.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   FritzBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   help! (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=7155)

Sundance 15-06-2009 14:00

help!

i recently found Fritzbot (it's great) and want some help!

when i try using the SE maps; mountain assault, mitchell down et al and foo fighter, i get an error message 'ingame.txt not found'. can anyone help?

also, how do you get the bots to balance? some times (particularly Normandy Breakout) the teams are really uneven...

thanks, and thanks for the great work. :clap:

TomTom 15-06-2009 22:26

Re: help!

SE maps? Oh you mean for RTCW. Sorry but I stick to ET. Crapshoot may know. You can reach him by pm or over in the Omnibot forums.

As to balance you could try varying the teams by changing which bots and how many are added. You can do this manually (/kick allbots, /addbot) or with a bot config file.
BTW the RTCW FritzBot wiki is here (username:wiki, password:nospam)

CrapShoot 16-06-2009 00:12

ingame.txt is located in mp_pak1.pk3 and mp_pak5.pk3 in the Main directory. They are part of the rtcw game installation / update. make sure you have a valid rtcw install and upgrade to version 1.4

g_teamForceBalance 1 should keep the teams balanced when more than one human joins.

Sundance 16-06-2009 13:50

i have a valid install and am patched.

CrapShoot 16-06-2009 18:50

I can't help then, sorry. No idea how it could be happening if the file exists. Maybe google will have answers as it seems to be game related and not mod related.

btw, your avatar is frightening

Sundance 16-06-2009 21:54

okay, thanks.

the av's one from the forum gallery...

Sundance 20-06-2009 16:12

okay, so now i have a new problem. i downloaded some new maps to try and ever since, each time i try to start a map it crashes to the console and starts playing the game just with the console!

i've deleted and reinstalled fritz twice, and it's still doing it. i even deleted all the extra maps except breakout and market garden (both of which worked before)...

help, help!

CrapShoot 20-06-2009 19:17

that can happen if you have too many maps in the Main directory. i'd suggest going through it and moving a bunch of unused maps to a backup folder (or deleting them)

Sundance 20-06-2009 19:22

well, i've only got the bog-standard maps (inc GOTY maps) plus Market Garden, Breakout and Carentan. so, I've got LESS than the other day when i had MG, Breakout, Bresica, Power Dam, Eye of Horus and some others and it was all working!

nedd3h 21-06-2009 14:19

Try re-installing.

• If you have the actual GOTY edition version of RtCW then patch the game as follows:

-install patch v1.33 - v1.40 - link -
-install patch v1.40 - v1.41 - link -
-install patch v1.41 - v1.41b - link -

• If you have the NON-GOTY version of RtCW:

-install official GOTY map-pack (v1.33) - link -
-install patch v1.40 - link -
-install patch v1.40 - v1.41 - link -
-install patch v1.41 - v1.41b - link -

• Here is the RtCW Fritz Bot mod v0.54b (plus Media Pack and mp_assault fix) - link - 13.5MB
Install.

• Install the custom maps you want to play.
(one thing to note, just because in the menu it gives you custom maps to play, you still MUST install these manually)

For control of the BOTs, this is what I find the best. I'll assume you know how to roughly set up a server and understand server and client .cfg files. I'll also assume you have read the fritzbot readme files and understand that if you're playing this mod from your ingame menu that you are both server and client.

• go to your server's fritzbot\configs folder
-open *map*_bots.cfg files with NotePad
-edit to your liking, eg. I have mine only have one engie per side and control numbers with keybinds, see below

• Add the following to your server config:

Code:

// RTCW FRITZBOT SERVER CVARS
seta bot_enable "1"
seta bot_skill "2"
seta bot_aimskill "1"
seta mal_motd "nedd is hot"

-edit to your liking
bot_skill - a value between 1 and 3 (1 = EASY, 3 = HARD)
bot_aimskill - 1-4, 4 = nightmare
mal_motd - onscreen message when joining server

• Add the following to your client config:

Code:

// FRITZBOT CONTROL
rconpassword "your_rcon_password"
bind a "rcon addbot"
bind b "rcon kick allbots"
bind c "rcon bot_pause 1"
bind d "rcon bot_pause 0"

-add your rcon password in the your_rcon_password section (keep "")
-change a,b,c,d to what ever you like

The above setup is quite effective.

Let us know how you go.