.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Bug Base (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45)
-   -   ShrikeBot needs recompiled for the Linux DoD SteamPipe (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=9926)

RoboCop 31-01-2014 23:09

ShrikeBot needs recompiled for the Linux DoD SteamPipe

I have a feeling that SB needs to be recompiled but for the API to locate dod.so not dod_i386.so anymore.

SteamPipe no longer uses those Linux i386.so or amd64.so suffixes.

I had to rename my dod.so binary as dod_i386.so, in order for SB to work.

The Valve github have made a patched version of HL SDK and metamod.org just released MM v1.20 and source scripts.

And also I think the Linux binaries could do with being compiled with a newer GCC if that is ok?

genmac 30-07-2015 14:39

Re: ShrikeBot needs recompiled for the Linux DoD SteamPipe

Would be nice also if ain't too much work to convert it into a metamod plugin.

RoboCop 13-11-2015 19:59

Well I doubt CplStrike will fix them anymore, nor reveal the Source Code for anyone to fix it.

The Storm 18-11-2015 21:55

Use hex editor to open the binary and locate as string dod_i386.so or only i386(depends if the string is partitioned) and just move the .so part next do the dod part on order to get dod.so and replace the remaining part with zeros. This should do the trick.

Drek 30-08-2020 15:22

Probably all that needs to be done in this case is to go into "[root hlds folder]/dod/dlls" and symlink dod.so to dod_i386.so. You can run the following command. Obviously this applies only to Linux.

Code:

ln -s dod.so dod_i386.so

For some bots/mods you also need to go into "[root hlds folder]/valve/dlls" and create a symlink for hl.so in the same way.

I've run into this problem multiple times since my clan restarted a month or two ago.

And yes, I realize this is a necropost, but I'm posting this here so people using google and such can find this information.

sixcentgeorgefr 05-12-2020 09:30

it is fun to read this topic.. recently i re-visited the "famous git hub".. [ i wonder if those that created and hold it up ..are checking the code they promote : for free ] that has the famous hl valve sdk "up to date" to compile with latest visual studio M$ 2020...

but those that "make the updates of the hl valve sdk" are not here for compiling dlls using their "updated sdk" [ or an other one of course... of course.. ]

nb : some thing that has nothing to do with sdks or else but with virus19 :

have you checked and cleaned your car ??? ....i mean your "air cooling system inside the car" the machine that makes your breath inside this box.. i ve been told that it can be the place where the virus19 lives...and reproduce...