.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Sandbot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   progress (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=10041)

RoboCop 24-03-2018 18:20

Re: progress

Also are you able to program and create those bot "Grapple" waypoints for like op4ctf_xendance? Because that map will make the bots useless unless they know how to use the "Batman's Rope" to grab from point island to another to capture flag - quicker before your bots say "good thing, Batman" Dadadadadada Batman!

tschumann 24-03-2018 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboCop (Post 67029)
Well its a shame ShrikeBot isn't open source and it doesn't seem likely that SandBot will work with ShrikeBot waypoints.

Yeah, waypointing is the least fun part of it all.

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboCop (Post 67030)
Also are you able to program and create those bot "Grapple" waypoints for like op4ctf_xendance? Because that map will make the bots useless unless they know how to use the "Batman's Rope" to grab from point island to another to capture flag - quicker before your bots say "good thing, Batman" Dadadadadada Batman!

Yeah I guess that's something I'll look at.
I think 007 Nightfire bots (most likely by botman) had the ability to use grappling hooks.

Persephone 25-03-2018 08:19

Have you ever tried jk_botti ? The bot that was created by Ghost of Evil Spy

They were capable of using almost all weapons including Grapple and even PENGUINS

They were still using Grapple to their opponents instead of Xen object though

RoboCop 26-03-2018 19:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 67034)
Have you ever tried jk_botti ? The bot that was created by Ghost of Evil Spy

They were capable of using almost all weapons including Grapple and even PENGUINS

They were still using Grapple to their opponents instead of Xen object though

Yes I'm aware that jukivili/Hullu made JK-Botti, as well know how clever and lightweight they work. Not to forget their unique AutoWaypoint and using almost all Op4 weapons even "Linux bombs", but don't work on Op4CTF maps.

It's just a matter of C++ skill and time to know how and when it will support those Grapple and that.

tschumann 05-04-2018 12:36

I haven't tried jk_botti.

I'll get to it eventually - I've played around a bit with the weapon code but I haven't really got to the bottom of it yet (I tried adding rocket launcher usage for Day of Defeat but I haven't worked enough of it out to make it work yet).

tschumann 06-04-2018 13:41

RoboCop could you post the results of the following command on your server:
strings /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 | grep CXX

RoboCop 07-04-2018 01:45

Expect a bit of a delay one of my dedicated servers died 2 weeks ago and I'm kinda struggling to catch up with the backup on the raw MySQL data files. But the Op4CTF server is unaffected as that one is remained safe...for now...

tschumann 07-04-2018 05:30

Alright so I've asked elsewhere and got what looks like a very good hint - it looks like SteamCMD (which RoboCop and nubizor are both using I believe) ships with an old version of libstdc++.so.6 which even now only provides up to CXXABI_1.3.7 - I'm no Linux export but I'm guessing that SteamCMD sets its own LD_LIBRARY_PATH which means that its own older libstdc++.so.6 gets loaded instead.
Could you try a version of Sandbot that didn't work before after removing steamcmd/linux32/libstdc++.so.6 (back it up just in case)?

RoboCop 10-04-2018 15:17

Well I've renamed that steamcmd/linux32/libstdc++.so.6 as libstdc++.so.6.bak as well loaded GDB and it did crash after 2-5 mins, but didn't gave me any backtrace logs. All it had was the "FATAL ERROR (shutting down): NUM_FOR_EDICT: bad pointer" and "FATAL ERROR (shutting down): MSG_ONE or MSG_ONE_UNRELIABLE with no target entity"

tschumann 12-04-2018 12:58

Alright great, I'm glad the libstdc++ problem is sorted.

Do you have a console dump from the lead-up to the crash?