.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Ideas (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=50)
-   -   Make bots chat less with a cvar (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=7024)

PauliusBa 31-01-2009 14:08

Make bots chat less with a cvar

Bot chat is fun, but they tend to literally flood. Could there be a cvar which would allow to make them chat very little?

Also, I use an AMXX plugin which makes night-like lighting at nights. So even though most of the players need to buy NV just to get around the map, bots are completely unaffected by poor lighting. Could they detect if lighting is below "m" and randomly buy NV, use flash or play worse?

KWo 31-01-2009 22:17

Re: Make bots chat less with a cvar

What is the version of podbots You are using? They are affected by darkness and they do use nv and flashlights. Some people even are reporting the bots are overusing those tools. Like always - impossible to make everybody happy...

PauliusBa 01-02-2009 14:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 59629)
What is the version of podbots You are using? They are affected by darkness and they do use nv and flashlights. Some people even are reporting the bots are overusing those tools. Like always - impossible to make everybody happy...

Oh okay, then nevermind about that NV issue. But what about that chat cvar? Because people ask me to disable bot chat, but i still like it, especially when i did a 20kb botchat file.. And some people like it, too. It's just that they chat all the time they're dead. And i only have 2 bots... They could say something once in a while, have little conversations, but then shut up for good until they can chat again.

CS1.6 01-02-2009 18:20

i've disabled it years ago.

they do spam nonstop.

PauliusBa 02-02-2009 12:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by CS1.6 @ LAN Tournaments (Post 59639)
i've disabled it years ago.

they do spam nonstop.

That's precisely why I would like a CVAR like this. Because I don't want to keep them dompletely shut up.

PauliusBa 21-02-2009 16:25

There could be a cvar with a percentage, so it would only not skip that percent of chat messages. For example, new_cvar "20" would mean that only 20% of iriginally wanted messages will be printed. Or sth.. That's just an idea, I don't know the best way to implement it.

Sc0Rp 21-02-2009 16:37

If that would be implemented, keep in mind that it also might block messages when the bomb is planted, dynamic replies etc.

PauliusBa 21-02-2009 18:03

That's up to programmer to make it behave the best way.
I thugh think, that it would be better if bots wouldn't say about the bombplant every single time.

Sc0Rp 25-02-2009 20:23

Yes, I agree with you about that.
I never activate botchat so it's not very important for me how it will be build.

PauliusBa 19-03-2009 20:58

So here we are, this would be a good and useful cvar. Now it's time to implement it :devil2: