.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Common Questions (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   pb menu doesn't work (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5669)

StevnJ9971 31-08-2006 10:08

pb menu doesn't work

Okay...My pb menu doesn't work.. Everything's fine in the podbot.cfg file. The bind is "bind "=" "pb menu"" I can't figure out what's wrong. Does anyone know what's wrong?

KWo 31-08-2006 10:20

Re: pb menu doesn't work

Quote:

Originally Posted by StevnJ9971
Okay...My pb menu doesn't work.. Everything's fine in the podbot.cfg file. The bind is "bind "=" "pb menu"" I can't figure out what's wrong. Does anyone know what's wrong?

Are You using V3 version of podbot mm (I need to know really the number, th einfo as "yeah, I have the latest version" is saying me really nothing). The problem You have on dedicated server (and You cannot invoke the menu from the client's PC) or You have a listenserver (You are crteating the game and You are playing on the same PC)?
Hint - if You are using V3 - read podbot.cfg coming with V3 - there is a lot of info - also about passwords and access.

StevnJ9971 31-08-2006 17:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 51389)
Are You using V3 version of podbot mm (I need to know really the number, th einfo as "yeah, I have the latest version" is saying me really nothing). The problem You have on dedicated server (and You cannot invoke the menu from the client's PC) or You have a listenserver (You are crteating the game and You are playing on the same PC)?
Hint - if You are using V3 - read podbot.cfg coming with V3 - there is a lot of info - also about passwords and access.

I do have version 3 of podbot mm. I do have a dedicated server but I'm still not sure about what to do. You're post wasn't really clear on posting instructions.

KWo 01-09-2006 09:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by podbot.cfg
# passwordkey - need set as setinfo to get access to main podbot menu
# usage (in below example ou may need to write Your-own passwordkey instead
# _pbadminpw - if You changed the default setting for it):
# setinfo _pbadminpw "your_password"
pb_passwordkey "_pbadminpw"

# Set the password to have access to podbot menu on DS by 'pb menu'
# console command
pb_password "your_password"

That bolded line (without #) should be written in Your client's autoexec.cfg file placed in ...\cstrike directory. "your_password" is the string You should have the same in Your podbot.cfg (as pb_password) at Your dedicated server and in Your clients' PC autoexec.cfg.

StevnJ9971 01-09-2006 19:25

Okay, but I don't have to put in a password or anything when I get into the server, right?

Ancient 01-09-2006 19:35

You don't have to but if you are going to add or remove bots, you will have to instert your password.
I would also recomend changing the password to atleast 7 chars, to help keep up security.

StevnJ9971 01-09-2006 19:55

So how exactly would it have to look in the console with the bind? Or where would I put the password in in the server?

KWo 02-09-2006 15:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 51405)
That bolded line (without #) should be written in Your client's autoexec.cfg file placed in ...\cstrike directory. "your_password" is the string You should have the same in Your podbot.cfg (as pb_password) at Your dedicated server and in Your clients' PC autoexec.cfg.

As above - on the server - the password must be in podbot.cfg file in Your ...\cstrike\addons\podbot\podbot.cfg file as the line:
pb_password "your_password"
On the client PC - if You are connecting from other PC to Your server - You need to type manually nowhere the password if You write this line:
setinfo _pbadminpw "your_password"
in Your autoexec.cfg file on Your client's PC in ...\cstrike folder.
And the bind should be - in this case - also placed in Your autoexec.cfg (on Your client's PC):
bind "=" "pb menu"

StevnJ9971 05-09-2006 04:59

I've done all this, and it still hasn't worked. I can't get the pb menu to come up when I press = . I couldn't find an autoexec.cfg in my cstrike folder, so I just made one with a regular text file. Is that what should've been done? What does your autoexec.cfg look like?

KWo 05-09-2006 10:07

Yeah - it must be a text file. The mine just look so:

Code:

console "1"
exec graphic.cfg
exec blood.cfg

setinfo "_amx_pw" "my_amx_password"

setinfo "_pbadminpw"  "my_pb_mm_password"
bind "=" "pb menu"

setinfo "_yapb_pw"  "my_yapb_password"

exec buy.cfg

These bolded lines are related to podbot mm. As You can see from autoexec.cfg You can call other *.cfg files (if needed).
Make sure Your autoexec.cfg file isn't autoexec.cfg.txt (windows by default hides extensions for most known files types - You can unhide them in Windows Explorer's settings - Tools -> Folder Options -> View).

StevnJ9971 06-09-2006 07:11

It's okay, I'm good to go. I downloaded the plugin for the ultimate pbot menu and it binds just fine now. Thanks for all your help though! :thumbsup:

KWo 06-09-2006 09:48

Write in Your console:
meta list
and show me the contents of it...

