.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Half-Life 2 SDK (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=62)
-   -   Alpha template - gets you started (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3377)

stefanhendriks 09-01-2005 23:26

Alpha template - gets you started

1 Attachment(s)
This template is very alpha, its based on Botmans one, contains snippets of SteveC and its in a process of being converted for a UB. (United Bot).

I already shared earlier versions of this with council members, PMB, Asp, etc. This version is able to:

walk to vector
look at vector
draw waypoints
assign goals to waypoints
save/load waypoints

Workspace for MSVC 6 (do however change the custom build process!)

it does not contain:
- pathfinder and such

it can:
acces pBaseEdict & pBasePlayer (thx to SteveC)

it uses:
mathlib.*

so in order to compile, you need the MSVC 6.0 + SP 5.0 + Processor Pack. If you cannot compile it, because you can't install the Processor pack. Google for information about it, because it is possible..... ;)

Download here:

sfx1999 10-01-2005 00:16

Re: Alpha template - gets you started

So how long until we get a walkmesh thing going on?

I guess I need to write a polygon ripper. The problem is, I don't have the skills.

dead bwoy 10-01-2005 00:24

Can someone compile this for windows so all us non-coders can check it out?

Cheeseh 10-01-2005 00:24

theres a navmesh code built in to source SDK but I don't know how to use it (and I don't think it compiles...)

Gun-Nut 10-01-2005 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by dead bwoy
Can someone compile this for windows so all us non-coders can check it out?

yeah hopefully someone does :D

stefanhendriks 10-01-2005 12:00

there is not much use in a compiled version at this state.

You should add some code first to let a bot think, ie, find an enemy and target it and such. So its not that easy. The primitives are available, but you still have to do a lot of work to make it an actual bot. Therefor a very alpha-template ;)

dead bwoy 10-01-2005 12:26

Ok, from the screenshot where the bot was shooting you, I thought maybe you had already accomplished that... My bad!

stefanhendriks 10-01-2005 13:44

ow yes, i think thats all the template can do ;)

all bot shoot you, friends, foes, hehe :D

EDIT:
thats basicly showing that you can alter move and look vectors ;) when you can set those you can basicly build a bot.

@$3.1415rin 10-01-2005 17:47

to clarify things : the bot was shooting the human player, because you have some special information about him. they wouldnt shoot at each other when a terror and a ct bot meet

msc41 12-01-2005 20:06

hey guys, ive been playing with the alpha templates, loks pretty good appart from one thing, i can get bots to add, its compiles fiine, then i can load it into CS, no problem. Running add_bot,add_bot_t, add_bot_ct (or however there are spelt) simple adds a bot to the server, which spectates, all 3 do this, also no error msg's in console, says they have joined fine, tried killing my self also. They dont join teams, any ideas... Mat