.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   HPB_bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   botmixer (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1221)

denis 31-03-2004 16:46

botmixer

im counting 5 bots already working on cs1.6, akimbot, realbot, ivp, nicebot and hpbbot, isn't time to update botmixer? the last version crashes.

MusicMan 31-03-2004 17:22

Re: botmixer

dunno if it works out of the box, but Whistler made a modified version of Botmixer5000 by botman. you can find it at his website here http://planet.time.net.my/Technology.../downloads.htm

MusicMan

@$3.1415rin 31-03-2004 17:30

a lot of those bots are metamod plugins, therefore you should be able to use more than one at a time, theoretically

PS: nicebot ( what's that ? ) on the list, but no joebot :|

denis 31-03-2004 22:23

can someone compile Whistler modified version of Botmixer5000?.
joebot is great!!!

MusicMan 01-04-2004 10:41

did you try just running several metamod bot plugins at one time?

MusicMan

denis 01-04-2004 19:29

i think i have some problems with metamod i can't load any bot plugin, also this botmixer promises to load old bots also like nnbot and wbot.

Jeffrccar 01-04-2004 20:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by denis
can someone compile Whistler modified version of Botmixer5000?.
joebot is great!!!

These files below may not work with The new steamCS1.6 try it.
I hav'nt test these files.
I remember someone posting or i downloading it

Whistler 02-04-2004 15:27

I would not suggest you using that BotMixer because I haven't tested it with latest Steam and I have not been working on it for a long time...

Also any steam update can overwrite the fake dll with the real mp.dll and you'll have to install the BotMixer again.

However you can give it a try.

Quote:

Originally Posted by denis
im counting 5 bots already working on cs1.6, akimbot, realbot, ivp, nicebot and hpbbot, isn't time to update botmixer? the last version crashes.

My YaPB also works with CS 1.6. :)

MarD 03-04-2004 20:15

Heyyo,

Nicebot? tha's a russian modified version of PODbot tha's compatible with CS v1.6. I don't think they changed anything with the bot, just made it compatible...

TJA 10-04-2010 23:27

I tought, that MetaMod bots can be mixed together ...

So, PodBotmm and JoeBot can be loaded and used together?

I could only find references, that hint to problems, doing that and some references to BotMixer (that does not realy be needed, or?) ...

So, CAN PodBotmm and JoeBot be mixed with Metamod only?
How exactly?

Or is BotMixer needed?

Or do they not work together at all?

TJA 10-04-2010 23:28

When i load both bots in plugins.ini on a Linux box, the second one just does not load ...

genmac 25-07-2015 15:54

It's 2015 and I hope someone can make this botmixer 5000 work on steam. I just want to load both sturmbot and shrikebot together. I can already load them using metamod but the problem is they use the exact same commands so just sturmbots are the ones the get's added in the game. IF there only a way to add alias or something to make command call on specific bot dll.

MarD 26-07-2015 23:40

Heyyo,

I think that (mEAn)Bot.Admin can do bot mixing but I'm not 100% sure as I haven't tried it myself. Give it a go and see. ;)

http://meanmod.bots-united.com/index_mainpage.html

genmac 27-07-2015 14:38

Ok that looks promising but I can't seem to figure out how to combine the 2 bots.

For metamod I just create a config.ini (placed inside metamod folder) and place this two lines...
gamedll dlls/shrikebot.dll
gamedll sturmbot/dlls/sturm_bot.dll

Unfortunately seems sturmbot is the only one truly loaded when in game.
I have to disable the sturmbot line to load shrikebot or may be I'm not doing it correctly.

norrybul1986 14-11-2020 12:14

Botmixer5000 was ok back then when I was still young and tinkering the hpb_bot variants. I used to make "cockfight" matches out of these bots before. But the easiest way until now with podbot_mm, yapb, sypb and regame_cs (reversed engineered csbot).... is to do it manually using metamod.

For me, I compiled everything (metamod/bot ai) as I'm used to test chess ai engines for computerchess tournament ratinglist (c/o CCRL) - a thing of the past.

The requirements used for 3 bot AI test inside a game map match:

1. metamod - 1.20-am, 1.2.1-am, 1.21p37, 1.21p38, 1.21p39

2. Bot AI: using the active developments only

yapb4.x - latest
podbot_mm3.x - latest
sypb1.48 - 1.50 latest

regame_cs

For metamod, make sure you know how to enable and disable using the ";" symbol in the plugins.ini.

Example:

1. enabling yapb and podbot_mm only

Code:

win32 addons/yapb/bin/yapb.dll       
win32 addons/podbot/podbot_mm.dll     

;win32 addons/sypb/dlls/sypb.dll

2. changing bind keys for podbot_mm and yapb menu in your CS config.cfg (as well as respective bot AI cfg folders to be sure).

Code:

// Binds "=" key to open bot's main menu // 

bind "=" "yb menu"

Code:

# The line below binds the User Menu to the "=" key. Of course you 

# can bind this to any key you like.   

bind "-" "pb menu"

For regame_cs, be sure "mp.dll" is set correctly in the liblist.gam. You can rename the dll too!
Example:

Code:

gamedll "dlls\mp.dll"   
gamedll "addons\metamod\dlls\metamod.dll"

All infos are here to get it right for csbot enabler and regame_cs;
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1725204346
Bind key for regame_cs is "H" in config.cfg (via commandmenu setting) or just use bot command.

Start a game map and use the bind keys to control your bot settings in their respective menus, or use the bot commands in console.

I'm using this as client only for offline testing, but it also works with hlds.

Note: When I do matches with maximum "difficulty" on regame_cs, "elite - expert" template settings have the same (max) parameters in the botprofile.db - fixed to the max! Leaving it by default will vary from expert to elite skill.

(I used/tested handtuned waypoints for my tests for all bots. From my last account, I tested 100 games for TR-CT, then swapped for another 100 games as CT-TR for each. I used fy, de, cs maps for variety of results.)
YAPB - 1st (always overall champion)

SYPB - 2nd (always in 2nd place!)

PODBOT_MM - 3rd (slightly better than Regame_CS) as of last year.

REGAME_CS - 4th (much improved than CSBOT and the older Zbot in skill)...but much enjoyed by many in all maps, and much easier to use! They behave/move much better than Podbot_mm, more human-like when I tried again the latest a few days ago. This is a very active development almost every month this year 2020, same as yapb.

(BTW, Realbot works too with them, but needs more preparation to even up with the better AIs.))

Reminder:

The max bots I tried and worked was 4 AIs at the same time on mixed play, but 2 is enough. I hoped this helped some curious newbies out there.
Good Luck!