.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   General Bot Coding (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   vc++ problem.. (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1918)

mid_gen 09-06-2004 15:20

vc++ problem..

I'm trying to compile metamod (I just needed a little change in it cos the metamod game details for ag are incorrect)...

anyway, I can't open the msvc workspace. I've tried vc++6 and .NET, it simply does nothing. I can view the .dsp and it's not corrupted or anything. I try to load it and, nope, not a bean, just vc++ with no workspace.

It's quite annoying, anyone know why this is happening? (vc++/.net are both working fine, tried and tested).

sPlOrYgOn 09-06-2004 15:53

Re: vc++ problem..

maybe the workspace isn't pointing at the dsp..

mid_gen 09-06-2004 15:55

It is, I checked, but still not joy. Anyway, I made a new workspace, win32 dll blah blah...but I get a bunch of errors thrown

Code:

C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(809) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)' to 'struct sequenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
                This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast or function-style cast
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(809) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)' to 'struct sequenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
                This conversion requires a reinterpret_cast, a C-style cast or function-style cast
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(814) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)' to 'struct sentenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(814) : error C2440: '=' : cannot convert from 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)' to 'struct sentenceEntry_ *(__cdecl *)(const char *,int,int *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1056) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
                None of the functions with this name in scope match the target type
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1057) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1058) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1059) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1060) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1061) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1062) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1063) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1064) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1065) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'
C:\Dev\metamod\metamod-1.17.1\metamod\engine_api.cpp(1066) : error C2440: 'initializing' : cannot convert from '' to 'void *(__cdecl *)(const char *,const char *)'

Excuse the spam...I've tried a different engine_api.cpp/.h that I found posted elsewhere on these boards but it just threw up a load more errors :(

Cpl. Shrike 09-06-2004 16:02

Maybee try this:

From button bar slect "File" select "New" .
Select "workspace" tab "specify a name (anyname)

Now right click the empty workspace.
Select "Insert project into workspace"
Now select the project file.

Hope this gives the files in your workspace/project

mid_gen 09-06-2004 16:04

Ok I think I've got the problem, I need the metamod changes from Alfred Reynolds...

How do I apply the changes listed in .gz ?

Pierre-Marie Baty 09-06-2004 16:53

Grab the Bots United SDK instead of the official one ;) they include all the patches you need

mid_gen 09-06-2004 17:06

Ah cheers, got that now....still throwing the compilation errors, over 100 now, same conversion problems...

sparky99 24-08-2012 10:47

Lolz, I did the same thing... Im using VS2008 express ##Dont## use Patched HL SDK directories to build your metamod mod. Use the SDK files that came with the metamod-p Zip, they are different, as mentioned in the doc's.

So set your additional include directories to the metamod-p sdk.

C:\PROJECTS\metamod\metamod;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\common;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\pm_shared;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\engine;
C:\PROJECTS\metamod\hlsdk\dlls

Having said that I have other metamod mods not complaining about the HLSDK p3 files being included.....