.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   E[POD]bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   Reporting of Bugs and Errors for E[POD]bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2963)

MarD 11-11-2004 09:34

Reporting of Bugs and Errors for E[POD]bot

Heyyo,

Ok, since E[POD]bot is in full development again, and I can't always notice problems, and anyone of you guys notice errors with it, please post them here. Also, try to describe what exactly happened, and do you know how to make this bug reappear? Also, screenshots of these bugs in play will also help us discover the source of the problem.

Black_Hunter 10-12-2004 01:48

Re: Reporting of Bugs and Errors for E[POD]bot

your titles file in v4a is very buggy here is an example:

http://img55.exs.cx/img55/4773/dedust00002ca.jpg

MarD 10-12-2004 02:21

Heyyo,

What you need to do is run the epbcfg executable file, and load the english.txt console and text, and then "save and exit" or "save file" then you should be fine. :)

Black_Hunter 10-12-2004 03:44

and when i play in the internet without E[POD]bot????

Whistler 11-12-2004 12:33

you need this file for CS 1.6:
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=232

The Storm 11-12-2004 12:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler

Whistler if you configurate EPBcfg executable file and choose bots menu languarge and bot chat and after that save the file all will be OK.
Try;)!!!

Whistler 11-12-2004 12:49

I don't think it will work with Steam.

The Storm 11-12-2004 22:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler
I don't think it will work with Steam.

It is fully tested by MarD and me and if you configurate the EPBcfg.exe file correct all will be OK.
And I use Steam.
If I don't use Steam I will not be able to play CS 1.6 :).

MarD 12-12-2004 02:11

Heyyo,

hmm, THE_STORM, we should fix this an upload a fixed version. Just do our fix, and then put it in the installer, then send it to me or you can upload it.

Baddle_Bot 23-05-2005 08:02

Hey I'm using CS retail 1.5 with the WON2 patch and also Extreme Edition (which is just an update to graphics so that shouldnt change much) and E[POD] Bot v4b. I've also read the read firsts and done the set language thingy in the epbcfg file.

I've tried with a base install of CS retail, with just the latest retail patch, with the EE and combinations of the three and I still get this menu bug.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Is there anything else I could do to fix it?

Another bug:

I'm using CS Revolution which is CS 1.5 stuck on steam with all the menus and stuff (http://www.csrev.com/) and when I try to run E[POD] Bot with it when I start a game it crashes straight to the desktop. Not a biggy coz if i want to play with bots I can just play normal 1.5 (or the EE)

MarD 25-05-2005 01:03

Heyyo,

Ok, open up the liblist.gam file in your cstrike folder, and from there, look for this line:

Code:

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
and then change it to look like this:

Code:

//gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
gamedll "epodbot\epb.dll"

that should help load it up. Check the same for this cs revolution.. I'm not sure if it'll work fine since it's not an official cs release, but you can try.

preztoo 31-10-2005 08:14

I believe I have found a bug in the code. Not being a c++ freak, I have not pinpointed the exact location but there seems to be a programming error in the creation of bots.

First, the code in dll.cpp checks to see how many clients are on server and compares to max_bots:

// check if time to see if a bot needs to be created...
if (bot_check_time < gpGlobals->time)
{
int count = 0;
bot_check_time = gpGlobals->time + 0.5;
for (i = 0; i < 32; i++)
{
if (clients[i].pEntity != NULL)
count++;
}
// if there are currently less than the maximum number of "players"
// then add another bot using the default skill level...
//Bot auto-adding
if ((count < max_bots) && (max_bots != -1) && (g_bAutoFill))
{
BotCreate(NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL, NULL);
}
}

I believe the above code has some type of logic error. Maybe the check for clients doesn't include bots? Then it will never stop.... that's what happens on my dedicated server. The above code will then call the creation routine in bot.cpp, void BotCreate.

Here is another logical error. When trying to create a bot, but failing (probably because it has reached the maxuser limit, the code writes out the error code,

"Max. Players reached. Can't create bot!\n"

That is the message I get in my server console. It just creates this error in an ongoing process creating lagg and CPU consumption.

The code then does this:

max_bots = index; //Sets maxbots to the server limit.

