.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   FritzBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   gettin a "uknown CMD" message wen itype add bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5480)

atvracer87 07-07-2006 07:14

gettin a "uknown CMD" message wen itype add bot

wat can i do 2 get my bots 2 work i did everything it sayed SOME1 PLZ help me

Mase 07-07-2006 10:41

Re: gettin a "uknown CMD" message wen itype add bot

what do you tiped in?
do you start normal ET ot Fritzbot?
why not set in FritzBot menu the option "addbot" ??

the bindlestiff 07-07-2006 18:18

Your posting title reads "add bot." The correct console command is "/addbot" -- no space between the words.

atvracer87 08-07-2006 05:10

sry i didnt make myself clear i did type in /addbot.i c on other posts that inoptions it says mods but nowhere on the menues do i c a mods button

the bindlestiff 08-07-2006 05:43

When you start ET the first thing you see is the MAIN menu with a list of options. If you have correctly placed the Fritzbot folder in the Enemy Territory folder, MODS will show up near the bottom of the list just above EXIT.

Select MODS and then choose Fritzbot and it'll load. Then click START, choose a map to play, then click START SERVER. If it is a currently-supported map it should start up with a selection of bots to which you can add more with the /addbot command.

You can eliminate the MODS procedure by making a shortcut with the command line "Enemy Territory\ET.exe + set fs_game fritzbot" and it'll start you up in Fritzbot right away.

If this doesn't help, please give us some more detailed information about exactly what steps you have gone through and what happens. :big_grin:

atvracer87 08-07-2006 08:29

ok it didnt work lol,heres wat i did 1.extracted files 2 wolfenstien ET folder in program files under local disk c
2.ii stated up ET didnt c mods any where
3.did the target thing with shortcut click it it went on ET nothin
4.now this is where i am.

u think maybe put fritzbot in worng place well ty 4 helpin this far

420Blunt 08-07-2006 08:46

You need to unzip the fritzbot mod folder to where ET is installed. C:\Program files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory. Another thing is to make sure you have your game updated to version 2.60 you can get that from here

the bindlestiff 08-07-2006 09:12

2 Attachment(s)
It sure seems to me that something has gone wrong with the placement of the fritzbot folder. If you have ET installed in C:\Program files\Wolfenstein - Enemy Territory then that folder should include folders labeled "Docs, "etmain," "uninstall," and the executable "ET.exe," among others. The folder named "fritzbot" which you extract from "Fritz_ET_V.70.zip" should be located there as well. All the files within the fritzbot folder should stay in the fritzbot folder and should not go elsewhere.

Is that what you have? If so, there will be a MODS selection in the MAIN menu from which you can get Fritzbot running.

Attached is a photo of what it should look like. Also attached is what your MAIN menu should look like.

atvracer87 08-07-2006 22:34

YAY! all ineeded was the patch.i didnt realize it wasnt up 2 date THX all 4 ur help