.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Releases, Installers, Docs & Coding (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   The Bots SteamId? (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1970)

Aragon 14-06-2004 14:53

The Bots SteamId?

Hi!
I wonder if theres a way to get rid of the zero in the bots faked "steamid"
tex
bot<1><0><CT>
Im using psychostats for the stats and it selects by the steamid. And since the bots have <0> as id theres stats are collected to. And I dont want that.

Pierre-Marie Baty 14-06-2004 15:30

Re: The Bots SteamId?

Yes, you just have to remove the hook for pfnGetPlayerAuthId() in the bot source code.
I had added it because some people wanted exactly the contrary: that bot stats be logged too.

KWo 14-06-2004 16:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pierre-Marie Baty
Yes, you just have to remove the hook for pfnGetPlayerAuthId() in the bot source code.
I had added it because some people wanted exactly the contrary: that bot stats be logged too.

Yes - but for example in StatsMe2.8.x there is a special variable defining if bots have to be ranked, too, or not.

sm_rankbots 1

So - maybe in Psychostats there can be some variable for this, too.
Another thing can be some possibility of using some clients commands like Slap, Slay, etc on bots. Latest Clanmod lets use some of these commands on bots, too (if the variable cm_botsmcds 1), but nobody can say if this change You proposed above do some unwanted result for some other plugins (for example AMX) or not. If sPlOrYgOn will prepare new dll with this change, I can test it with StatsMe and Clanmod, but need somebody to test with AMX - these plugins are the most frequently used by people.:)

Aragon 14-06-2004 16:52

PMB

I found this in engine.cpp

Line 324
Code:

const char *pfnGetPlayerAuthId (edict_t *e)
{
if (e->v.flags & FL_FAKECLIENT)
RETURN_META_VALUE (MRES_SUPERCEDE, "0");
RETURN_META_VALUE (MRES_IGNORED, NULL);
}

line 353
Code:

meta_engfuncs.pfnGetPlayerAuthId = pfnGetPlayerAuthId;

So would it be enough to take these away?
Will this change to the code do something strange to something else? tex. amxx?

Oki I will try and see what happends..

KWo 14-06-2004 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aragon
Will this change to the code do something strange to something else? tex. amxx?

We have to check this, but taking off this can switch-off only some side-effects, unfortunally maybe used by some people until now.
Without tests nobody can say something more.

Huntkillaz 14-06-2004 23:07

ehhhh we dont want this removed from the actual pb do we?..i like seeing which bot is better than me .....so i can hunt em down next round :P

sPlOrYgOn 15-06-2004 01:39

After removing that code..
I didn't crash nor did anything go wrong..
in CS 1.5 their WONids became "BOT" but in CS 1.6 their steam ids became "UNKNOWN"
So in the "logging question" thread someone asked why they now show "0" instead of "BOT" and this is the reason..
I was thinking of just removing it but that would make them "UNKNOWN" in CS 1.6 so I think we should put "BOT" instead of "0" there.. anyone agree?

Pierre-Marie Baty 15-06-2004 03:37

The fact why I wanted it to be a number was that some stats servers expected to see a number here, and not a character string. That's just it.

But if after all you test it and you see it works as well with a character string, sure, go ahead then.

Aragon 15-06-2004 08:39

Splo!
I took that function away and in Cz theres steamid are <BOT> and not unknown..

How hard would it be to code to have the opportunity to be able to choose this on a fly? I mean do I want <BOT> or <0>?

Pierre-Marie Baty 16-06-2004 00:00

very simple :)