.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   JoeBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Bots won't join a team (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=4316)

Perendinater 08-09-2005 07:30

Re: Bots won't join a team

Would it be possible to move the discussion about what is and isn't legal to a new thread? I'd really like my Joebots to start joining teams again, which is the original topic of this thread.

I dont mean to be overly demanding... after all, you guys have provided these great bots for free. And I would fix them myself, but I don't know how. So I'm dependent on you guys.

Help!

Santa_Graus 08-09-2005 15:51

As far as I know, you need a C++ - Compiler and the HL SDK...

I could compile it but I don't know how to make a dll out of the files.
And the HL SDK is 75 MB big, which overtaxes my internet connection...

@$3.1415rin 08-09-2005 15:55

you dont need the hl sdk afaik

i could provide a linux .so, but unfortunately not more at the moment

roeltjow 08-09-2005 16:44

its not ripped off its a version specialy made too play in a lan game so u wont have too buy the game its called "counterstrike non steam" just type it in @ google and u will see it. its a fully legal game and not ripped off
here a link i found : [removed]

[afaik there is no non steam version of cs1.6]

so i wont have steam too add this line too properties(launch options) +localinfo mm_gamedll "joebot/joebot.dll" is tere any other way too have metamod + joebot without doing that @ propertys - launch options ?

Santa_Graus 08-09-2005 17:03

As long as Counterstrike is not Freeware, you will have to buy the game (Or another Steam-Game). Otherwise it's illegal.

@$3.1415rin 08-09-2005 20:07

ok

roeltjow

you just have been officially warned. stop talking about illegal software on this forums, or you'll be banned.

Perendinater 09-09-2005 18:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by @$3.1415rin
i could provide a linux .so, but unfortunately not more at the moment

Thanks for the prompt response.

Unfortunately, I have a Windows based server. Am I going to have to abandon Joebot? ???:(

I really would like to keep using it. I and the regulars on my server have enjoyed Joebot for quite a long time now, and I have done a whole lot of programming to make a very full-featured Adminmod plugin for it. I'd hate to switch to a new bot mod, but if no fix is coming, then I'm not sure I have a choice. :(

Is there hope, or do I need to start looking at other bots?

- John C.

@$3.1415rin 09-09-2005 18:45

dunno if there is anybody with a windows compiler installed out there who could do it. cross compiling with gcc would be another option, but dunno if that works at all, I doubt it.

the sources are online in the sourceforge cvs, or I could send the sources via email

KWo 09-09-2005 22:28

OK. splorygon told me if he find time he will compile a dll for You tomorrow or maybe few days later (he just needs a time). I showed him the place on SF to Your sources, so he knows where they are.

Whistler 10-09-2005 07:20

and if you want to try cross compiling - you can find a version of gcc at the filebase (in Other Stuff section). You can use dos2unix utility to convert all files and run make.