.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   IvPBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   How to Install IvPBot? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=761)

KaCaT 16-02-2004 17:44

How to Install IvPBot?

Just install/extract the archive to up one level of your cstrike folder.

Examples:
C:\SIERRA\Half-Life for Half-Life mod version of CS
or
C:\SIERRA\Counter-Strike for retail version of CS
or
C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\user@company.com\counter-strike for Steam version

For Steam users:
Before install the bot, go to create a game in CS. After the game is created, quit it. This will create a file (mp.dll) which is needed by the bot to run.

After you installed the bot, go to your cstrike folder and set the liblist.gam to "Read-Only" mode. You can do this by right-click on liblist.gam -> choose "Properties" from the menu -> tick the "Read-Only" option on "General" tab.

Notes:
1. If you are using the win32 installer to install the bot, you have to type in the path to install (don't press the Browse button on the installer to choose the path else the bot will installed to C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\user@company.com\counter-strike\Half-Life)

2. To make sure you installed to the correct place, go to your cstrike folder and see if there is a ivpbot folder. If it's exist, then you installed it correctly :)

Another thread that is related with the installation of the IvPBot on Steam:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=747

New waypoints for CS 1.6:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=487 by CoCoNUT
http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=726 by Obi_Wan

Juaninzze 17-02-2004 06:52

Re: How to Install IvPBot?

nice guide!

NickV 01-03-2004 00:38

:( cant get is i cant install it :( !

ruberninjuh 04-03-2004 12:58

OMG im stressing..see i go on vacation alot so i want bots but iono where to put stuff..ok i donwload the thing..i get one .dll then what! ???:( If somebody could help me out that would be ggEeerrRaATTT!:P haha lol ok thanks

TheWiz01 08-03-2004 23:04

How about a dedicated server??? C:\HLSERVER

DreamLord34 09-03-2004 04:33

Install ivpbot to the cstrike folder in HLserver.
I have mine there & run from a config.ini in the metamod folder. Works fine.

DreamLord34 09-03-2004 04:35

1 Attachment(s)
Use this to load ivpbot, save to metamod folder as config.ini

seeknstrike508 14-03-2004 21:36

its not hard if u know what ur doing

shamz 18-04-2004 17:19

you guys help me... can i play steam cs with bots without having an original cdkey???

Hardwood 18-04-2004 18:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamz
you guys help me... can i play steam cs with bots without having an original cdkey???

What you are asking is illegal. Not only that but by using anything other than an original CD key you might be ruining that key's owner's chance of playing. That key could belong to any of us here trying to help you. NOT GOOD!

Just go buy Halflife, it's cheap and you get many many many games for the price of one.

shamz 18-04-2004 19:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hardwood
What you are asking is illegal. Not only that but by using anything other than an original CD key you might be ruining that key's owner's chance of playing. That key could belong to any of us here trying to help you. NOT GOOD!

ok i didnt know that..

Quote:

Just go buy Halflife, it's cheap and you get many many many games for the price of one
..like? 8o

Hardwood 19-04-2004 15:03

The site below has MANY mods for HL

http://www.planethalflife.com/commun...sted/mods.shtm

shamz 20-04-2004 20:27

thanks hardwood, but that website has nothing to do with my ass

DreamLord34 20-04-2004 20:39

That site is WAY outdated. It's first news topic talks about the "new" maps badlands & crossover.

Hardwood 21-04-2004 15:20

Sheesh.. the point was, when you buy HL you get a bunch of free modifications. I'm sure each mod has it's own site but that's a good list to start from.
My current favorite is www.svencoop.com

HuntTheShunt 21-06-2004 20:11

Hi all,
IvPbot now working thanks to you guys.
key point is:-
For cstrike command line
-dll addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll
create metamod\config.ini
add this line(must be metamod117):
gamedll ivpbot/ivpbot.dll

Hunt.

br0k3n_gravity 02-07-2004 10:01

Ok... I'm confused here... 4 things:

1- When I'm changing the liblist.gam file to "Read Only", do I check-off the "Archive" box?

