.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Half-Life and HL1 Mods (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   stop WON authentication (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=414)

sPlOrYgOn 19-01-2004 00:54

stop WON authentication

does anyone know how to stop the WON authentication because i'm trying to play with my brother over LAN but we only have 1 cdkey.
I've already tried using -nomaster and disconnecting the internet but disconnecting the internet would freeze the game because it can't authenticate with WON.

Pierre-Marie Baty 19-01-2004 02:13

Re: stop WON authentication

I assume you're talking about Steam authentication, not WON authentication (i.e, you're usin Steam and not the old version of HL)

You know this is considered piracy ? We don't support piracy here, so we won't tell you how to get a new CD key illegally. What we can tell you, though, is that with the current release of Steam you *NEED* to have an internet connection available to play, even on LAN. This sucks, but there's no other {legal} way to play on LAN with Steam.

sPlOrYgOn 19-01-2004 03:55

no...
i'm talking about WON i don't use steam that much.

Jeffrccar 19-01-2004 05:04

To stop WON authentication:

Who ever is hosting the server
type in: sv_lan 1
and this should make a lan game.

Fiber_Optic 19-01-2004 11:19

I never use this command. But I've just checked, and it still exists in cs 1.6.
So it seems to be legal... :D

Cephas 19-01-2004 18:21

I dont know why people are having problems with CD-keys. I use my single CD-key for my server, my computer, and my brothers at the same time and it works for steam and/or WON. I also used my CD-key at a LAN party a few weeks ago on 8 computers at the same time and we had zero problems with it.

I'm starting to think that as long as the cd-key comes from the same IP address, they dont care how many times its used, but thats just my theory though.

botmeister 19-01-2004 18:58

In liblist.gam also set

secure "0"

That will prevent the security module from being downloaded.

Running a server on a LAN without an internet connection is perfectly legitimate and allowed by design with CS 1.5. CS 1.6 is another matter, but Valve is supposed to be releasing a version soon (?) that will allow for LAN play.

Fiber_Optic 19-01-2004 20:15

since 3 months... it is supposed... just supposed...

sPlOrYgOn 19-01-2004 21:55

thanks sv_lan 1 worked
now i can play with my brother :)
it was because i had everything setup in a shortcut instead of using the menu so we can create a game faster.

Dis Guy Here 20-01-2004 16:03

well if you made a lan game in the first place wouldn't it already work? (since making a lan game automatically makes it sv_lan 1)