.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^ (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5226)

woot woot 03-05-2006 00:29

Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates Thread? ^^

KWo, can I personally ask that you make a thread regarding the updates/features of the beta? On another thread you said that you are updating the beta almost everyday, sometimes more than once a day, please make a thread so I know when to download the newest version again. :)

I actually don't even know what is the difference between the beta other than better weapon restrictions and bots seems more humanlike I think. ^^

KWo 03-05-2006 02:15

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates Thread? ^^

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot woot
KWo, can I personally ask that you make a thread regarding the updates/features of the beta? On another thread you said that you are updating the beta almost everyday, sometimes more than once a day, please make a thread so I know when to download the newest version again. :)

Personally I prefer to focus on coding then updating all the time some topic with changes I'm doing (sometimes it's only few lines changed which doesn't matter too much for game playing).
Just don't be lazy and look into filebase - everytime I'm updateing the new binaries, I'm updateing also the version number of the beta - so You can compare that number with this one You have and You know You can get the new update again or not.

Quote:

Originally Posted by woot woot
I actually don't even know what is the difference between the beta other than better weapon restrictions and bots seems more humanlike I think. ^^

Read this topic.
Since that time:
+Lift code rewritten - watch 2 new demos in filebase.
+Added autokill function You and some people asked me ((V3Beta9)
+Optimized code to have lower CPU usage (V3Beta10)

[EDIT]
Filebase updated - the version V3 beta 10 is available.
[/EDIT]

woot woot 04-05-2006 00:15

Re: Podbot Beta 3.0 Updates? ^^

0o0o Excellent... well I do look in the beta files in the filebase, all I see is the same description >.> The title only says 3.0 too.. so I ono. But, I see it has 3.0 Beta 10 now, I don't think I saw that before, or I'm just blind. :D

Thanks.

KWo 14-05-2006 09:44

If someone is using V3beta7c or higher (up to V3beta10a) - please update the binaries from filebase. There was a bug with throwing nades (the bots stopped throw them at all since the version V3 beta 7c). It's fixed in V3 beta 11.
Also the code has been optimized again (to have less CPU usage).

Ancient 14-05-2006 19:05

I like how you are updating all the time. Makes me feel more important. :)
If you want file hosting just ask me for some space or at www.cfehosting.net

woot woot 14-05-2006 19:14

Thanks KWo, this is amazing progress. ^^

KWo 14-05-2006 19:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ancient
If you want file hosting just ask me for some space or at www.cfehosting.net

Well - instead asking for hosting I rather would ask the people to more beta testing. I really need more people testing stuff. That bug with nades was there since V3 beta 7c and no one reported it except SimSaw after long time (few days ago)... :(
I really need the confirmation if the optimization I made really affect CPU usage on proffesional servers.

woot woot 14-05-2006 20:55

I recently posted a few bugs, but I don't think you took it in anyway. Other than that, I think there is a slight improvement on overall usage. I can't say it with great confidence that it's better than before because I have a lot of plugins, and happens to only be a dedicated server. But, I think there's less cpu usage than before.

Ancient 15-05-2006 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo
I really need the confirmation if the optimization I made really affect CPU usage on proffesional servers.

Well I'm using a crap PC and running listen servers for quite long periods of time like days at a time. My crappy pc doesn't slow down any. Mainly the only memory that is being used is from Cstrike.exe and the cpu usage is at 70% most of the time. Still able to surf web etc... while running cstrike 1.6

woot woot 16-05-2006 03:48

Without FF running, my CPU is at 20pct with a dedicated server running and playing cs on the same computer lol. XD Multitask for teh winn. :) I also have MSN running, but cpu doesn' change, so ya it's good. ^^

pxbread 16-05-2006 14:45

:) verry nice ! this version work perfectly , bots have good move , cpu is good , the best version ? IT IS !!!:clap:

Spiffyguy01 23-05-2006 05:14

Is there a specific metamod version required for the beta? I am using 1.18p26 with AMXX 1.6 and podbot_mm version R2b46d. I would like to try the beta version but want to know if I need to upgrade anything.

