.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   JKBotti (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=83)
-   -   Bots in Adrenaline Gamer (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=7049)

Overwhelming 27-02-2009 19:19

Bots in Adrenaline Gamer

Ok, first - sorry for my english.
Second - the bots are great, working fine... in HL.
But when I try them in AG the cfg files just don't work. The chatter and the main config... idk why, but.. that's pretty annoying. I mean.. AG is almost the same as HLDM, I'm not so stupid and I'm sure then I did everything right. Just.. I'm curious w(hy)tf I can't configure anything in AG...

ghost of evilspy 28-02-2009 09:36

Re: Bots in Adrenaline Gamer

Does AG show any kind of menu to players, when they join the server?

Overwhelming 01-03-2009 22:56

Well.. not exactly. Usualy it has a motd-like window, but I though it might be a problem, so I get rid of it. Now only when some1 (..a bot) joins it enteres first in spectator mode and it should use primary attack/jump or something to enter in the game. But if this was the problem they shouldn't even get in the game, right?
And again - sorry for my english.

ghost of evilspy 02-03-2009 20:01

Ah.. ok.

So when player/bot enters AG server, they are in spectator mode, right? But bots do not know about spectator mode, and don't know that they need to fire/jump/etc. Do they return to spectator mode after dying?

I'll make new version of jk_botti for you to test..

Overwhelming 03-03-2009 14:58

Well they enter in spectator mode only when they enter the server. After they die it's the same as in HLDM. But there's no problem with joining the server.. I mean.. they do something and get into play somehow, but none of the configs still doesn't do anything. I have changed them, but still everything works with the defaults..

ghost of evilspy 03-03-2009 21:46

ah! doh!

I should have read your message more throughtly :hammer:

How is AG installed on server? in separate directory next to valve?

Do you have configs in both valve/ and ag???/ directory?

unKn0wn 04-03-2009 16:25

Business is not in "fire/jump/etc". Boats work on Adrenaline Gamer MINI (there also to enter in a game it is necessary at first from spectate to go out pressure of fire/jump/etc) for me boats hurry, but there is other problem :)

Overwhelming 05-03-2009 00:14

Geez... I feel stupid. I didn't knew that they should be installed also in \valve. I had to try that... huh. Thanks, really.. now when I made the same configuration in \valve directory everything works just fine. Last time I tried them in HLDM and I liked them, but then i put them in \ag and left \valve with it's base configuration. My mistake... sorry for bothering you.

intelliq 06-06-2011 02:30

They do not work on my AG server. They load but then server crashes :death: within few seconds with this error:
"Tried to create a message with a bogus message type (0)"

(Bots do work brilliantly in regular HLDM, and Severarians.)