.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Sandbot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   progress (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=10041)

tschumann 29-09-2019 14:14

Re: progress

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 67311)
I don't remember if I said your sandbot doesn't compatible with other bots.

Look at this screenshot. HPB_BOT, jk_botti, and Akimbot can join with Sandbot without any problems. At least only Parabot which caused my game couldn't be started. If only the Sandbot's bot_count problem had been solved, I can play Opposing Force with it instead of Parabot

Oh yeah I remember now.
I don't think there's an easy way to solve the bot quota problem and still have Sandbot work properly with other bots - it was a lot of work to get it to work properly the way it works now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboCop (Post 67312)
Also I do wonder if it is possible for SandBot to run with another bot like ShrikeBot and self-learn by coping and analysing how ShrikeBot interacts and on capping?

Reason I asked is I'm currently helping and testing RealBot that can self-learn and doesn't clash with POD Bot or even YaPB as RealBots need to "observe" and watch how either human players or POD Bots interact and maybe avoid having to figure out how to import ShrikeBot or SturmBot waypoints into SandBot, rather than wasting too many time and effort remaking the fresh waypoints for SandBot for DOD 1.3.

I mean let's face it we cannot waste our time on having more and more waypoints manually made as well that not many players play on DOD 1.3 or even Op4CTF a lot nowadays.

That's probably much longer term stuff - I'm not too familiar with machine learning techniques etc.
I am trying to get waypoint generation going - see https://github.com/tschumann/sandbot-wptgen (haven't had time to test it yet).
There is now bot code in the Half-Life SDK (the Counter-Strike bot code) but I haven't had a good look at how it works.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 67313)
I have an additional info for you. For some reason, when playing with 4 bots at the same time (including Sandbot too), it seems Sandbot's appearance has an unique effect for another bots.

Look at this screenshot. They are just regrouping for unknown reason without attacking each other at all. Furthermore, all bots who normally great in battle, now they are just roaming around carrying weapon without shooting at other players.

Yeah there are some odd cases where bots try and make unused player slots their enemy - I've fixed a bunch of those edge cases but I think they can still try and target spectators?

Persephone 01-10-2019 21:06

So, does it mean if I better to not combining Sandbot with other bots? Okay, I will accept it. However even with Sandbot alone, it seems they still need some improvements. I hope you can fix it in the next update

tschumann 05-10-2019 10:04

Yeah it's probably better not to - other bots get around this I think by kicking all bots at the end of a map or round then respawning them when a new maps loads. Sandbot assumes that it is the only bot running.

Probably a better way to handle it but it's something I'll come back to.

Persephone 10-12-2019 09:17

Any updates? It's been a long time. I'm afraid if this project has been canceled 😔

tschumann 13-12-2019 12:28

Still going - just haven't had enough time to do any serious work on it.

Persephone 03-04-2020 19:08

It has been a long time. Now it's a 2020, and still no updates? I'm still waiting for it, especially bot_count problem. :)

tschumann 04-04-2020 07:46

Yeah I know - other side projects taking up my time.
I think I'll have a bit more time now to finish up Opposing Force Capture Point mode and get a new release out.

Persephone 15-05-2020 19:08

Any updates? I'm still waiting :D

I hope we don't have to wait until the end of this year :(

tschumann 16-05-2020 06:44

Yes, I have done some more work on Opposing Force capture point - it is getting closer.

Roberto 18-05-2020 18:12

I am also waiting to be able to play Capture Point properly in OF with your bots :) There are no good bots for that yet.