Thanks

Edit: Also I noticed in the new podbot.cfg there is no collectexperience line. Is this no longer used?

Ancient 23-05-2006 05:30

Just download the latest beta version from the FileBase
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=377

The latest version of AMXX is 1.17, other than that; your set.
The latest version of metamod is recomended for PodBot MetaMod.

KWo 23-05-2006 09:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spiffyguy01
Is there a specific metamod version required for the beta? I am using 1.18p26 with AMXX 1.6 and podbot_mm version R2b46d.

Yes - for the latest beta You need to use metamod 1.19/1.19p28. I would reccomend AMX X 1.71 (this is the correct number of the latest version of AMX X) - works much better and has less bugs than 1.60. Some useres also noticed better stability. You can try to use the All-In-One beta - it contains everything You need - mm 1.19, pb V3 beta, AMX X 1.71 with such plugins as ChickenMod, CSDM 1.70.30x, ATAC (some of the most frequently used AMX X plugins). You just need to unzip evrything to Your ...\cstrike or ...\czero folder (according to the mod You are playing). Let overwrite all files. But backup first Your current AMX X 1.60. To get working plugins they were working for older version 1.60 it's always recommended to recompile sma files with the latest AMX X (I mean if You have there some 3'th party custom plugins).

Quote:

Edit: Also I noticed in the new podbot.cfg there is no collectexperience line. Is this no longer used?

The collecting experience is always on since V3 (well it was so also in some R2B4x version, but the cfg file wasn't updated to remove that line). So collecting experience is still used, but the possibility to switching it off is no longer used.

Spiffyguy01 23-05-2006 20:12

Thanks for the info. I will try it out. I will probably keep my AMXX 1.6 for right now since I am running statsme and pyschostats. Can't mess up the webpage or my players will kill me lol.

KWo 24-05-2006 00:46

The new beta (V3 beta 12) is available
+ Fixed - bots shouldn't steal anymore Your hostages You are trying to rescue (after pressing "use" button).
+ Bots don't try to go to the rescue point if they don't have already a hostage (hostage got killed or some human-player stoled it)

That part of code is based on data included in private data - thanks to Johnny Got His Gun and AMX X dev team.

Spiffyguy01 25-05-2006 05:06

quick question. does the auto kill feature work if there is no humans on the machine or does it only function if thre is a human on the server. I would like to use this function but if there is no one on the server I don't want the bots to just autodie.

Thanks.

KWo 25-05-2006 09:59

It should work this way - if there is no human-player on Your server, the bots shouldn't die. If they die regardless of this if there are or there is no human-players - consider it as a bug. Check it out and inform me about it.

Spiffyguy01 25-05-2006 18:05

ok will check it out. So far though I have not noticed too much difference between the old bots and new version. They seem to aim more realisticly too and not headshot every kill, which is good. They seem to get bunched up together more though. I have noticed this happening a little before I upgraded to beta version. I figured it was the xp they had gained was "confusing" them. Will keep and eye on it.

KWo 08-06-2006 23:11

Just released V3 beta 12b.
+ Fixed burst mode in low distances to enemeies.

Some user reported a bug the bots unzoom after that change I did, but I couldn't reproduce it, so I decided to release that version.

Spiffyguy01 20-06-2006 02:08

KWo beta is working very well on my server. Bots have my players cursing, which is a good thing. I have noticed though that they are still stealing hostages. Just wanted to let you know. Using version 3.0b12

KWo 22-06-2006 21:52

Quote:

I have noticed though that they are still stealing hostages. Just wanted to let you know. Using version 3.0b12

System - windows, linux or linux_amd64? CS version and other mm plugins (write meta list in console and show the contenst of it)?

