.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   FritzBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   Thanks Mal! (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=2686)

CARMACK 22-09-2004 10:39

Thanks Mal!

Thank you Mal for your hard work! Now the waiting is over!!! Will definitely download it now and enjoy!

CARMACK 22-09-2004 11:03

Re: Thanks Mal!

Mal, there are 3 maps (Base, Trenchtoast and destruction) supported in this version, huh?

Maleficus 22-09-2004 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARMACK
Mal, there are 3 maps (Base, Trenchtoast and destruction) supported in this version, huh?

Yes!

The best way to start a game is to hit the "FritzBot" button at the main screen, then the "Play FritzBot" button at the top. There you can create a server, and the game will automatically figure out what maps Fritz can support, and show them to you. :)

Smokin' 22-09-2004 11:14

Hi...
I followed the installation instructions to the letter, yet when I actually start a game, no bots!

I start the game as normal, then options,then fritzbot.
I then get the option to set up my server, I leave it as normal, (no changes to server) join the game and all I get in the console is the following.."execing configs/mp_base_bots_cfg" then "can't add bot - bot not enabled" and finally "check the value of bot_enable"

I then get the server disconnected icon flashing in the bottom right hand corner of the screen?...

I have tried to add bots by typing "exec_bots" in the console to no avail..

This happens on all three maps.

What am I doing wrong?...

Regards, Smokin'.....

CARMACK 22-09-2004 11:27

At first I have the same error. Then I edit the Wolfconfig_mp.cfg in the fritzbot folder, add one line there - seta bot_enable "1" - then it works fine.

Mal, I think this mod only support CP mode, is it?

I love this version. Now the bot can even throw grenade to me! I am a little scared:-)))

Smokin' 22-09-2004 11:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by CARMACK
At first I have the same error. Then I edit the Wolfconfig_mp.cfg in the fritzbot folder, add one line there - seta bot_enable "1" - then it works fine.

Mal, I think this mod only support CP mode, is it?

I love this version. Now the bot can even throw grenade to me! I am a little scared:-)))

Thanks Carmack, it worked a treat... greatly appreciate your reply.

Looking good Mal.. already had my ass whooped more than once.. :D

Regards, Smokin'.....

Maleficus 22-09-2004 11:40

LOL!! Thanks Carmack - you replied faster than I did!!

Yea, I didn't think about that, I always have bot_enable set to 1 by default.

Yea, its only for CP for now......

Cheers!

The Ghost 23-09-2004 03:34

Great Work Mal, I'm having a great time with this version. It's a bit odd getting killed by the bot version of myself.:P:D

Maleficus 23-09-2004 04:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Ghost
Great Work Mal, I'm having a great time with this version. It's a bit odd getting killed by the bot version of myself.:P:D

Thanks!

Thanks for helping out with the UI too - I really like it. :)

BTW everyone: if you submitted a bot profile, you will be able to fight your digital self too. Just check the readme for the filenames, and add your specific bot!

See if you can beat your digital self on skill 3. :)

FrukwaN 23-09-2004 22:32

first of all - respect, Mal, nice work 8)
And now, time for my suggestion: bots r from time to time being stuck, so maybe it would be good to implant some feature like using selfkill in case in question, or something like that... (I've not invented it - it's included in "Wolfbot") Don't think I'm criticizing, it's just an idea what could be better on this nice piece of work ;)
gl in further development...

//sorry for my horrible english :|