That is an error, for now it sets max_bots to a number other than the one in epb.conf!!!

i.e. I have max_bots 4 in my config. I have maxusers 12
When I start server, this code adds 12 bots ignoring my config settings. Thats why I say there is a logical error in the first code. Then, when the code tries to create the 13th bot, it sets the max_bot from 4 to 12! Why??? Anyway, the code repeats itself. Fails to not create bot in dll.cpp, then tries to create a bot in bot.cpp

// This call creates the Fakeclient
BotEnt = g_engfuncs.pfnCreateFakeClient(c_name);

This code that creates a bot will fail when the number of bots have reached the maxusers thus envoking

// Did the Call succeed ?
if (FNullEnt(BotEnt))
{
if (pPlayer)
UTIL_HostPrint("#Bot_Create_ServerFull");
else if (IS_DEDICATED_SERVER())
printf("Max. Players reached. Can't create bot!\n");
botcreation_time = 0.0;
max_bots = index; //Sets maxbots to the server limit.
}

So, whoever is coding this stuff, please take a look and fix this.

I believe the error is here:

for (i = 0; i < 32; i++)
{
if (clients[i].pEntity != NULL)
count++;
}

First, we don't need to check for 32 but for maxbots
Second, I think that the array clients.pEntity doesn't include the amount of bots, does it? That would explain why the code tries to add more bots. I'm too tired now to go through the code and find oyut if it does or not....:-) Going to bed now...

The Storm 31-10-2005 18:02

Thanks for this point man. =) I will take a look. ;)

preztoo 31-10-2005 23:00

in bot.cpp

change

// Find a free slot in our Table of Bots
index = 0;
while ((bots[index].is_used) && (index < gpGlobals->maxClients))
index++;
// Too many existing Bots in Game
if (index == gpGlobals->maxClients)

to

// Find a free slot in our Table of Bots
index = 0;
while ((bots[index].is_used) && (index < max_bots))
index++;
// Too many existing Bots in Game
if (index == max_bots)

nadanetotz 30-12-2005 15:36

When I create de_dust on CS w/ EPB :

I always had a message

SZ_GetSpace: Tried to write to an uninitialized sizebuf_t ???

How can i fix this problem so that i could run that map (de_dust) normally....

The Storm 30-12-2005 21:44

I tryed and there is no such problem. Can you give me a screenshot?

Phorce_Phed 01-02-2006 20:26

I loaded the latest EPD on my dedicated Linux CS 1.5 server (WON2) and while it basically works, there are a few issues:

1. I set "epb_max_bots 4" and left "epb_min_bots 0" in EPB.cfg which (according to the description) means that when I join the server one of the bots should leave. This doesn't happen. All four bots stay in the game when I join.

2. I replaced the names in EPBnames.txt with 15 names of my own (all of them fewer than 12 characters, all of them alphanumeric) however while two of the bots pick names from that file the other two are named "bot [number]" (where [number] is a two digit number)

3. The instructions in EPODbot/doc/manual.txt say to modify cstrike/titles.txt. I followed them, but when I type "epb_botmenu" at the in-game console I get something similar to what you see in the screenshot Black_Hunter posted earlier in this thread. Reading another thread on here I see there appears to be special modifications required for CS 1.5, however I can't download the file attached to THE_STORM's message (the forum just sends me a 1x1 GIF instead).

Versions:
CS 1.5
HLDS Linux 3.1.1.1e
Metamod 1.18 (I'm loading EPD with this)
AMX 0.9.9 Linux WON
HLGuard 1.8

If anyone wants to test this on their own I have a page with the files and instructions needed to set up a server like mine:

http://www.repeatoffender.net/~phorcephed/nowon/

The Storm 02-02-2006 13:09

Here link for CS 1.5 with E[POD]bot's titles file. Extract it in to the your cstrike/ dir. It will fix the menu problem.

wendi stone 12-05-2006 03:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Baddle_Bot
Hey I'm using CS retail 1.5 with the WON2 patch and also Extreme Edition (which is just an update to graphics so that shouldnt change much) and E[POD] Bot v4b. I've also read the read firsts and done the set language thingy in the epbcfg file.

I've tried with a base install of CS retail, with just the latest retail patch, with the EE and combinations of the three and I still get this menu bug.

Is there something I'm doing wrong?

Is there anything else I could do to fix it?