Gumman 27-11-2006 15:55

In my podbot.cfg it's like this:
Quote:

# usage (in below example You may need to write Your-own passwordkey instead

# console command typed in client's admin PC or called from the binded key.
# Example of bind on Your client PC:
# bind "=" "pb menu"
pb_password (here is the password I use)
And this is autoexec.cfg:
Quote:

exec buys.cfg
setinfo "_pbadminpw" (here is the password I use)
bind "=" "pb menu"
And now I start the server, and take rcon pb_password (the password I use) and then rcon pb menu and it don't working. What did I wrong?

KWo 27-11-2006 16:41

That austoexec.cfg must be in Your client's PC in the main cstrike folder. You need to invoke the menu from the client's PC. Are You sure You are using V3Bxx version of pb mm?

Gumman 27-11-2006 21:07

I have autoexec.cfg in the cstrike folder. And yes, I'm using the latest verison of pb mm. But is this right?
Quote:

KWo 27-11-2006 22:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumman
I have autoexec.cfg in the cstrike folder

But on which PC? On Your dedicated server or on Your client PC You want to connect that server from?

Quote:

But is this right?

If that line is in Your podbot.cfg on Your dedicated server - it's OK.

Gumman 29-11-2006 17:17

I have autoexec.cfg on my dedicated server. I run hlds from the PC I play on and I'm using rcon and admin on amx.

KWo 29-11-2006 20:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumman (Post 53072)
I have autoexec.cfg on my dedicated server. I run hlds from the PC I play on and I'm using rcon and admin on amx.

You have to have that file in client's ...\counter-strike\cstrike folder. It has to be always in ...\counter-strike\cstrike folder (regardless if Your hlds is created on the same PC or on another one. Just move it from ...\dedicated server\cstrike folder to ...\counter-strike\cstrike. Then it should work for You.

Gumman 01-12-2006 16:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 53074)
You have to have that file in client's ...\counter-strike\cstrike folder. It has to be always in ...\counter-strike\cstrike folder (regardless if Your hlds is created on the same PC or on another one. Just move it from ...\dedicated server\cstrike folder to ...\counter-strike\cstrike. Then it should work for You.

I have done that already. But when I write pb_password (password) in console in game nothing happens and then I write pb menu in console and a msg come something like this: "pb menu" is not a valiable commando. Type pb help to see more info.

What's have I done wrong?

KWo 01-12-2006 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gumman (Post 53102)
But when I write pb_password (password) in console

Did You try to use pb_password (with Your password as a string) in podbot.cfg on the server?

Gumman 02-12-2006 10:55

Quote:

Quote:

# bind "=" "pb menu"
pb_password asdf
This is my podbot.cfg file.

Quote:

exec buys.cfg
setinfo _pbadminpw "asdf"
bind "=" "pb menu"
And that's is my autoexec.cfg.

That two configs are in the right place. HLDS is in Counter-Strike/.
podbot.cfg is in counter-strike/cstrike/addons/podbot.cfg
and autoexec.cfg is in counter-strike/cstrike. All on the same computer and folder.

And I can't see what I have done wrong. Cause when I join the game and write rcon pb menu the same msg come. And if I just write pb_password in gameconsole the msg come something like this: "pb_password is set to "asdf"

KWo 02-12-2006 21:46

Quote:

That two configs are in the right place. HLDS is in Counter-Strike/.

It looks odd, since all normal configuration for Steam CS1.6 they have installed hlds in "...\SteamApps\your@email.com\dedicated server" folder. The client is normally installed in "...\SteamApps\your@email.com\counter-strike" folder.

Quote:

podbot.cfg is in counter-strike/cstrike/addons/podbot.cfg

I believe You wanted to say You have that file in counter-strike/cstrike/addons/podbot folder. As I said before - hlds should be installed in ...\SteamApps\your@email.com\dedicated server, so Your podbot folder with metamod and other stuffs should be installed in ...\SteamApps\your@email.com\dedicated server\cstrike\addons folder.
But if You are using non-steam version of CS1.6 it may not work for You. Non-steam is not supported.

Gumman 03-12-2006 00:28

Quote:

But if You are using non-steam version of CS1.6 it may not work for You. Non-steam is not supported.
Damn, I take that same for non-steam 1.5, right? But thanks for the help anyway.

KWo 03-12-2006 09:53

Old CS1.5 is supported - it doesn't need steam to work. It should work. I meant non-steam CS1.6 is not supported. In this case HLDS and HL they are in the same directory - so it seems You have everything correctly installed. The only thing I could notice in Your settings is - try to use quotes in all settings for "_pbadminpw" and
pb_password "asdf". Also in setinfo (I mean:
setinfo "_pbadminpw" "asdf"
Also make sure in Your cstrike/config.cfg that bind
bind "=" "pb menu"
comes correctly there from podbot.cfg.
Another thing - "pb menu" is a client console command, so You don't have to call it as a rcon command (rcon pb menu is not valid). You need to use just:
pb menu
(without underscore line - there is just one space).

