.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Common Questions (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51)
-   -   Connect Time Faker/Randomizer? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=8565)

akagod 08-04-2011 01:38

Connect Time Faker/Randomizer?

Anyone know of a plugin that can fake/randomize the connect time of bots in the server info window? When people open server info, I don't want them to see 8 bots in there for 17hrs.

Edit: Sorry, wrong icon for post. Should be a question mark.

KWo 08-04-2011 12:53

Re: Connect Time Faker/Randomizer?

Use AMX X and ask at their forum to make the plugin for You. All You need is to kick sometimes any bot (but then the number of bots is all the time the same). So You may need sometimes to use "pb remove #botid" command, then after some time "pb add [parameters]" command. I believe somebody at AMX X forum having time can make it for You.

darrin 28-05-2011 14:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 63361)
Use AMX X and ask at their forum to make the plugin for You. All You need is to kick sometimes any bot (but then the number of bots is all the time the same). So You may need sometimes to use "pb remove #botid" command, then after some time "pb add [parameters]" command. I believe somebody at AMX X forum having time can make it for You.

So kwo, you think this is actually possible? I have asked some guys in the alliedmodders forums, and they all say its impossible to change bot time, but I think they are wrong. It must be a way to randomize the bot connected time, because I already know its possible to randomize the bot pings, so why the heck shouldn't fake time be possible? I know its handled server side, but lol it must be possible :toung:

KWo 28-05-2011 14:26

You cannot change time of the bot connected all the time to the server. What You need to ask at alliedmods forum is to write for You a plugin which is from time to time using "pb remove #id" command, the after a while it is using "pb add" commnd. That's all. Thus the new bot connected should have new "playing time".

darrin 28-05-2011 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 63583)
You cannot change time of the bot connected all the time to the server. What You need to ask at alliedmods forum is to write for You a plugin which is from time to time using "pb remove #id" command, the after a while it is using "pb add" commnd. That's all. Thus the new bot connected should have new "playing time".

Thanks for your fast reply. Now I have never tried to kick/add bots on podbot, but I suppose that it gets new connection time, unlike the standard CZ bots, where they always have the same connection time, even after kick...?

KWo 28-05-2011 18:16

I have never checked their connection time. Just try and let me know if this is a good way to solve Your problem.

darrin 28-05-2011 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 63594)
I have never checked their connection time. Just try and let me know if this is a good way to solve Your problem.

Anyone can do this for me? I am unable to get podbot to run... :mellow:

darrin 29-05-2011 10:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by darrin (Post 63600)
Anyone can do this for me? I am unable to get podbot to run... :mellow:

I managed to get podbot running, and tested to kick/add bots. But the bots still had the same connection time. I don't think this is possible unless some very smart guy find out a way to trick the master server to display random connect times for bots.

ANTICHRISTUS REX 03-08-2011 00:37

I hope that it will be added in the next podbot version, cause this feature already exists in the jk botti.

Ancient 03-08-2011 03:54

Seems like a random kick mod might replicate what you are asking for... at least it should do for the time being.