Spiffyguy01 23-06-2006 00:32

Windows xp sp2
512 ram
2400+ AMD XP

Protocol version 47
Exe version 1.1.2.5 (cstrike)
Exe build: 21:57:36 Feb 8 2006 (3382)

Currently loaded plugins:
description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] AMX Mod X RUN - amxmodx_mm.dll v1.71 ini ANY ANY
[ 2] POD-Bot mm RUN - podbot_mm.dll v3.0b12 ini Chlvl ANY
[ 3] Fun RUN - fun_amxx.dll v1.71 pl1 ANY ANY
[ 4] Engine RUN - engine_amxx.dll v1.71 pl1 ANY ANY
[ 5] FakeMeta RUN - fakemeta_amxx.dl v1.71 pl1 ANY ANY
[ 6] MySQL RUN - mysql_amxx.dll v1.71 pl1 ANY ANY
[ 7] CStrike RUN - cstrike_amxx.dll v1.71 pl1 ANY ANY
[ 8] CSX RUN - csx_amxx.dll v1.71 pl1 ANY ANY
8 plugins, 8 running

AMXX Plugins in case you need those.

name version author file status
Admin Base 1.71 AMXX Dev Team admin.amxx running
Admin Commands 1.71 AMXX Dev Team admincmd.amxx running
Admin Help 1.71 AMXX Dev Team adminhelp.amxx running
Slots Reservation 1.71 AMXX Dev Team adminslots.amxx running
Multi-Lingual Sys 1.71 AMXX Dev Team multilingual.am running
Menus Front-End 1.71 AMXX Dev Team menufront.amxx running
Commands Menu 1.71 AMXX Dev Team cmdmenu.amxx running
Players Menu 1.71 AMXX Dev Team plmenu.amxx running
Admin Chat 1.71 AMXX Dev Team adminchat.amxx running
Anti Flood 1.71 AMXX Dev Team antiflood.amxx running
Scrolling Message 1.71 AMXX Dev Team scrollmsg.amxx running
Info. Messages 1.71 AMXX Dev Team imessage.amxx running
Admin Votes 1.71 AMXX Dev Team adminvote.amxx running
NextMap 1.71 AMXX Dev Team nextmap.amxx running
TimeLeft 1.71 AMXX Dev Team timeleft.amxx running
Pause Plugins 1.71 AMXX Dev Team pausecfg.amxx running
Stats Configurati 1.71 AMXX Dev Team statscfg.amxx running
StatsX 1.71 AMXX Dev Team statsx.amxx running
CS Misc. Stats 1.71 AMXX Dev Team miscstats.amxx running
CS Stats Logging 1.72 AMXX Dev Team stats_logging_b running
Ultimate Gore 1.3.4 JTP10181/mike_ca amx_gore_ultima running
CSNadeDrops 0.14 Avalanche csnadedrops.amx running
DeagsMapManage 2.30b Deags deagsmapmanage2 running
precache 1.0 hjvl precache.amxx running
24 plugins, 24 running

Let me know what other info you need. No certain map either it is all I guess.

KWo 29-06-2006 15:26

Well - I have also Win XP SP2 and AMX X 1.71 and I tested it few times and they don't steal my hossies...:unsure:

Spiffyguy01 29-06-2006 19:18

It is not so much a big deal but I figured I would mention it since it was fixed. Any other things I can do to test and try to figure out why they are doing it? Not much of a coder but I can read logs and such, maybe I can help.

KWo 01-07-2006 01:03

Just uploaded V3 beta 13b to the filebase.

+Fixed the problem with weapon_strip (thanks to strelomet)
+Improved throwing nades by bots (again).
+Re added code for recoil for CS1.5 (in CS1.5 they should more often head shoot You now; recoil system work different way in old HL CS1.5 and Steam CS1.6).
+Unstuck code improved (added "go back" function to existing jump, strafe, duck)
+Changed the code for players colision detection (they should less jump now and more often use strafe and go back)
+Fixed - they don't throw nades now in "ignore enemies" mode.
+Added - bots wait until the hostages they follow it are rescued (they reach the rescue point) - it means if You place in a wrong place a WP with Rescue flag (not in the Rescue Zone) - the bot will wait there forever - because they will be never rescued (thanks to Ancient showing the bug).

woot woot 22-07-2006 14:25

KWo, I have this dll, 13b. I came across a bug where if the bots collide with each other, they get stuck temporarily until 1. some bot dies, 2. I shoot at them at least like 2 times, and 3. they eventually get unstuck themselves. Have you noticed this?

