.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   YaPB (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=55)
-   -   Latest test version (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=5093)

Whistler 02-04-2006 15:26

Latest test version

I have to upload it here because I cannot seem to be able to access the SourceForge.net CVS...
http://yapb.bots-united.com/src.arj

Changes including support of AMX weapon restriction (Thanks to KWo) and using TeamInfo message to detect teams. Note that this is not tested at all so don't be surprised if it's not working (but please tell me about it).

EDIT: made the changes suggested by THE_STORM, but it's still not tested. And I guess someone should really take over this job now...

The Storm 02-04-2006 15:39

Re: Latest test version

Oops so I made a linux build before a minute for nothing. ;)

EDIT: Ok I just tested it. Team detection work good but sometimes the bots get confused and watch the enemy some time before to start to shoot it, maybe is because you use strange way for storing the teams information. ;)
It is much better to get the teams for the real clients and bots both. This you can do if you put
Code:

if (msg_type == message_TeamInfo)
    botMsgFunction = BotClient_CS_TeamInfo

in this parts of the code
Code:

else if (msg_dest == MSG_ALL)
{
  // some code...
}

In This way you will get the teams for all the players in the server and you can store the teams in ThreatTab[].iTeam. Then you can use something like pBot->iTeam to get the bots teams. i.e
pBot->iTeam = Util_GetTeam(pBot->pEdict); and to update it on every 2 seconds or maybe 1.
Tell me if you don't think that this is good method. :P

Whistler 03-04-2006 10:59

Thanks, I have made the changes. :)

The Storm 03-04-2006 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler
Thanks, I have made the changes. :)

Ok I just tested it. Works perfect. ;) but why you again compile it with the metamod 1.17 sources? Take the 1.19p28 ones(metamod-p.sf.net). They don't need change sinse the coder made it complitable with MSVC. ;)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler
And I guess someone should really take over this job now...

Are you stoping to develop YaPB? :( What happened with the Gina bot teamplate? You left undone work man.

Whistler 03-04-2006 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by THE_STORM
What happened with the Gina bot teamplate? You left undone work man.

well I actually haven't touched that stuff for almost 10 months, maybe I just created a vaporware, wow :( but if someone is interested in that I will be glad to hear.

The Storm 03-04-2006 15:10

Ok then make some final step. Update the sources of YaPB to use metamod 1.19 and publish it in to the YaPB web site as new version then if you want you can left it. :(

visualtim 04-05-2006 08:30

I've been using the new test version for a while now and it causes my dedicated server to crash every two hours, give or take a minute or two.

I've debugged by eliminating possibilities such as my AMX plugins and the maps that are in the mapcycle.txt, but as it turns out, I've gotten it to run to three hours now after disabling YaPB.

I'm using MetaMod 1.18 and AMX Mod X version 1.6 .

Whistler 04-05-2006 08:34

try Metamod 1.17 instead as my version is compiled with Metamod 1.17. Or build yourself a Metamod 1.18 version.

visualtim 04-05-2006 11:09

I tried Metamod's version 1.17 and AMX wouldn't even start up. :( I downloaded the new 1.19 and that works with AMX perfectly, but again, YaPB doesn't work with 1.19 at all. I like the suggestion by The Storm to have YaPB compatable with the new 1.19 and I'll just wait until the final version comes out.

Whistler 05-05-2006 02:14

or you can also try loading the dll with "+localinfo mm_gamedll addons/yapb/dlls/podbot.dll" way.