. I don't have a clue as to where I install a MOD for Steam. This is all confusing to me. I'm like a little kid that hasn't pasted 1st grade. I would need step by step instructions at what I need to do. I've read the ReadMe for HPB Bot, but don't understand all I need to do. I have Half-Life Platinum Collection. I would like to get bots not only for Deathmatch Classic, but also: Opposing Force, Team Fortress Classic.

Pierre-Marie Baty 25-07-2005 01:01

The latest HPB_bot require metamod to run... if you use an older version, you're quite on your own because Steam broke quite a few things at some point, that's why the bot got an upgrade.

RR99i 25-07-2005 06:55

Hi Pierre-Marie Baty :),

Do you know where I should install metamod? Like what folder in Steam should I put it in. Would it be, for Opposing Force... C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\SteamApps\rr99i\opposing force\gearbox\addons\metamod\dlls ? I have Half-Life 2 and Counter-Strike: Source also. Also, I'm trying to figure out how to install HPB Bot. I maybe stupid, but I read the ReadMe and still can't figure this out. I've been reading on the forum and found out that you need to put, hpb_bot_mm.dll , somewhere. I have Windows XP if that maybe causing the problem with installing. I'm sorry.:(

Ok... lol... this is my second edit. First off, I want to thank Pierre-Marie Baty for helping a lot of people on Bots United! I've been reading your posts and found the answer to getting HPB Bot and Metamod working right. It took a lot of work on my side to get Opposing Force bots running. This is my first time playing it and I found that you can only have about 4-5 bots in a game. I don't know if you can have more than that. Anyways, thanks so much. Last, thanks to Botman for making HPB Bot! :D You've made bots for the games I have, thanks so much.

Pierre-Marie Baty 25-07-2005 16:40

Hey, no problem :) Helping each other out, that's what we are here for.