I have no more ideas what You might have wrong there. It should work.

KinjoX 29-12-2006 05:33

My pbmenu isn't working either and i have read this thread and done everything you have said, and i still can't get it to run? The commands won't work either, but i do have bots???

KWo 29-12-2006 23:18

This topic contains all info You need to get it working. If You are telling You did everything right, I cannot help You. Maybe instead telling "I did everyhing right" just describe with more details - step by steps - what and how You did. Maybe You just misspelled something and I'll be able to see something if You can copy and paste the contents of files the topic is about. Also You need to describe the place of files You have and kind of the server You are using (dedicated server or listenserver).

Michel 02-03-2007 00:01

Hey,

I dont have autoexec.cfg in my cstrike directory. What can i do to get the menu working?

Thanks,
Michel

KWo 02-03-2007 00:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Michel (Post 54342)
I dont have autoexec.cfg in my cstrike directory. What can i do to get the menu working?

Just create it (with any text editor - like notepad) and put there the line mentioned few times in this topic...
Do I really need to answer to such questions?:guns:

soxnation85xx 05-03-2007 20:12

Sorry we all don't know that if it doesn't exist that we must make it exist.

soxnation85xx 05-03-2007 20:44

I am unable to get the pb menu to work. It says invalid command when I type it in console (just as "pb menu") and nothing when I hit the binded key

NFO
PodBot All-In-One 2.8
Dedicated Server
AMXmodX
Metamod

podbot.cfg

pb_password "password1"

autoexec.cfg (in its entirety)
exec buys.cfg
setinfo _pbadminpw "password1"
bind "=" "pb menu"

KWo 05-03-2007 23:26

Where is that autoexec.cfg file? It should be on the client's PC where You are trying to connect from to Your DS.

soxnation85xx 06-03-2007 02:40

i have it in the cstrike folder

KWo 06-03-2007 09:51

But which PC? Your dedicated server or Your client PC You are joining Your DS from?

soxnation85xx 06-03-2007 15:14

I had it on the client PC. For some reason I tried again this morning and it worked.

KWo 06-03-2007 15:29

Maybe it's not clearly written - but after You setup Your podbot.cfg with pb_password You need to restart Your DS (otheriwse the setting is ignored) - podbot.cfg is loaded once - at the server start.

soxnation85xx 06-03-2007 21:39

if i make a waypoint for GenericMapVer1 and then modify the map (none of the structural stuff like buildings and floors are moved) and then name the map GenericMapVer2, can I rename the waypoints or will that not work?

KWo 06-03-2007 23:53

When You only rename the pwf - it will not work, but if You use some hexeditor to rename the header of pwf (which also contains the name of the map) - it will work. :)

need-help 10-03-2007 21:40

ive the same problem!

infos:
Dedicated Server
Podbot MM V3 B18
podbot.cfg in hlds/cstrike/addons/podbot
Code:

# bind "=" "pb menu"
pb_password "my_pw"

exec.cfg in C:/Steam/...../cstrike (exec exec.cfg in config.cfg! so exec.cfg is loaded on start)
Code:

// PodBot Menu
setinfo _pbadminpw "my_pw"
bind "o" "pb menu"

still dont work

in hlsw too

rcon_password "rcon_pw"
rcon pb_password "my_pw"
rcon pb menu
menu is not available commando. Type pb help to see more info.

KWo 11-03-2007 12:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by need-help (Post 54463)
exec.cfg in C:/Steam/...../cstrike (exec exec.cfg in config.cfg! so exec.cfg is loaded on start)
Code:

// PodBot Menu
setinfo _pbadminpw "my_pw"
bind "o" "pb menu"

still dont work

in hlsw too

rcon_password "rcon_pw"
rcon pb_password "my_pw"
rcon pb menu
menu is not available commando. Type pb help to see more info.

Are You sure Your exec.cfg is placed on Your client's PC (not on the dedicated server)? Can You try this:
Put this line
setinfo "_pbadminpw" "my_pw"
in autoexec.cfg (config.cfg is executed a bit later - that might be a problem) on client's PC (and use quotes for "_pbadminpw")
Add the same line at the end of Your config.cfg

need-help 18-05-2007 01:30

:bored:
is my text so hard to understand???

Quote:

exec.cfg in C:/Steam/...../cstrike
on my server there isnt C:/ OK??

i wrote extra for you C:/Steam in front of cstrike directory, so u can see its on MY PC!!!!!

and i hoped i dont get this stupid answer "is this really on your pc? check it!"

i had put this f"$% line in every cfg i know from, on the server and on my pc and still

00:31:13 pb menu
00:31:13 "menu" is not a Podbot command. Type "pb help" for a list of commands

WTF???

f"$!(ing botcode.... why not only a users.ini like in amxx.. no, we need 50 times the password on the server and on the clients pc...

can u help or only say to check the pw in the cfg´s??

im not stupid! :censored: