.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   FritzBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=53)
-   -   FritzBot on RtCW MP demo? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=3589)

zivs 15-02-2005 14:15

FritzBot on RtCW MP demo?

will work fritzie on rtcw multiplayer demo? Or he will only work with full rtcw version?

PrestonKh 16-02-2005 05:53

Re: FritzBot on RtCW MP demo?

More than likely he will only work with the full version. It's only $29.99 :P You have no idea what your missing out on.

Maleficus 16-02-2005 06:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by PrestonKh
More than likely he will only work with the full version. It's only $29.99 :P You have no idea what your missing out on.

Actually, I've found it at WalMart for $19.99 brand new, less at used software stores.

There is no source code for the demo version, so I can't see how I'd be able to port easily. :(

If you can spare the $20, I'd recommend just getting the full game - there are so many improvements and features in the 1.41 game that the demo didn't have.

As well as you have access to other maps besides beach. :)

btw: Fritz plays beach in this current release - quite well in fact! :D

Denny 16-02-2005 06:10

Hell you can probably get a used copy on half.com for $5, amazon marketplace and eBay would probably have some good deals too.

zivs 16-02-2005 14:41

well i have full version, but i have some problems with it running on linux, so usually i play demo... :X

Gatekeeper 17-02-2005 03:52

I got RtCW Platinum for $20 off of half.com ... good deal, I guess. :)

hsAG3NT 10-07-2005 02:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maleficus
There is no source code for the demo version, so I can't see how I'd be able to port easily. :(

This is not entirley true. The Wolf 1.1 source code will work somewhat with demo. That is to say, only the server-side .dll will work. Also, are there cvars to make bots not use MG42 or venom? WolfBot works on demo when those 2 functions are turned off.

PS The bot looks great. =)

Maleficus 10-07-2005 07:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by hsAG3NT
Also, are there cvars to make bots not use MG42 or venom? WolfBot works on demo when those 2 functions are turned off.

Not ATM. I'm really working hard to create a bot that simulates your average human player completely, so I want to have them use everything a human can.

SeraphimOM 10-07-2005 23:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maleficus
Actually, I've found it at WalMart for $19.99 brand new, less at used software stores.

Muahaha...here RtCW was prohibited:D

But I bought it on the first day of release;)

Gatekeeper 11-07-2005 12:47

If you're in Germany, don't they release a censored version?