.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   PB-MM 3.0 (Beta) Badf Load (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5211)

dragon52225 30-04-2006 00:38

PB-MM 3.0 (Beta) Badf Load

Everything is correct... Everything is in addons/podbot/*
I use i386 linux (FC 4).

My line in metamod plugins.ini is:
linux addons/podbot/podbot_mm_i386.so

EDIT: One more thing, which version of metamod is this compiled against? (the 3.0 BETA i'm using).
I use Metamod 1.19p28? (i forget the number)

EDIT2: I forgot to include the other mm plugins i run, amxmodx 1.71 and hlguard 1.8

EDIT3: I'm trying to compile the sources (beta 3.0) with the included makefile.... so i changed the metamod dir in the makefile to metamod-p (i also tried with regular sources).
BUT.. it gives a **** load of errors under mingw compiler (i'm following http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4822 ) (i don't really need windows though, so i'm giving cygwin a try.... i'll post up what i do later.)

EDIT4: Exact same errors if I use CYGWIN... looks like the sources for beta 3.0 are messed up? (i'll try with visual studio next....)

KWo 30-04-2006 20:41

Re: PB-MM 3.0 (Beta) Badf Load

The sources aren't messed up. You screwed up something while preparing the project workspace (with HLSDK , metamod and podbot project dorectory) or You are just trying to use different version of mingw/cygwin then those I recommended in that topic You invoked. Without writting error output here no one is able to help You. Just write (copy and paste) the errors You keep getting while compiling.
And it's not a bug if You can't compile the sources. Moving topic to Releases/Coding forum.:nono:

dragon52225 01-05-2006 06:16

1 Attachment(s)
Sorry *tries to insert embarassed smiley*
I used EXACTALLY what you posted... followed the instructions... execpt used the makefile included with the PB-MM 3.0 sources.

I get the same errors under MinGW (win.) and cygwin (lin.)
Wait while i get them ;)

EDIT: They were all fixed when i used metamod-p sources... for some odd reason, it seems to hate the original metamod 1.19 sources..... BUT, i still get a few warnings... letme check (This is under MINGW right now)

EDIT2: here they are (btw.. it still compiles correctly...):

bot.cpp: In function `void BotThink(bot_t*)':
bot.cpp:6805: warning: converting to `byte' from `float'
bot.cpp:9087: warning: converting to `byte' from `float'

dll.cpp: In function `void ClientCommand(edict_t*)':
dll.cpp:433: warning: unused variable 'arg7'
dll.cpp:434: warning: unused variable 'arg8'
dll.cpp:435: warning: unused variable 'arg9'
dll.cpp: In function `void PbCmdParser(edict_t*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*, const char*)':
dll.cpp:2272: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
dll.cpp:2284: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type
dll.cpp:2296: warning: comparison is always true due to limited range of data type

That is all... i know warnings are ok.... but probably it can make the code cleaner ;) i'm a newbie C++ coder who has coded for 1 1/2 weeks lol

EDIT3: Hmm.... my cygwin compile is slightly different than yours... my mingw/win one came out exactally the same (even md5summing...) yeah... but my linux one came out different, if you would like to have a look at it? *attached*

EDIT4:
Quote:

And it's not a bug if You can't compile the sources. Moving topic to Releases/Coding forum.:nono:
Hehe.. didn't you read the problem i'm having under FC4? i tried metamod-p and metamod (both 1.19 version)

KWo 01-05-2006 11:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by dragon52225
EDIT: They were all fixed when i used metamod-p sources... for some odd reason, it seems to hate the original metamod 1.19 sources..... BUT, i still get a few warnings... letme check (This is under MINGW right now)

Tak the linux version of sources of mm 1.19 - they are formated correctly and mingw/cygwn have no problem while compiling with them.

Quote:

EDIT2: here they are (btw.. it still compiles correctly...):

(...)
That is all... i know warnings are ok.... but probably it can make the code cleaner ;) i'm a newbie C++ coder who has coded for 1 1/2 weeks lol

I compile with the same warnings and my compilation works on few linux systems (also amd64 few ones) without any problems.

Quote:

EDIT4: Hehe.. didn't you read the problem i'm having under FC4? i tried metamod-p and metamod (both 1.19 version)

I believe You may miss some library to get it working then...
Read this topic.
Or You screwed up the installation. You need to install All-In-One 2.6 beta (there are all configs waypoints etc) - then replace only the binaries (the *.so file) by that one You compiled. But try first my compilation (provided with All-In-One) if it whole works for You.
The binaries might be different than those mines because I'm updating almost every 2 days the binaries beta and the sources in filebase - so when You got the sources few days ago - they might be just a bit outdated. Just look at the version number near sources. Just here.

[NvT]_KaszpiR_ 01-05-2006 13:26

well, maybe i write a bit

1. make sure metamod-p and amxmodx 1.71 WITHOUT bot works on server (just comment out the line from metmaod/plugin.sini containig loading of podbot)

2. try load the podbot only, without metamod (when something fails try to remove ALL unnecessary addons)
the metamod or metamod-p should make no difference cause they are compatible with eatch other (at least 1.19 versions)

3. when starting server try without runnin it in background - in example no screen
to do this and to get nice output use below command

./hlds_run -game cstrike +map de_dust -debug > out.txt

then you got errors in out.txt and you can paste it contents here

4. write in console (it should return gcc version you use)
gcc -v

when compiling binaries the binaries will not always be exackly the same - all depends on the gcc version used , optimizations and includes that your machine got. but usually they should work on other distros (usually on the same linx distro it should work)

when compiling warings are not so important, especially if podbot makefile forces to display ALL errors, that will produce HUGE amouts of errors on some systems :)

dragon52225 02-05-2006 02:29

1. make sure metamod-p and amxmodx 1.71 WITHOUT bot works on server (just comment out the line from metmaod/plugin.sini containig loading of podbot)

works fine... i just installed podbot...

gcc? don't u mean my glibc or whatever thats called?

i'll try the all in one...

KWo 02-05-2006 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by [NvT]_KaszpiR_
2. try load the podbot only, without metamod (when something fails try to remove ALL unnecessary addons)
the metamod or metamod-p should make no difference cause they are compatible with eatch other (at least 1.19 versions)

3. when starting server try without runnin it in background - in example no screen
to do this and to get nice output use below command

./hlds_run -game cstrike +map de_dust -debug > out.txt

then you got errors in out.txt and you can paste it contents here

4. write in console (it should return gcc version you use)
gcc -v

Forget about the second one - because podbot mm is a metamod plugin - so You can't load it without metamod. Maybe he meant load podbot mm without amx mod x and try it this way. How about the rest he wrote? Why didn't You write in console:
gcc -v
to show us the gcc version You have?

Quote:

Originally Posted by [NvT]_KaszpiR_
when compiling warings are not so important, especially if podbot makefile forces to display ALL errors, that will produce HUGE amouts of errors on some systems :)

It does force to show all eroors/warnings but I already reduced about 200 warnings - these they stay still there are not so important.

dragon52225 04-05-2006 01:12

Problem solved :D :D

I was missing a few libraries... because i installed a barebones system.

just had to install 2 packages ;)

KWo 04-05-2006 07:59

Can You write which ones? I mean - for other people they may have the same problem You had.

[NvT]_KaszpiR_ 04-05-2006 11:38

omg of course i wanted to write amxmod and not metamod :D
i bet he was missing libstdc++