2- What is a CVAR?

3- Do you need Metamod or Admin Mod to work the bots in a local game server?

4- How do the commands work? Do you press + to bring up the menu like the basic POD?

Yea, well those are my probs.
Thanks in advanced.

Pierre-Marie Baty 02-07-2004 17:02

IvPBot is not developed anymore and his author disappeared months ago...

you might want to try out POD-bot 2.6mm, it's better and still actively developed

HuntTheShunt 02-07-2004 21:40

1- When I'm changing the liblist.gam file to "Read Only", do I check-off the "Archive" box?
I didn't bother with the read only or archive box.

2- What is a CVAR?
There are a lot of documents that tell you how they work. google CVAR Counter-Strike.
I did not need to set any to get ivpodbot working.

3- Do you need Metamod or Admin Mod to work the bots in a local game server?
ivpodbot is a metamod plugin so needs metamod to work.

4- How do the commands work? Do you press + to bring up the menu like the basic POD?
I never got the pod bot menu to work!
I used console for a lot of commands and added my own most used commands to the userconfig.cfg

Hunt.

RazorICE 23-07-2004 13:49

Whenver I install this and try New Game it always says there is a memory read error >:(

Hardwood 23-07-2004 15:21

Sounds like you need the updated .dll for listenservers which is in one of these sticky threads.

Chimchim420 31-07-2004 09:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by ruberninjuh
OMG im stressing..see i go on vacation alot so i want bots but iono where to put stuff..ok i donwload the thing..i get one .dll then what! ???:( If somebody could help me out that would be ggEeerrRaATTT!:P haha lol ok thanks

You need 2 downloads here my friend and it sounds like you only got the second one which is the zip file from the thread in KaCats post. Get the first file which is Ivpbot1.1.1 from this link http://www.ivpbot.tk/ , install it according to the instructions in the forums, then copy that .dll file you have, replacing the original, in your ivpbot folder.

Chimchim420 31-07-2004 09:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by shamz

Um....I don't think Steam will even update your CS to 1.6 with a bogus CD key. If it does....then theoreticly, yeah you could play it offline with bots. Kinda sleazy dude but hey, whatever floats your cheap 'lil' boat.

Chimchim420 31-07-2004 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamLord34
That site is WAY outdated. It's first news topic talks about the "new" maps badlands & crossover.

OMG!!! That Steam-Updating banner you puy up had me litterally rolling in tears for a good 15 min. That was too funny. N1 man, thanx for the laugh.

Goofkop 19-07-2005 16:33

I run the bits on my dedicated server , but i wanne know how to ged more or less and how to set the lvl of them.

Already thx :)

Mr. [H]eadshot 04-04-2006 22:09

2 problems!

Heey,

My bots are working but they move very fast and they come only to some places... A second problem is that they don't buy any weapons?

Does anybody know what's up with these guyz?

Tnx and Greetz, John.

happybattles 07-04-2006 17:53

Got IvP installed. Server automaticly creates bots... but they're spectators. I use AMXX to switch them to teams, but they're dead and the round won't start.
They won't join teams. The round won't start. Any ideas?

thelionheart 28-04-2007 06:09

nice guide but after i installed it everything work all the bots loaded but they are stuck on spectate i can assign them to team i am sure i am not doing somthing really simple but i cant figure it out. help?

jeefo 30-04-2007 20:19

Once again!

IVP BOT IS DEAD, NO SUPPORT, USE EPODBOT, PODBOT-MM, YAPB!

KWo 30-04-2007 22:26

I think this forum should be closed for writting (read-only).

The Storm 01-05-2007 12:39

Well its not so dead, the source code is released. :)

jeefo 01-05-2007 17:51

Well, in that case some one should, update bot to work with latest CS updates, and put sticky here. However no one read stickies (and other threads, neither just looks at their name) when post here, so i believe, closing down forum is better idea...