Windows XP Sp2 - Windows Dedicated - AmXx 1.75a

Also, when I restricted Smoke Nades in podbot.cfg, they still bought it. o.0 Maybe I put '1' in the wrong place, though I doubt it. I'll give it another shot.

KWo 22-07-2006 19:26

When You can see a bug - just write a bug report in the correct subforum instead extending this topic into a monster thread...
Yes - I'm working on unstuck code (I'm fighting against jumping bots - I don't like) - that strafe code isn't perfect yet. I hope during the next week between 24-28.07 I'll post a new binary.

About restriction weapons - the restriction You write in podbot.cfg works only in the case You are not using AMX X. Since 1.75a (and because of my plugin included into All-In-One installer) podbot mm follows the restrictions made by AMX X. So if You just don't want the people and bots buying smoke nades - use Weapon Restriction menu from AMX X. If You want the people buy some weapons, but bots don't - disable pb_weaprest.amxx plugin in amx x plugins.ini file and control the restriction either by podbot.cfg or by these cvars they are supposed for it from console.

Ancient 22-07-2006 21:52

I have never seen bots colide until one dies, that has to be a waypoint thing.
The radius allows bots to go around eachother if they colide.

I suggest looking at the waypoint that they colide at then make the radius bigger.

woot woot 23-07-2006 05:14

lol, sorry I had the feeling that bug forum was intended for the stable releases lol.

Also, ya I figured it out later. I thought I had Smoke nades restricted through amx x, apparently I unrestricted it.

No, it would get unstuck eventually on its own, I was just saying that I didn't want to wait long so I'd have to kill at least one of them, and they'd get unstuck. Nothing to do with the waypoint, it's on dust 2, and has never happened before. KWo knows about the bug so ok.

I'll post bugs in Bug forum. Sorry. ^^

KWo 01-08-2006 10:24

The new version (V3B14c) is now available in the filebase.
Changelog:
+Changed unstuck behavior - improved strafe and go back method in unstuck code. They should try to omit/obey the obstacle (or a bit go back and try again) instead jumping only
+Fixed answering to chat (bug included about V3B7c or a bit before - some order of code execution was changed by me and I didn't notice it's no longer executed)
+Added 2 new commands (exactly old command with new arguments) for waypointers:
pb wp teleport use - teleports the waypointer to the next waypoint with the falg USE_BUTTON
pb wp teleport camp - teleports the waypointer to the next waypoint with the falg USE_BUTTON
These commands are usefull if You are trying to fix old PB2.5 waypoint with old method of camp usage (with pb mm the old camp waypoint is causing to look the bot in some strange direction) and also with USE_BUTTON (old PB2.5 was placing that flag on every WP existing near some func_button - it may cause sometimes stupid behavior of pb mm bots if they have nothing to "use", but there is placed that flag).
The old "pb wp teleport wp_nr" is still working like before.
+Changed nades throwing - bots should aim better the position they want to throw the nade (the old calculation of the place the bot should look at during nade throwing was a bit strange).
+Fixed pb_debuggoal - it should work now everytime (before I noticed few situations they didn't want to go the WP I was requesting them to go)
+Changed the execution of the task FOLLOW_USER - bots should follow the user this way - they should take some random WP near their user
(but connected to the closest one to the user). If they are somewhere near their user, they should look at him (except if there is some enemy near by) and they should better unstuck if they are close to them-selves (to make a room to go).
+Changed - if the bot cannot reach its waypoint in some certain time it should reach it (or bot was doing some unwaypointed movement), during finding the WP near by it checks also the previous WPs and the current WP (for some reason before it wasn't so) and it checks if the new WP isn't in some danger (to fall down) area.
+Fixed button code - bots shouldn't stay anymore near some button and look infinitely at it.
+Changed button code - if there is a USE_BUTTON flag - they randomly decide to push or not the button (after first time noticing the WP with that flag; next vistit this WP -> new decision about pushing).
+Changed - the autokill function - if it's on and if the bomb is planted and there is no more alive human-players - the auto kill doesn't kill bots in this situation.