Another bug:

I'm using CS Revolution which is CS 1.5 stuck on steam with all the menus and stuff (http://www.csrev.com/) and when I try to run E[POD] Bot with it when I start a game it crashes straight to the desktop. Not a biggy coz if i want to play with bots I can just play normal 1.5 (or the EE)

I've had exactly the same problem...can't play with bots... it crashes back to the desktop..
Please help.. what can i do for it to work (cs 1.6)

The Storm 12-05-2006 12:53

Be sure that you have the latest version of CS 1.6 from Steam and the latest version of EPB - 5.2

Memorex1a 27-05-2006 16:34

Hello at all!

I don't know is a bug, but when trying to start a game with the EPODBot 5.2 I'm always in spectator mode. The bots playing! I can't do anything. I play Counter-Strike 1.0.0.5 Retail with Metamod 1.19p28 and Adminmod 2.50.60.
Last but not least I found another bug. When I try to play EPODBot 5.2 without Metamod and Adminmod my pc crashs and reboot the whole system?

Whats wrong?0_o

Memorex1a

The Storm 27-05-2006 17:22

Hmm you shoud not have such problems. Try to load only EPB with metamod without AMX and AdminMod.

wtpsidnaay 27-05-2006 18:19

i just got epodbot and i duno how to use them liek i read i need to useEPBcfg.exe but i cant even find that unless thats the installer cuz thats all i have to epodbot =/ andddd epb_botmenu dont even work =/ !?

The Storm 27-05-2006 18:35

This is not a bug so you post in wrong place. You had just insalled it in wrong place I guess. Try to reinstall it in to the main \couter-strike\ dir.

wtpsidnaay 27-05-2006 22:23

hrm i thoought yu jsut install it and it works on its on to as were to put it ?!

The Storm 28-05-2006 10:41

Beh, put it in to the your primary Couter-Strike dir
For WON version of CS 1.5
C:\Sierra\Half-Life\
For the Steam version - CS 1.6
C:\Steam\SteamApps\your_acc_name\counter-strike\
The directories can be differend for you.

Memorex1a 28-05-2006 17:41

Thanks for the answer! :)

Without Adminmod and AMX, but with Metamod, the bot works fine. But I'm allways in spectator mode...no botmenu is aviable and I can't steering with mouse and keyboard. The Bot crashs if try to play without Metamod. Hmm..I try to find out the problem. Last but not least the bot is great, especially in aiming.:)

Memorex1a

The Storm 28-05-2006 18:15

Press the "p" or the "=" buttons to bring up the menu. Btw it works only on Listen Servers.

Memorex1a 28-05-2006 20:35

Yeah it works! But...(Why it crash if I try to play without Metamod:P) All the same thanks for the these tip.

Memorex1a:scooter:

The Storm 28-05-2006 20:56

No idea why it crash. :)

MarD 29-05-2006 03:30

Heyyo,

Hmm, I'll try some tinkering with Metamod and amx on cs1.5 if I can find my cs cd....

Anywho, Storm, I was testing epodbot dedicated server with metamod v1.19.0.0 and amx v0.9.9 and the bot loads, but the console commands don't. I tried epb_addbot many times, even with rcon, and nothing. No bots. So you should also check over that stuff too dude. The console commands work great when you create a server from within cs (aka listen server), but not dedicated.

The Storm 29-05-2006 12:11

Try this
"epb addbot" without the quotes. :)

makedonija77 30-05-2006 23:00

I also have the same problem.

I don't have AdminMod or AMX.

I have Metamod in the dlls folder in my Metamod dir in my csstrike dir.

I also have POD-Bot installed.

I put the Metamod line in the liblist file for the game dll.

I started CS 1.6, then I wanted to start a new game, but when I clicked start, the game crashed and I returned to my desktop.

Then I downloaded E Pod Bot as you said, and installed it, and I did the same routine again, and it crashed to the desktop.

I then added the E Pod Bot line in the liblist file for the game dll, but I earased the Metamod line.

I started CS 1.6, then I did the same routine for starting a new game, I clicked 'start' but the game went back to the CS menu, so I did the same thing again, the server started to load up, but crashed to the desktop.

I did this a second time to make sure, and the same things happened again.

Please help!

