.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   GrogBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=54)
-   -   Update (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3735)

Detrol 15-03-2005 14:06

Update

If ur gonna make more updates of the bot for PVK ( HL1 ), u must really fix so the bots cant join teams that doesnt exist in maps, they r just dying all the time.. and fix some waypoints in some maps, for example in Desertruin, they got stuck in a wall near the tower.

Except that, it is a greate bot! :D

Akz 15-03-2005 15:05

Re: Update

I'm afraid that I'm not going to update the "old" GrogBot anymore unless there's something terribly wrong. For a workaround to the team joining prob, you could set the corresponding team limiting cvar to 0. For example, in helms_deep, you could write "mp_pirates 0" (without the quotes) in the console to restrict the bots joining pirates.
The waypoints are poor, I know, as they were made in a matter of minutes. Still, the wp bug in desertruin you told about was supposed to be fixed in 1.1. Seems like I somehow managed to include the wrong wp file again >:( (You're using 1.1, right?)

Ailean 15-03-2005 22:14

Well, I'm having *lots* of simmilar problems, especially on pvk_island. Bots are *constantly* walking into walls, and remain stuck there untill someone kills them. Same happens a lot on helms_deep and pvk_pinegrove. haven't really checked other maps cause stuck bots are rather boring to play with.

*goes back to 1.0*

Zeta 16-03-2005 13:19

Well we can try to use the old 1.0 waypoint with the new version. I haven't tried the new version yet. PVK got deleted when I reformatted my pc months ago.

Akz 16-03-2005 14:13

The waypoints should only have been improved in 1.1, they shouldn't get stuck any more than in 1.0. Don't know if this is some weird linux specific bug again. :P

Pierre-Marie Baty 16-03-2005 16:08

Usually my Grogbots don't get stuck, or it may be that I don't have the time to see them getting stuck. After all, it's deathmatch :D

Zeta 19-03-2005 12:56

I just noticed that there's a rush waypoint. So I assume the rush command won't work if there's no rush waypoint on the map. My question is, how do you use it?

Do you have to put a rush waypoints from one base to another or just put one rush waypoint at a point and the bots will rush to the point if you issued the rush command?

Akz 19-03-2005 15:34

The rush waypoints are meant to be used in places where the bots should ignore enemies that are quite far away from the bot. For example, I used them on the spawn area in pvk_highground so that they wouldn't stay there fragging each other and never making their way to the top of the hill. The rush command causes the same behaviour, but it affects as long as the bot hasn't reached his goal. You don't need a rush waypoint to use the rush command.

Zeta 21-03-2005 12:56

I see. Thanks for the info. Btw, the info should be added to the readme so that new user can understand it better.