.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Half-Life and HL1 Mods (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=22)
-   -   any challenging bots? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4275)

shadee 30-07-2005 08:04

any challenging bots?

is there any bots that are challenging? that can accually kill u plant and defuse?

ive tried zbot and ivp bot and currently on podbot_mm i set all the bot skills to godlike and its still not at all challenging they plant.. sometimes and never ever defuse they never aim at u i can run at them with a knife for 10-15 seconds before thye accually start shooting.. always aiming at the ground zbots are annoying with that analyzing thing and worse den podbot_mm ivp accually plants and defuses but cant kill for ish does anyone have any suggestions on other bots? or a config for podbot_mm to make em harder?

andrewcaus 30-07-2005 10:25

Re: any challenging bots?

That's weird. Those bots shouldn't do that.

Have you got a crap computer? If you run bots on crap computers they don't perform very well.

Try PodBot 2.5

MarD 30-07-2005 22:22

Heyyo,

10-15 seconds?? the bots must really hate your comp man, lol.. mine always shoot 1-2ms after they spot me.

Now, after trying these other bots, did you properly uninstall them before attempting another?

The Storm 31-07-2005 00:00

Hehe MarD it is not needed to fully uninstall the old bots because only modifing of liblist.gam is enough. :) Btw if the bots are to poor for you the you can try to play alone vs 15 or more bots. :D But if you comp is crappy I'm 100% sure that it will crash after adding the 7 bot. :P

shadee 31-07-2005 00:28

comp is not crappy pretty good accually is there anything messed up on the config or maybe the waypointing? i just recently fixed my new comp like 3 days ago and they were more challanging on my bad comp because i cud hardly shoot.. btw these are ALL on godlike and its not always 10-15 seconds to start shooitng at me just mostly sometimes if im lucky right wen i pop out ill die but thats juss sometimes

Pierre-Marie Baty 31-07-2005 01:04

Disable all your other plugins, I bet you've got some and I bet that's where the trouble comes from.

shadee 31-07-2005 01:16

i dled the easy install podbot_mm pack which gives u metamod statsme and amx mod which i disabled both because they got annoying

Pierre-Marie Baty 31-07-2005 01:39

Which version of Counter-Strike are you playing ?

What is your frame rate ?

Also check in the bot config file if peace mode is enabled.

shadee 31-07-2005 01:40

peacemode? i dont see one

shadee 31-07-2005 02:44

also is there any way to kill all the bots on just 1 team?
i think on the 1.5 bots it had this not sure tho

oh and these bots dont know how 2 break vents :X all it does is sit there till i break it for them

MarD 31-07-2005 07:09

Heyyo,

Huh? can't break vents?? err... that's hella odd cause I've never seen a PODbot have a hard time breaking anything.. usually the opposite where they try n' break things that aren't breakable.

Now, can you post what your liblist.gam file says in the forums for us please? also for your metamod your plugins.ini file. Since you know how to edit your plugins.ini file you already know you open it with notepad, so yeah, let's see what's going on there. ;)

shadee 31-07-2005 09:58

k let me explain again
1. bots aim on floor and only SOMETIMES kill me mostly i can run at them with my knife and they will just run around staring at the ground
2. doesnt shoot at me EVER if im on something for example rafters on de_nuke and trains on de_train
3. if the vents arent broken they will just sit there till i break it i can even stare at them and they wont shoot me
4. doesnt plant / defuse(fixed this problem because i had wrong waypoints using 1.5 waypoints on 1.6 lol)

if theres more ill edit later kinda tired

heres liblist

game "Counter-Strike"

url_info "www.counter-strike.net"

url_dl ""

version "1.6"

size "184000000"

svonly "0"

secure "1"

type "multiplayer_only"

cldll "1"

hlversion "1111"

nomodels "1"

nohimodel "1"

mpentity "info_player_start"

gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

gamedll_linux "addons/metamod/dlls/metamod_i386.so"

trainmap "tr_1"

heres my plugin.ini

win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll
win32 addons/botaim_plugin/release/botaim_mm.dll
linux addons\podbot\podbot_mm_i386.so
linux addons\botaim_plugin\release\botaim_mm_i386.so

MarD 31-07-2005 10:25

Heyyo,

To my knowledge, doesn't the latest version of PODbot mm come with botaim2.3 built in?? Yeah, it is..

http://forums.bots-united.com/showth...ghlight=botaim

anywho, just remove botaim cause PODbot mm comes with that built in man. ;)

shadee 31-07-2005 10:55

k ill try it ty

The Storm 31-07-2005 10:56

Yes I'm too sure that the problem is from botaim. Because when I test it with E[POD]bot they too can't defuse the bomb because they look in the sky when try to defuse the bomb. So when you remove botaim from the metamod plugins all will be OK. :)

shadee 31-07-2005 11:23

fixed the aim problem still not hard but at least they dont look stupid :]

shadee 31-07-2005 11:31

btw is there anyway i can kill just 1 side of a team say im on T and i want all my teammates to die

MarD 31-07-2005 11:34

Heyyo,

You could just do...

mp_autobalance 0

and add a lot of bots to the enemy team. :P

[EDIT]
Yeah, the bots for the moment seem to have a harder time killing at longer ranges.. hopefully we can see some improvements in that area. Storm's been working on this for E[POD]bot, and I hope after more tweaking n' testing it'll be a much damn harder bot even long range. ;)

shadee 31-07-2005 12:34

hmm cuda sworn podbot 2.5 had a kill CT or kill T's part in the "=" menu

MarD 31-07-2005 18:20

Heyyo,

You have to remember their names and then kill them off 1 by 1 I think. If you just wanna go against a lot of bots then just use what I typed above.

op1e 02-10-2005 08:39

Add mean mod to your server. I just tried it out and woah!!! I've been playing with podbots for two years now and I dint recognize them. They stand still when they see you now instead of running around the map backwards and will shoot you through walls all the way across the map. I was swinging around on blackhawkdown with hookmod and they were shooting me out of the sky with scouts! There are many "botfixes" incorporated into mean that I wish were in the bot dll. I have to turn the skill down below 80 or I just get owned.