.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   The RealBot 'Source' (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things.... (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1807)

stefanhendriks 17-06-2004 11:16

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....

yes, important areas are needed to give bots more options and make their goals diverse (and works quite well too). About lag spikes, i have altered the goal selection goal so they should be less (or gone) now.

the wav file is for some testing, the file can be grabbed from the AoS Fun Sound pack (see link at my website to AoS).

I thought the command was : realbot sound

and then you hear a sound "Damn i am good" from Duke Nukem. Its for testing purposes as i want Bots to have some voice stuff too :) Perhaps i will record multiple sounds for different locaitons so it looks like they really use Voice Com.

dead bwoy 17-06-2004 11:30

Re: Unofficial RealBot WIP #10 at the filebase, grab it, and lets collect bugs/things....

That would be sweet to see csbot vs realbot talking mad $h!t3 via voice com...

Lethal 17-06-2004 11:41

ALright thanks for letting me know.
Any chance of a hint for when the next release of realbot will come around.
Or are you going to improve something before releasage.
I mean a bug free version of wip10 would be nice since the bots are actually good when excuse the bugs but you said it yourself you did finish them so therefore they are not going to be perfect and i dont blame you since no is paying you to do this.
I guess you are doing this for yourself and people like me who dont have a good connection at home to cs.
Do you think may make it possible for realbot to support other half-life mods? 8)

stefanhendriks 17-06-2004 12:56

Well actually i have an ADSL connection so i don't do it for the bad connection. I do it because its fun to do :)

[BBB]sluggo 18-06-2004 16:52

Error, memory could not be "read".
Got this message after the latest steam update when I type "/rank" in the game.
I'm running a listen server with the realbot WIP10 from filebase and statsme, WinXP and a P4. Let me know if you need more info.
If I type "/rank" when no bots have been added it works fine but once i add a bot the command causes a crash.
If I remove Realbot from metamod "plugins.ini" it also works fine.
Is it only me or does someone else have this problem. Maybe it's a statsme problem?

stefanhendriks 18-06-2004 16:53

the new source is updated so it does not crash anymore...

evy 18-06-2004 18:00

The IMGOOD12 sound from Duke Nukem...

Stefan

Quote:

Originally Posted by stefanhendriks
the wav file is for some testing, the file can be grabbed from the AoS Fun Sound pack (see link at my website to AoS).

and then you hear a sound "Damn i am good" from Duke Nukem. Its for testing purposes as i want Bots to have some voice stuff too :) Perhaps i will record multiple sounds for different locaitons so it looks like they really use Voice Com.

As a couple of us would like to enjoy the realbot the same way as you do, would you mind posting the IMGOOD12.WAV file somewhere ? I was unable to google it.

Bedank in voorbaat

-eric

stefanhendriks 18-06-2004 19:38

as i said you can grab the entire voice pack from the AoS website. Just go to www.clanaos.co.uk , grab the soundpack.

When you installed it you have a file called imgood12.wav in your sound\misc directory.

[+Duracell-] 23-06-2004 04:22

I get a "NUM_FOR_EDICT: bad pointer" crash when I run both the latest Realbot DLL and Podbot 2.6mm together.

Not sure which is the culprit, but I'm sure I didn't get that error when Podbot 2.6mm was the only bot running. And it happens sporadically...i can't pinpoint what's causing it. It usually happens after buytime, I believe, after I add all the bots onto the server.

sPlOrYgOn 23-06-2004 05:34

It's probably pb2.6mm if you don't have the latest beta..
R2.1 has the NUM_FOR_EDICT error in it..