.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   IvPBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=39)
-   -   IVPbot, steam(cs1.6, non-dedicated) and adminmod (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3912)

darkyoda 01-05-2005 01:48

IVPbot, steam(cs1.6, non-dedicated) and adminmod

Hey all, I can't get any bots to work with steam (cs1.6) and i use a listenserver...I can't get ivpbot installed let alone any other (like i just said) so i was wondering if anyone has any help for me, I exctracted ivp1_1_2 into my CSTRIKE, not counter-strike, but the folder titeld "cstrike". I am completely lost, if anyone could give a step by step guide? which btw, i tried 2 guides already on this forum that were from.Juaninzze & Hardwood.
Thanks all,

-Jared.

The Storm 02-05-2005 11:20

Re: IVPbot, steam(cs1.6, non-dedicated) and adminmod

To install IvPB you must exctract them in your counter-strike folder not in "\cstrike".
to install PODbot_mm you must have Metamod installed. And the PODbot_mm folder must be in cstrike\addons. After that configurate metamod to load them.
To install E[POD]bot just run the installer and point again your counter-strike dir.
To install YaPB you must point this time your "\cstrike" dir.

For the other bots I don't know because I've never install them.

darkyoda 04-05-2005 06:59

I got as far as typing "meta list" in console and it recognizing podbot_mm.dll as being present, but it says "bad file" instead of RUN(ing) under STATUS. and that its not correctly being loaded.

??!!
-Jared!

The Storm 04-05-2005 20:10

Yes.

darkyoda 04-05-2005 22:50

Yes? Well, have you ever heard of this happening before? Or do you have any suggestions on how to fix it? Do I have to 'configure meta mod to load it' like you said in the 1st reply? Thanks!

-Jared

The Storm 05-05-2005 20:35

Just configurate metamod to load podbot_mm.
Your liblist.gam must load metamod.dll.
After that all will work.

darkyoda 05-05-2005 22:49

okay, how do you go about configuring metamod to load podbot_mm.dll?, I have multipule liblist.gam files in different folders and i have them all saying

game "Counter-Strike"
url_info "www.counter-strike.net"
url_dl ""
version "1.6"
size "184000000"
svonly "0"
secure "1"
type "multiplayer_only"
cldll "1"
hlversion "1111"
nomodels "1"
nohimodel "1"
mpentity "info_player_start"
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"
gamedll_linux "dlls/cs_i386.so"
trainmap "tr_1"

so its configured to run metamod and i type meta load podbot_mm.dll in console and it says it can't load, and i'll type meta retry 2 (cuz it recognizes podbot_mm.dll as the 2nd plugin detected in the meta list list.)

Any ideas?!
Thanks, Jared.

sPlOrYgOn 06-05-2005 03:36

all the bots I know of so far cannot be loaded in console like that.
in the .../addons/metamod/ directory make a file called plugins.ini and put "Win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll" in it.

darkyoda 06-05-2005 05:34

hey all, I have two addons folders, one in the Counter-Strike dir. and 1 in the cstrike dir. the one in CSTRIKE had the plugins (it said configuration file under the name Plugins) in it, so i created a wordpad called plugins.ini and put the that line in, then i created another plugins.ini in the Counter-strike addon's folder (fyi the files i created i placed in addons/metamod, of both locations) and i still have no bots! :( help! why is this so messed up?!

-Thanks, Jared.

The Storm 08-05-2005 14:26

plugins.ini is located in your cstrike\addons\metamod folder.
Open this plugins.ini and write there :

Win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll

After that all will be OK.
And I don't know why you people don't read the readme and instalations help files. There is explained evrything.