.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Sandbot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   progress (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=10041)

Persephone 18-12-2018 15:32

Re: progress

Sandpit? It looks like Garry's MOD :/

Don't forget about Sandbot please :D

Btw, have you read my private message to you?

tschumann 21-12-2018 23:29

The joys of working on multiple things at once...

What private message? I don't think I got one.

Persephone 22-12-2018 11:10

Yeah, but working on multiple projects at once could makes some headache though 😁

About private message, try click on your own profile

tschumann 22-12-2018 11:19

Yeah no private messages - the last one I got was in June.

Persephone 22-12-2018 11:38

Sorry, I mean Visitor Message, not private Message

Click on your name, then View Public Profile

tschumann 23-12-2018 04:53

I see it now.

tschumann 27-12-2018 07:27

Did some work on Opposing Force Capture Point support today - bit of a pain as there's no easy way to see who a capture point actually belongs to, if anyone, as far as I can see. pev->skin looks like it store the team owner but it doesn't.
Looks like I'll have to get all capture points and see whether the func_wall they activate when captured is visible or not... which kind of sucks.

Persephone 30-12-2018 20:47

Huh? What func_wall? I was often making a map for Opposing Force CTF with Valve Hammer Editor, and I never used it. I mean, what usefulness of it? All you have to do is placing an entity called "item_ctfbase" and it has default models called "civ_stand.mdl" (for Black Mesa team) or you can rename it to "mil_stand.mdl" (for Opposing Force team). Don't forget to place entity called "item_ctfflag" inside the base for each team. So you don't need func_wall at all.

Roberto 31-12-2018 00:00

It's hard to make bots do anything well other than DM but keep trying, tschumann! 'Cause most often the most fun modes to play are not deathmatch.

tschumann 31-12-2018 06:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Persephone (Post 67258)
Huh? What func_wall? I was often making a map for Opposing Force CTF with Valve Hammer Editor, and I never used it. I mean, what usefulness of it? All you have to do is placing an entity called "item_ctfbase" and it has default models called "civ_stand.mdl" (for Black Mesa team) or you can rename it to "mil_stand.mdl" (for Opposing Force team). Don't forget to place entity called "item_ctfflag" inside the base for each team. So you don't need func_wall at all.

Opposing Force Capture Point is different to Opposing Force Capture The Flag - it has two trigger_ctfgeneric entities that trigger the visibility of func_wall entities.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roberto (Post 67259)
It's hard to make bots do anything well other than DM but keep trying, tschumann! 'Cause most often the most fun modes to play are not deathmatch.

Agreed!