.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Grave Bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=56)
-   -   Waypointing (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3068)

hiyahin 13-12-2004 17:36

Re: Waypointing

Actually, have you tried playing with the bots using metamod instead of just changing liblist to target grave_bot.dll?

PS: It's nice to see people working really hard. CoCo with the waypoints, Ghoul with the bot. Couldn't really ask for anymore, eh? =)

Ghoul 13-12-2004 22:58

Yes, actually I haven't tested the old 'hooker'/liblist method for a few days now, the crash occurs in both.

hiyahin 14-12-2004 17:30

Actually, would it be the snuzis that are making the loop? Because it has two sets of ammo and might mess up things.

CoCoNUT 15-12-2004 11:50

1 Attachment(s)
Morning, a few more and some updated waypoints =):

Maps:
si_alley, si_daybreak, si_deep, si_highrise, si_laser, si_mercato, si_metropolis,
si_mill, si_mtg, si_replicant, si_retrovirus, si_urban

Note: Some more complicated paths are not waypointed yet.
Only flags: team, weapon, health, armor, door, crouch, ladder, jump

hiyahin 19-12-2004 22:22

So... any new news from our great bot creator?

BuMHeD 20-12-2004 06:34

Yeah... no pressure bro... but the Xmas holiday is fast approaching and I would REALLY love to get that metamod Grave Bot running on our server... :)

*~BuM~*

Ghoul 23-12-2004 00:15

Sorry, I've been busy.

Last week I did a ton of tests. Figured out the cause of the problem (kind of), but not a solution. It seems to occur when a bot switches weapons. My guess is it is something to do with what the bot is doing at the time it switches weapons. The number of bots doesn't seem to have an effect, other than more bots makes it more likely one will cause the problem. The same goes for the number of weapons, more weapons to switch to leads to more likely a problem.

I've tried everything I can think of, but nothing seems to be working. Soooo.. the next step is to just start trying random things. I'm going to try and disable weapon switching and certain situations to see if I can figure it out.

Good luck to me.

MrBozo 23-12-2004 18:12

In SI if you play with si_fastweapons 0 (which is the default setting), you can't switch weapon right away after firing. This is the case for the Shotgun, Colt and Rocket Pistol. For exemple in the Shotgun code you have:

Code:

BOOL CShotgun::CanHolster( void )
{
#ifdef CLIENT_DLL
  extern int m_FastWeaponsMode;
  if ( !m_FastWeaponsMode )
#else
  extern cvar_t si_fastweapons;
  if ( !si_fastweapons.value )
#endif
  {
        // can't put away right after shooting if si_fastweapons 0
        if ( m_flNextPrimaryAttack - 0.3 > UTIL_WeaponTimeBase() )
          return FALSE;
  }

return TRUE;
}

Maybe this is related to the crash, maybe not. Try playing with si_fastweapons 1 and see if you still get the crash.

And congrats on the bots :)

Rifleman 31-12-2004 12:29

Maybe *someone* should make some hldm waypoints ... I really enjoy the game with this bot , they rock !

BuMHeD 31-12-2004 23:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rifleman
Maybe *someone* should make some hldm waypoints ... I really enjoy the game with this bot , they rock !

If I'm not mistaken, there were some made already and packaged with the bot. I didn't check, but I do recall someone mentioning them, only because I requested that they add crossfire to the package because it's the only map our clan plays and is very popular worldwide. *shrug*... double check... or create some yourself ;)

*~BuM~*