.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   GrogBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   1.1 and 2.0 Progress (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2667)

Akz 22-10-2004 23:35

Re: 1.1 and 2.0 Progress

There haven't been much progress on GrogBot lately, because I've been busy with other projects. Can't give any release dates at the moment.

raaste 14-12-2004 00:03

Other projects, indeed. 9_9

stefanhendriks 22-12-2004 23:07

other projects, like what? ;)

Akz 22-12-2004 23:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by raaste
Other projects, indeed. 9_9

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
other projects, like what? ;)

Hey, you're making fun out of me, huh? :|
No, seriously, GrogBot was sort of frozen for months, had no motivation to continue. Mostly because I'm fed up with this old 1.x code (it's crap).
But now, I started working on 1.1 again and I can promise a release in january. After it's finished, I can start working hard on 2.0 (no more 1.x bullshit).

Some important information regarding GrogBot 2.0 tomorrow.

Pierre-Marie Baty 23-12-2004 04:21

w00t man, I missed their parrot attack from some time now :D
Will there be a parrot in PVK 2 ?

stefanhendriks 23-12-2004 10:59

rofl. I just thought of other projects... erm, well it was probably me, being tired, having odd thoughts ahum...
:D

anyway, w00t. Just start over and rewrite from scratch, is done quicker anyway then bugfixing old code imo...

Akz 23-12-2004 12:49

Some GrogBot 2.0 info

• GBot 2.0 will most probably be a HL2 bot. Let's just hope that the server plugin interface will get a richer entity handling API soon.
  • It will be a multi-mod bot (PVK2, HL2DM...)
  • It may even become engine-independent, that would mean it could support a few HL1 mods too, for example. This is very questionable though.
  • I'm trying to make it much more realistic in movement and aiming than the old GrogBot was. The A* pathfinder allows some tactical pathfinding to be done. (The safest route for example)
This project will surely eat a lot of time and as I'm in the PVK2 team... Well, just don't expect any 2.0 releases soon. ;)

And yes, there surely will be a parrot in PVK2. 8D

Pierre-Marie Baty 23-12-2004 15:51

Yarrrrrrrrrrr! 8D

raaste 23-12-2004 21:04

Good luck with the grogbot2 (or what it is called?)! I hope you still have some time for other stuff. :) (plz don't get this wrong)

XenonFORT 02-03-2014 18:03

Hi there :).

I would humbly ask, for the 10th year anniversary of this awesome bot, how's going the development of the Grogbot 2.0?

More precisely the version for PVK2, which I'm still waiting to test :cyclops:. I suppose that there has been a lot of things to do back then, but seeing that back in 2008 there was some bots that did something in the map, I can't believe that all I managed to do back then and even now, is spawn some dummies present on the Source Engine.

So I humbly request, at least an info update about these bots, or those old beta files for them as I would really enjoy practicing with them or in co-op with other players.

I understand that some server hosters would try to add them to fake their numbers, but there are some clever things to combat that fake number (as forcing the number of bots on the server player number, not showing them on the player number at all, or forcing the [Bot] tag, etc).

Said all that, thanks for your time, and good luck in the future of PVK2!

Have fun, and see you in the game :punk: