.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Sandbot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   progress (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=10041)

RoboCop 12-02-2018 23:31

Re: progress

Also I think I found a useful solution that I've borrowed from Cheeseh's RCBot. What it is, is a Crashlog.txt script that is used for RCBot to take a record of causes of the crashes, like missing wad required for the server as well like "FATAL ERROR" crashes.

Also someone may need to update this site as vBulletin 3 won't be compatible for PHP 7.2 sadly.

tschumann 14-02-2018 11:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboCop (Post 67010)
Also I think I found a useful solution that I've borrowed from Cheeseh's RCBot. What it is, is a Crashlog.txt script that is used for RCBot to take a record of causes of the crashes, like missing wad required for the server as well like "FATAL ERROR" crashes.

Is it something in the Sys_Error callback?
The logging in Sandbot is a bit of a mess - I didn't like the write to file that HPB_Bot did (I wanted to be able to see stuff in the console). I'm moving towards a standard logging function which should allow a more unified writing to file option.

RoboCop 14-02-2018 22:06

That could that yes. Also I've now got up to nearly over 200 op4 maps as well as added a few more CTF and CP maps which you find out here:-

http://apg-clan.org/fastdl/gearbox/maps/

tschumann 16-02-2018 12:28

Nice - good conservation.

Hopefully capture point support won't be too hard.

tschumann 24-02-2018 23:18

@RoboCop so I'm trying to get to the bottom of versions of libstdc++ etc - so you have gcc 4.8.5 and libstdc++.so.6.0.24 - do you have any other instances of libstdc++ installed? Do all of your libstdc++.so.6 symlinks point to the same file or are there multiple libstdc++.so.6.*.*?

RoboCop 25-02-2018 00:56

Well as far I can tell the sandbot.so that I've recompiled appears to be linked with only '/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6', if my amateur C++ skilled mind doesn't deceive me:-

Code:

desktop@na:~/steamcmd/hlds/gearbox/dlls$ ldd sandbot.so
        linux-gate.so.1 =>  (0xf777d000)
        libdl.so.2 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libdl.so.2 (0xf76bd000)
        libstdc++.so.6 => /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 (0xf75b1000)
        libgcc_s.so.1 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libgcc_s.so.1 (0xf7594000)
        libc.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libc.so.6 (0xf73e3000)
        /lib/ld-linux.so.2 (0xf777e000)
        libm.so.6 => /lib/i386-linux-gnu/libm.so.6 (0xf739c000)

It doesn't appear to be linked to 'usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.24' from my server. I am not sure but I think that most Metamod Addons, as well as HL1 Bots seem to adapt better with GCC/G++ 4.8.

Also I got bad news my old Linux Laptop died a couple weeks ago. So I had to install the Debian Jessie i386 Netboot into VMWare and install DropBox where I've kept the src files.

The Storm 25-02-2018 02:12

If you are really sure that the issue is with libstdc++ you can link it statically to the bot .so. Just copy the libstdc++.a file(from your distro) to the same dir where the makefile is and add -L. to the linking command line.

tschumann 02-03-2018 23:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by RoboCop (Post 67016)
It doesn't appear to be linked to 'usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6.0.24' from my server. I am not sure but I think that most Metamod Addons, as well as HL1 Bots seem to adapt better with GCC/G++ 4.8.

Is /usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu/libstdc++.so.6 a symlink?
And yeah I think I was using gcc 4 before maybe but I don't want to get stuck on some old version.

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Storm (Post 67017)
If you are really sure that the issue is with libstdc++ you can link it statically to the bot .so. Just copy the libstdc++.a file(from your distro) to the same dir where the makefile is and add -L. to the linking command line.

Well I can't say I'm sure but it seems to be part of the issue. I might give static linking a go.

tschumann 07-03-2018 10:21

Also hopefully I'll be able to get Day of Defeat bots to use knives and pistols. I haven't been able to work out which weapon id corresponds to what weapon but I've realised I can block the spawning of some weapons so I should be able to figure it out now.

RoboCop 21-03-2018 16:40

Well its a shame ShrikeBot isn't open source and it doesn't seem likely that SandBot will work with ShrikeBot waypoints.