.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   HPB_bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   HPB_bot4.0 DOES work for steam (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=417)

Cephas 19-01-2004 18:43

HPB_bot4.0 DOES work for steam

I can confirm that it works just fine with steam. It installs just like any other metamod bot. It does have 1 MAJOR bug that could be fixed though.

When an engineer builds something, bots of the same team will go all out attacking it untill they run out of ammo, then they will proceed to attack with their melee weapon. Even the engineer himself will start shooting with his shotgun after he builds it.

Becides that, the bots play the game and use the class spacific abilities very good, especially the spies...........damn them!

Onno Kreuzinger 19-01-2004 22:35

Re: HPB_bot4.0 DOES work for steam

I'm pleased is works as expected :)
since i primarily test on 1.6 due to lak of client software, and none of my fellows plays 1.5.

Cheers MeMeD
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cephas
I can confirm that it works just fine with steam. It installs just like any other metamod bot. It does have 1 MAJOR bug that could be fixed though.

--
should i write here "builder" of HPB_Bot@linux ?
no, i don't like that kind of self propaganda

Pierre-Marie Baty 20-01-2004 05:39

This might be because the color map of sentry guns have changed since the last TFC update... If someone could display in game the values of pEdict->v.colormap for a sentry gun of each team and change them in the source code (bot_combat.cpp, BotFindEnemy() function), that bug would go away I suppose...

botman 20-01-2004 14:38

"Even the engineer himself will start shooting with his shotgun after he builds it"

Ha-Ha! That's funny. :D

botman

Pierre-Marie Baty 20-01-2004 15:35

1 Attachment(s)
It's my fault :(

I didn't know that the sentry guns and the dispensers also had the FL_MONSTER flag...

To fix this, add these two lines in BotFindEnemy() in the bot_combat.cpp file: (lines starting with "context" are here to show you where to commit the changes)
Code:

(context)  if (!IsAlive (pMonster))
(context)        continue; // discard dead or dying monsters

if (strncmp ("building_", STRING (pMonster->v.classname), 9) == 0)
                          continue; // TFC: skip sentry guns and dispensers

(context)  vecEnd = pMonster->v.origin + pMonster->v.view_ofs;
(context)

Here's included an updated HPB_bot dll... someone gotta compile it for Linux also ;)

Onno Kreuzinger 20-01-2004 17:30

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
To fix this, add these two lines in BotFindEnemy() in the bot_combat.cpp file: (lines starting with "context" are here to show you where to commit the changes)
Code:

(context)  if (!IsAlive (pMonster))
 (context)        continue; // discard dead or dying monsters

if (strncmp ("building_", STRING (pMonster->v.classname), 9) == 0)
                          continue; // TFC: skip sentry guns and dispensers

(context)  vecEnd = pMonster->v.origin + pMonster->v.view_ofs;
 (context)

Here's included an updated HPB_bot dll... someone gotta compile it for Linux also ;)

and here is an updated hpb_bot_mm_i586.so :D
i skip the i386 build, until someone needs it.

(b.t.w. can you allow .tar.gz and tar.bz2 files for upload too, zip kind of sucks in linux)

Cheers MeMeD

Pierre-Marie Baty 20-01-2004 20:47

Okay thanks, the new HPB_bot has been repackaged for Windows and Linux and I added a news item on the front page :)

DreamLord34 22-01-2004 17:14

Where can I download the latest HPB package? I looked on botman's site but he only has HPB_bot3.0 there.

Onno Kreuzinger 22-01-2004 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by DreamLord34
Where can I download the latest HPB package? I looked on botman's site but he only has HPB_bot3.0 there.

well linux users seem to be used to scrolling down and only read what is labled linux =).

me actually too, but in this case the linux download is right second on top, under the whinedoze link.

Cheers MeMeD

DreamLord34 22-01-2004 17:41

Ok I got it up & running but I have one simple question. Waypoints, can we download them or do we have to make them ourselves?