.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   JKBotti (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   JK-Botti 1.44-beta Src Code Unofficial WIP (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=10037)

RoboCop 11-09-2016 01:00

JK-Botti 1.44-beta Src Code Unofficial WIP

1 Attachment(s)
Hello I don't know if anyone who are reading this could maybe cooperate but I was hoping someone could maybe point out some errors or mistakes I made with this JK-Botti src code that I'm altering for supporting DMC.

I extracted some of the bot_start.cpp from HPB for allowing bots to start as JKB doesn't allow bots to use "_firstspawn" command as the DMC MOTD requires the bot to "click" [OK] on the MOTD caption, as HLDM and Op4DM doesn't require the for MOTD to clear for movement and to spawn for the bots.

I did some experimenting and added the entities and bot_weapons for DMC but I'm stuck on the bot_start.cpp part as I'm not a C/C++ professional. This current src code zip contains a GCC compile error from bot_start.cpp saying:

Code:

bot_start.cpp: In function ‘void BotStartGame()’:
bot_start.cpp:38:48: error: could not convert ‘(const char*)"_firstspawn"’ from ‘const char*’ to ‘edict_t {aka edict_s}’
    FakeClientCommand("_firstspawn", NULL, NULL);

I've tried nearly everything else I could solve this problem. I got the src code for JKB 1.44-beta WIP for those who like to adventure on recoding this source scripts.

jeefo 11-09-2016 20:56

Re: JK-Botti 1.44-beta Src Code Unofficial WIP

hi.

is suppose FakeClientCommand takes pBot.pEdict pointer as first parameter.

RoboCop 14-09-2016 02:03

Alright so far I think I got that part fixed. But I need to look over on the mod_id compile error in bot_start.cpp:-

Code:

bot_start.cpp: In function ‘void BotStartGame()’:
bot_start.cpp:36:1: error: expected initializer before ‘if’
 if (mod_id == DMC_DLL)
 ^
bot_start.cpp:105:2: error: ‘else’ without a previous ‘if’
  else
  ^
bot_start.cpp:108:5: error: ‘pBot’ was not declared in this scope
    pBot->not_started = 0;

tschumann 14-09-2016 13:21

Post the entire bit that you've changed - the error messages seem obvious enough but it would be easier to see what you've done for context.

RoboCop 14-09-2016 19:05

Well so far the compiler seems to work okay when I exclude bot_start.cpp and added in line 923 for bot.cpp:
Code:

* * * FakeClientCommand(BotEnt, "_firstspawn", NULL, NULL);
But when I loaded JKB on Metamod the logs gave me this error:-
Code:

L 09/14/2016 - 16:44:31: [META] WARNING: dll: Failed query plugin '<jk_botti_mm.so>'; Couldn't open file '/home/desktop/steamcmd/hlds/dmc/addons/jk_botti/dlls/jk_botti_mm.so': /home/apghlds/steamcmd/hlds/dmc/addons/jk_botti/dlls/jk_botti_mm.so: undefined symbol: waypoints
L 09/14/2016 - 16:44:31: [META] WARNING: dll: Skipping plugin '<jk_botti_mm.so>'; couldn't query
L 09/14/2016 - 16:44:31: [META] WARNING: dll: Failed to load plugin 'jk_botti_mm.so'

I had to add the DMC weapons in bot_weapons.cpp but I don't know that will cause that issue on the 'waypoint' error. Although the 'weapon_shotgun' entity that is used for both HLDM and DMC may of caused a conflicting issue but my Linux shell on using Make didn't display any warning messages.

tschumann 16-09-2016 11:37

I think by default gcc won't complain about undefined variables - I think the -Wall parameter might help here.
Why did you exclude bot_start.cpp?

RoboCop 16-09-2016 23:18

Because I had to start from scratch by reflecting on some of the modifications I did to support DMC. I already knew on the "_firstspawn" was the key to allow JKB to spawn the bots properly in DMC, but I realised that bot.cpp can also use that command.

RoboCop 17-09-2016 17:29

1 Attachment(s)
Well so far I've made some tweaks and added a bit more DMC support but I had to exclude some #define for the HLDM and Op4 declarations as the compiler cannot cope using too many initializers in bot_weapons.h. I've added in waypoints.cpp/h and engine.cpp for 4 of the DMC runes and 3 types of armour, as well added the DMC weapons and ammo in bot_weapons.

The bots do work well but they appear to only use the single-barreled shotgun mainly and they don't learn how to evade the lava pit to avoid suicide.

And as for the Makefile it appears the main /metamod folder in jk_botti src folder contains the Metamod SDK with the older Meta Interface 5:7 so I had to use Metamod-P37 src code to allow JKB to support.

I've recompiled JKB as jk_botti_dmc_mm.so v1.44 for you guys to maybe try out. I know the src code is kinda messed up and I didn't had time to neaten it up, but I had to test some ideas for JKB to work on DMC for practical experimental purposes.

sixcentgeorgefr 02-12-2020 20:05

i emailed the author several times.. and beside i am french.. [ i mean it because i think he is from finland.. finland where france is building for them a nuclear reactor...that theypromised to pay 3 billions..its current cost for france is more around 30's billions../spoiler]... he never answered any email..
it was about metamod-p that he makes either
i also added this pluggin in my first mod using the opposing force dlls ..

my post has nothing to do with the above ;'] text..
i read the link : https://github.com/Bots-United/jk_botti
where the original author speaks about a 1.44 beta himself ..
as he "commit" change 6 month ago .. i wonder if you work on 1.44b or create a 1.45b ..

i try to not be "tricky" but the main good thing in opposing force , beside the grunts friends : torchman and medic + males black-ops and the new aliens ...
are the two giant aliens : with entities managed by the dlls : the eyes and the claws ..
as the code is still "private" even the svencoop is still not able to have them looking real ..in his "coop mod version "

i am asking if you or the original author are planing to use these monsters as "Bots" ??
[i would also take some in my dlls.. sorry i ll do imagine i do the saturday morning "market" ..buying fresh vegetables from around ..[lol] i can 't stop joking..]

RoboCop 03-12-2020 19:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by sixcentgeorgefr (Post 67366)
i emailed the author several times.. and beside i am french.. [ i mean it because i think he is from finland.. finland where france is building for them a nuclear reactor...that theypromised to pay 3 billions..its current cost for france is more around 30's billions../spoiler]... he never answered any email..
it was about metamod-p that he makes either
i also added this pluggin in my first mod using the opposing force dlls ..

my post has nothing to do with the above ;'] text..
i read the link : https://github.com/Bots-United/jk_botti
where the original author speaks about a 1.44 beta himself ..
as he "commit" change 6 month ago .. i wonder if you work on 1.44b or create a 1.45b ..

i try to not be "tricky" but the main good thing in opposing force , beside the grunts friends : torchman and medic + males black-ops and the new aliens ...
are the two giant aliens : with entities managed by the dlls : the eyes and the claws ..
as the code is still "private" even the svencoop is still not able to have them looking real ..in his "coop mod version "

i am asking if you or the original author are planing to use these monsters as "Bots" ??
[i would also take some in my dlls.. sorry i ll do imagine i do the saturday morning "market" ..buying fresh vegetables from around ..[lol] i can 't stop joking..]

JK Author kinda resigned being JKB project leader.