.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Bug Reports (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=49)
-   -   C4 detection bug (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=6866)

Sc0Rp 28-07-2008 17:42

C4 detection bug

It just popped in my mind again after reading a topic.
Bots can not detect a dropped bomb when it's not fully visible. If the bomb is laying on the floor partly in the wall and partly visible, they can not pick up the bomb ( well I've never seen a T pick up such a located bomb, maybe if it is directly over a waypoint )
When you have the bomb, just stand closely to a wall and face it of course and drop the bomb. It will now lay in the descripted position.
And if I'm not mistaking, also with slope ( I hope this word is right ) floors ( floors that are going up or down like the one going from CT spawn to bombsite A on de_dust2 )

If people want to test this it can be easily set up as follows:
- start any de_map
- go T
- only add 1 T-bot ( no CT-bot/s )
- when you start a round with the bomb, stand closely in front of a wall and drop the C4 so it's partly into the wall ( or the slope floor )
The bot will not be able to detect the bomb.
If you do this, put the roundtime high enough ( above 5 minutes ) so you will be sure that it really can't be seen/picked up by the bot in the given roundtime.

KWo 29-07-2008 00:40

Re: C4 detection bug

What is the latest version (number) You have tested it with?

Sc0Rp 29-07-2008 17:42

Sorry, I should have known better.
V3B19l

KWo 29-07-2008 18:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo
V3B19m
+FIXED - When the bomb is planted the bots wanted to go to the target using the shortest path (so all of them could get easy get killed by waiting Ts).

Since I was working on that code in V3B19m version, such reports are useles for me (since I don't know if now it works better or not). Please try it with V3B19m version (when You can).

Sc0Rp 30-07-2008 17:24

I don't see the connection between "can not detect dropped bomb partly visible" and "do not only follow shortest path to planted bomb".
Anyway, I'll ask dor123 to test it ( he's pretty active on testing )

KWo 30-07-2008 19:59

The connection is - they were always going (everyone) the same way (one by one) so if there were some campers Ts they could really easy kill all CTs coming from the same direction one by one... That happened a lot of times, so they weren't able to defuse any bomb...

dor123 30-07-2008 21:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by KWo (Post 58685)
The connection is - they were always going (everyone) the same way (one by one) so if there were some campers Ts they could really easy kill all CTs coming from the same direction one by one... That happened a lot of times, so they weren't able to defuse any bomb...

I don't see the connection either...

Anyways, Sc0rp, I will test this bug as much as I can (Ignore private message) untill i'm positive that they can/can't know the location of the bomb when it's partly in the walls.

All the best,
dor123:thumbup:

Ancient 30-07-2008 22:43

Well, I used to notice that the bots would only try to enter the bomb site by on direction, instead of the 2 or more ways to it.

Sometimes it would be annoying, but by some miricale the Counter-Terrorists made it into the Bombsite.

The Storm 31-07-2008 01:21

The guys means that this bug happens when the bomb is droped, not planted - see the difference. :P

KWo 31-07-2008 10:10

Yeah. You are right. It looks like I'm really tired... :(