During few days I should also update the All-In-One - with AMX X 1.75a and newest pb mm beta.

folo4 06-08-2006 05:50

somehow, the bots do not defuse a bomb.

why is that?

KWo 07-08-2006 09:24

If You can see a bug - post in the "Bug Report" sub-forum. I'll take a look at it.

KWo 14-08-2006 11:33

OK - V3 beta 14e is now available in the filebase:

+Fixed defusing bomb by CTs and planting by T (no one really noticed it? ;) )
+Fixed swimming of bots (for some reason I saw they wouldn't want to swim)
+Changed - bots will hunt enemies more often now - normal and agressive ones - if there is the number of alive players in one team more or equal than
2 * alive players of the other team - they will try to hunt them (for example 2CT alive and 4T alive (or more) - they start to hunt them :) ).

Spaghed 18-08-2006 23:42

What Metamod version do you use? The Metamod 1.19p28?

You first get the Full pack PODBOT MM R2B46d installed and then add this beta version?

I used to have podbot working fine... Someone stole my computer recently. It suxs and now I have to set up my bots again and I noticed this new Beta 3.0 Version.

Ancient 19-08-2006 04:36

Lately KwO has been keeping the full installer up-to-date with the newest and latest beta version.
http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=222

It includes AMX X, Metamod 1.19 (I think) and Podbot mm.
Also i think the amx x version is in Polish instead of english :P
It doesn't bother me though.

Spaghed 19-08-2006 09:42

hmm, my server randomly crashes still even after downloading http://filebase.bots-united.com/inde...on=file&id=222. I used to have this problem before. I run AMX mod and admin mod also. I dont run any commands on the bots except there are weapons restrictions on the shield and awp. I wonder if those could be interference.

META LIST:

description stat pend file vers src load unlod
[ 1] Adminmod RUN - admin_mm.dll v2.50.60 ini Start ANY
[ 2] AMX RUN - amx_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
[ 3] CSStats RUN - csstats_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
[ 4] Fun RUN - fun_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
[ 5] POD-Bot mm RUN - podbot_mm.dll v3.0b14d ini Chlvl ANY
[ 6] VexdUM RUN - vexdum_mm.dll v0.9.9 ini ANY ANY
6 plugins, 6 running

woot woot 19-08-2006 10:17

You have amx and admin mod. I believe that would conflict with each other. And even more with podbot... try just using one of them coz one is enough, you don't need both since that just takes up a lot of resources as well.

KWo 22-08-2006 09:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaghed
What Metamod version do you use?

Standard 1.19

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spaghed
You first get the Full pack PODBOT MM R2B46d installed and then add this beta version?

Yes, but You can also use that All-In-One mentioned by Ancient or You can take this fullpack for V3 (since last week) and check if there is some newer beta to update only.

Don't use AMX 0.9.9. It's out-dated version and has some troubles with compatibilities with bots. Use AMX 2006 or AMX X 1.75a (for example that one coming with my All-In-One). And also there is no reason to mix AMDMIN MOD with AMX/AMX X.
About that language setting problem in AMX X coming with All-In-One - You just need to find the file vault.ini in addons/amxmodx/data and find the lines:

server_language pl

and change to

server_language en

Bug reports please report in Bug Report forum, questions place in Common Questions sub-forum. This topic is dedicated podbot mm' updates only.

KWo 22-08-2006 10:23

V3 beta 14f is now available in the filebase.

+Fixed problem with spinning bots (the new path is calculated right after reaching the dest waypoint if the bot has been spawned more than 10 seconds ago).
+Planting/defusing should be finally fixed.