.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Server admin help (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Some plugins-notworking modmenu-notworking (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3822)

bmann_420 06-04-2005 02:05

Some plugins-notworking modmenu-notworking

I have some plugins that say they are working but are not working, like entrance song is not working. my amxmodmenu comes up but whenver i want to select an option it dissappears!:-/

Pierre-Marie Baty 06-04-2005 03:21

Re: Some plugins-notworking modmenu-notworking

can you post the list of metamod plugins and the list of AMX plugins you have ?

bmann_420 06-04-2005 11:49

admin_weaponII.amxx ; any weapon u choose
admin_allinone.amxx ; admin commands
admin_ammo.amxx ; unlimited ammo
admin_llama.amxx ; shuts people up
aim_practice.amxx ; hs practice
amx_gore_ultimate.amxx ; blood to be spilled
admin_revive.amxx ; revive a person any time
breakable_doors.amxx ; breake the doors down with a nade
csnadedrops.amxx ; drops the nades when u die
deadchat.amxx ; allows you to chat when you are dead
he_arena.amxx ; he arena
knifes_only.amxx ; allows for knifes only
lastmanbets.amxx ; bets at the end when there is only 2 people
psycholisten.amxx ; allows for admins to read what everybody is sayin
repay.amxx ; repay hp for hs's
superkick.amxx ; kicks people to their desktop
ultimate_sound.amxx ; more sounds
admin_changename.amxx ; change somebody's name
admin_flash.amxx ; flash anybody
enter_leave(amxx).amxx ; people go and come
hostage_hp.amxx ; change hostage hp
amx_atac.amxx ; attack control
amx_atac_cfg.amxx ; attack control
uberkick.amxx ; fuks with em then kicks em
server_rules.amxx ; shows rules
sprites_show.amx ; cool stuff ontop of thier heads
amx_chicken.amxx ; chickens all of em
admin_ff.amxx ; say ff
steamidpending.amxx ; kick pending id's
amx_badaim.amxx ; badaim
;weaponarena.amxx ; weaona rena
amx_ms_tcolor.amxx ; colored text
say_commands.amxx ; commands
amx_team_locker.amxx ; locker
vote_lowgrav.amxx ; low grav voter
loadingsound.amxx ; sounds

win32 addons\amxmodx\dlls\amxmodx_mm.dll
win32 addons\statsme\dlls\sm_<cstrike>_mm.dll
win32 addons\hlguard\dlls\hlguard_mm.dll

Loading song doesnt work so far, i dunno about any others except my my modmenu comes up but when i hit a 1 2 or 3 ora ny it didappears.... i dont know what would cause this except a conflict. otherwise it works great, the bots are cool and everything.

Pierre-Marie Baty 06-04-2005 18:31

If a plugin fails loading it's either that the file is corrupted or it cannot be found at the right location. Try recompiling it, and check that your paths are correct.

Some conflicts may be unsolvable without giving up one of the plugins, but you may also try changing the order in which the plugins are chained, i.e. move the conflicting ones up and down the list.

bmann_420 06-04-2005 22:43

they ran fine right before i put the bots in, so its not corrupt. amxx says there working fine also. But my modmenu is my main priority, if i cant get that to work then im taking the bots out, i just think thats redicuious that it would conflict with amxx. do you have any suggestions on what kind of bots u would use in amxx that dont have many or any problems at all?

Pierre-Marie Baty 09-04-2005 14:10

It's not that surprising that bots cause problems with some other plugins, and this for at least two reasons. First, because bots are among the most complicated plugins that can be written and use the HL engine and the mod DLL functions pretty much thoroughly and continuously. Second, because bots and players are not handled by the HL engine in exactly the same way, and some plugin authors are not aware that their plugins might be used with bots, and the way their plugins are programmed causes trouble.

Like I said, I believe the only chance you have is to move the plugins up and down the list, until you find the point where they conflict less, or not anymore, with each other. Plugins are processed by the engine in the way they are listed, so the order is important.

KWo 11-04-2005 19:43

You still didn't answer to a lot of questions I've put here:
http://forums.bots-united.com/showpo...16&postcount=2

Note - latest AMX MOD X (I believe You are using this one) doesn't support 100% older CS version. Normally latest AMX MOD X is supposed to work with Steam and it's mods. There was a problem with recognizing bots/players by older version AMX X 0.16 (and also by AMX including latest official version 0.9.9), but in AMX X since version 0.20 the problem is fixed. I got to work AMX MOD X 1.01 with 100% (I believe) compatibility with CS1.5 (old HL) and without problems with bots, but I shoud've re-write few plugins to get back support for this old mod.
I don't know what are really the differences betwen CS1.5 (this one I have) and retail version (I believe You are using this one) CS 1.0.0.5. I may answer to a lot of questions to CS1.5 old HL / CS1.6 Steam and AMX or AMX MOD X, but since I don't have any experience with CS1.0.0.5 and AMX MOD X - I'am not sure if I can help You.
Hint - try to disable all custom plugins in Your amxx' plugins.ini and start the server only with default AMX X plugins and bots and look if it works for You with bots correctly (I mean check this amxmodmenu). If so - You can add step by step a custom plugin to the plugins.ini file and check if it stiil works. This way You may narrow some plugin not compatible with bots. If it doesn't work even with default AMX X plugins - I don't see any hope for You. I don't think the people from AMX MOD X will be interested to support old mods with correct recognize by AMX X bots and players by their mod.

Write also more precisly what exactly the function(s) You have been trying and they didn't work for You (these called by You from amxmodmenu).

BTW - @Pierre - is this topic in the correct forum? Also this one I've put link to my post in it few lines above? ;)