MarD 30-05-2006 23:31

Heyyo,

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_STORM
Try this
"epb addbot" without the quotes. :)

That works, so for listenservers it's epb_addbot, and dedicatedservers it's "epb addbot". I think we should try n' keep it to 1 standard to lower confusion dude. :P

makedonjia77, your counterstrike install might be corrupted. You'll have to reinstall it. Just right click on it in the steam games menu, and select "delete local content..." and then double click it again to reinstall it. Then, install E[POD]Bot. Usually it does this when the liblist.gam file's screwed, or it can't find files needed on load.

markus_heiden 01-06-2006 00:07

The dedicated server commands are like: epb "add_ct 1" (watch the quotes!). That there is no underscore, has technical reasons. Maybe we can change the listen server commands etc. to have no underscore? What do you think storm?

The Storm 01-06-2006 20:03

I think that we must register them as server cvars. :) This can take time so don't expect that soon guys. After June over I get in Summer Vacantion so I will take more time in that, until then you will use this way. :P

makedonija77 12-06-2006 21:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by MarD
Heyyo,

That works, so for listenservers it's epb_addbot, and dedicatedservers it's "epb addbot". I think we should try n' keep it to 1 standard to lower confusion dude. :P

makedonjia77, your counterstrike install might be corrupted. You'll have to reinstall it. Just right click on it in the steam games menu, and select "delete local content..." and then double click it again to reinstall it. Then, install E[POD]Bot. Usually it does this when the liblist.gam file's screwed, or it can't find files needed on load.

I did as you said. Deleted local content, uninstalled EPod Bot, reinstalled CS, and reinstalled EPod Bot. My pc crashed the first time I tried to open CS after those steps, which gave me a memory dump message on a blue screen, and the second time it gave me a OpenGL error, which said it failed to open the program in OpenGL mode and that it's going to open it in software mode but I cancalled that. The third time the screen went black and I just turned off my computer.

Help.

makedonija77 12-06-2006 22:05

OK this time CS started. The menu showed and everything. I wanted to start a game. When I clicked on the 'start' button, the game crashed back to the desktop.

The same problem as before.

Help!

I also deleted this PodBot folder under myapps and my email, and I deleted the addons folder which contained another PodBot folder and the Metamod folder which only has a dll file in it. I don't know what else to do. The game crashes when I try to start a game.

Oh and I remember installing EPod Bot to my CS dir folder but when I saw it, there is an EPod Bot folder in my csstrike folder in the CS dir.

I'll reinstall EPod Bot and try this again...

But in the mean time, what's causing this problem and how can I fix it so I can play against the bots by myself in my own server?

Thanks!

MarD 13-06-2006 07:17

Heyyo,

First thing's first. Make sure you're using metamod v1.19.0.0... E[POD]bot won't work with any version lower.

If try editing the liblist.gam... and setting the gamedll line to just this:

Code:

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"
That's the default. So it won't load metamod or amx mod or EPB. THen try booting into cs. If it does? then one of the plugins are indeed causing the problem, and look for an error log of the crash if the game actually made one for ya. It is probably either that, or your amx mod or metamod is not linking up right. Then try just activating metamod, then adding in the bots through metamod, and then finally adding in amx mod. Ya gotta backtrack on this one to find the source.

knightmike 27-06-2006 22:00

I changed the names and put 10 names in. When I start a LAN game with 8 players max, it uses some of the names I put in and the rest are "bot #" or "#unnamed" (which isn't even in the EPBnames.txt.) I have max bots set to 6 in the EPB.cfg if that means anything. Is this a bug or am I doing something wrong?

EPBnames.txt =

# This file contains all bot names which are used if you don't
# specify a name using "addbot".
# There must be at least 9 names in here and you're allowed a maximum
# of 20 chars for the name! Why? The "E[POD]" will be
# placed before the name and the skill may be appended...
# You can use 6 letters more if you turn off either SkillDisplay
# or ClanTags. If you turn off both you can use 32 letters for the
# name. Some characters, that normally are allowed for names in CS
# cannot be used here (e.g. "+") - The name will just stay unused.
#
# Line below contains 20+6+6 chars as a marker for you
#2345678901234567890+++++6+++++6
Michael
John
Melissa
Stephen
Jerry
Sheri
Jesika
Arnold
Christine