.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Half-Life and HL1 Mods (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   Install CZ bots on 1.6? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3892)

chrom3titan 24-04-2005 19:46

Install CZ bots on 1.6?

hey guys, is this possible? I mean thier the same game xept the new models and maps... it would be awsome if its possbile. And does any1 know if FOXBOT will work the the steam version of TFC?

Pierre-Marie Baty 24-04-2005 21:53

Re: Install CZ bots on 1.6?

It is possible, but illegal, unless you own both games. And I'm almost certain FoxBot works with Steam.

MarD 25-04-2005 21:45

Heyyo,

Foxbot does indeed work with the steam version of TFC. I was even able to host it onna listenserver, so there were like 7 people gaming with me.. *coughs* pwning me :| *coughs*

lol, but for cs1.6? just use any of the cs1.6 bots you find in the filebase, they won't dissapoint. Btw, CZbot sucks with nades n' using ladders, and their jumping technique isin't very good most of the time..

Whistler 27-04-2005 07:22

"It is possible, but illegal, unless you own both games."

Nope, even if you have license to both games (not "own", you know almost every EULAs say "This software is licensed, not sold" :D), you still can't do that legally. Just see the EULA.

the CS 1.6 mp.dll and CZero mp.dll are actually the same, Valve just use GET_GAME_DIR() and strcmp() to detect if the game directory is "cstrike" or "czero" to decide blocking the bot code or not. So if you want the CZero bot to be used in CS 1.6, you'll have to modify the dll file (which is forbidden).

Pierre-Marie Baty 27-04-2005 22:23

I'll rephrase it then:
"It is possible, but illegal, although they won't bother suing you for that if you own both games."
Satisfied ? 9_9

Whistler 02-05-2005 15:07

1 Attachment(s)
I've found a way to enable the official bots in CS 1.6. just check the attachment

perhaps Valve guys won't be pleased to see this, but this isn't illegal anyway. you can see the source code to check if it's legal or not :) overall you still need to copy some files from CZero

Hjalte 19-06-2005 13:40

... and if you want it to work with metamod you add

+localinfo mm_gamedll "dlls/csbot_enable.dll"

to your Counter-Strike launch options instead of what it says in the readme :)

manning 03-08-2005 22:03

i get an error :/

"Fail loading MOD DLL or unsupported MOD"

Whistler 04-08-2005 09:52

delete liblist.gam, start a game and quit it, and reinstall this stuff

commonbullet 07-09-2005 06:16

this csbot_enable.dll offered me a strange and singular experience, i must thank to Whistler.
i put the 'csbots' to play together with the 'podbots' :D
the game was a little lagged but it was fun.

i tryied to download the new version of podbot_mm but it doesn't work together with csbots. the botaim2 for some reason doesn't work in this situation too.