.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   YaPB (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Counter-Strike Beta 5.2 and SDK bots (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2768)

sd3mon 07-10-2004 12:04

Counter-Strike Beta 5.2 and SDK bots

Hi.

I just downloaded HL 1.0.1.6 patch and CS Beta 5.2 again (from http://csrelic.edgegaming.com/files.shtml ), and was looking for bots when I stumbled upon your sdk bots.

When installing CS 5.2, it created it's main directory as cstrike52. I then renamed it as cstrike (I thought bots would have trouble with this) and installed POD Bot 2.5, then proceeded to install the SDK bots.

addbot wouldn't work, and when trying it on my other computer, I got a DLL error.

Is there any documentation or help you could give me for the correct instructions for installing this bot? I think my folders are stuffed, as their is csbot and the others in the main Half-Life directory, and the waypoints for POD Bot in the cstrike directory.

Thanks in advance.

FrostyCoolSlug 07-10-2004 20:40

Re: Counter-Strike Beta 5.2 and SDK bots

i dont think a PODBot for CS1.6 would work with Beta5 ;)

As far as i know, there WERE no bots back in the day of Beta5.2, no matter how nice it may have been

Pierre-Marie Baty 07-10-2004 21:21

I think, but I could be mistaken, that back in these days the HL engine didn't support bots yet. Bots were supported since the SDK 2.0, I don't recall what was the engine version number then.

sd3mon 08-10-2004 05:14

There were no bots back then, but on the yapb downloads page there is this:
Bots for old HL engine - Including HPB-Bot Template, POD-Bot 2.6, and BSDBot. Ported to HLSDK 1.0. Supports HL 1.0.1.3-1.0.1.6 and CS beta5/beta6

Pierre-Marie Baty 08-10-2004 06:55

huh ? o_O I'm waiting for Whistler on that one

Whistler 09-10-2004 11:10

yes the old HL DOES support bots, just take at look at the botman's HL bot number 8 :)
(a word from botman ? :))

just install the original POD-Bot 2.5 to the CS beta5's HL main folder and copy my version of podbot.dll file in that archive to the cstrike\podbot folder and it should be okay... also don't copy all the files to the main HL folder; that just won't work. you only need the podbot.dll file in that archive :)

xRenegade 16-01-2012 00:52

This thread is terribly old, but I've stumbled upon the same issue.

Whistler, could you please elaborate on the installation instructions? I have 5.2b and I installed pod bot 2.5 but I'm confused as to where I should be putting the files exactly. The Podbot download gave me an extra cstrike folder.

Whistler 16-01-2012 15:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by xRenegade (Post 64192)
This thread is terribly old, but I've stumbled upon the same issue.

Whistler, could you please elaborate on the installation instructions? I have 5.2b and I installed pod bot 2.5 but I'm confused as to where I should be putting the files exactly. The Podbot download gave me an extra cstrike folder.

install the original podbot 2.5 to the main HL directory (ie. where HL.exe is located)
and overwrite cstrike\PODBot\PODBot.dll file with the one from this archive.

xRenegade 16-01-2012 17:32

:chef:

Wasn't even expecting a reply, lol. You're still on here after all these years. That's dedication right there, sir.

Thanks a lot. I'll try it out again and let you know if it works.

edit: Ok, I followed the directions. I replaced podbot.dll with your version and left all the other files from that archive in the sierra folder. When I start HL and go into custom games, it gives me the option to run beta 5.2 or 1.1. I ran 5.2 and started up dust but addbot wouldn't work. Clicking on 1.1 didn't do anything. Any ideas?

I should also mention that inside of C:\SIERRA\Half-Life, I have a cstrikeb52, which is from the beta download, and cstrike, which contains PODbot, SAVE, and config.cfg. Should I just merge this folder with cstrike b52?

I really appreciate it.

Whistler 20-01-2012 17:41

looks like you downloaded some unofficial version - the official version of CS beta 5.2 should be in "cstrike" directory and not cstrikeb52 or whatever.

try merging the 2 directories. also make sure gamedll is set to "podbot\podbot.dll" in liblist.gam.