.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   The Agora (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Parliament on top ? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1658)

Pierre-Marie Baty 14-05-2004 02:50

Parliament on top ?

I'm wondering.

We've not been trying very hard - okay, but there's not THAT much activity in the Parliament. What I notice is that people prefer posting in the bot forums, and EVEN if they have funny things to say or if they want to go offtopic, these things still happen a lot... in the bot forums.

From the start I'm saying it, I think the fact that the Parliament (this section regrouping the Agora, FPS Gamers and Offtopic forums) is one of the last sections of the forums, meaning that people need to scroll down the page a lot if they want to see what's happening there, is one of the things that leads to this absence of frequentation.

If the Parliament was the first section (with the bot sections just below it), people would see at first sight the new threads and the new activity in there. Even if they came here not specifically with the will to post something in the offtopic section, they can't help SEEING the new posts. Then eventually one topic or the other catches their attention and they post their reaction in reply. That's usually the way it happens.

That's why I propose to move the Parliament at the top of the page. There are pros and cons to this theory, and I'm not 100% sure of thinking right, so whatever: I'll side where the majority is. Provided there are sufficient arguments, of course :)

Express yourself...

sPlOrYgOn 14-05-2004 03:11

Re: Parliament on top ?

Yea I agree with PMB...
Lots of off topic posts going on in the bot forums...
Probably because...
1. they either never leave that forum...
2. they to lazy to scroll down...
3. they say "What!?!? Theres more to this forum?"
4. they just don't like posting outside of their "boundary"

moving it to the top might help people catching interest in some of the threads. (as above by pmb)
It'll help getting more people to vote on things that affect the entire forum.
help people see that there is a forum especially for off topic threads..

well thats all i can think of for now..

botmeister 14-05-2004 08:01

If my memory serves, we had once before agreed to move it to the top.

One worry is that we'll start getting bot related posts in here. :)

@$3.1415rin 14-05-2004 13:48

well, lets just try that and see if many bot related posts appear there ... if you we can still talk about moving it back down ...

stefanhendriks 14-05-2004 14:29

yes, like botmeister said. I also recall vaguely this already was decided and it should be moved to the top. Anyhow, i agree with your proposal pmb (again? :D )...

TruB 14-05-2004 14:49

i wonder where cs or dod general forum is.. i guess that is all in FPS forum

Pierre-Marie Baty 14-05-2004 15:55

That was already decided ? My memory must be failing. Why did no one react earlier ???:( collective amnesia ? :P

Majority has been met however, vote is validated - and this time, I won't miss it :D

>BKA< T Wrecks 14-05-2004 19:49

Well... to be honest, if anyone had proposed this idea to me, I wouldn't have been so excited about it. But it's good. You know why?
When I came to the forum a minute ago, I thought: "Yikes! Who put the poor forum upside down?!?!" Then I saw this thread and said to myself: "Those bastards sure change things fast", but then I saw that this thread had been up for like 13 hours before the Parliament was moved.
I would have seen that if the Parliament had been on top, I guess. At the very least, I would have been more likely to see it.
That's why this idea convinces me after all... let's hope it works. :)