.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   JoeBot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   CS 1.6 bot problem (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=6375)

girak49 28-06-2007 19:25

CS 1.6 bot problem

I have installed Joebot 1.6.5.3 on my machine. It works, sort-of... I can add bots, kick them.. etc. But I cannot play with them, they all just sit in spectator mode. I've read the console and it says the bots wont join until there are players on both teams, how do i bypass that and have a team full of bots?

Please help

The Storm 29-06-2007 00:22

Re: CS 1.6 bot problem

Is it so hard to find the correct section ? ;)

Moving to JoeBot forum.

Whistler 29-06-2007 12:26

read the news on the homepage:

http://joebot.bots-united.com/

ravious 05-12-2007 03:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler (Post 55483)
read the news on the homepage:

http://joebot.bots-united.com/

Never mind the fact that that post was YEARS ago.. And still to date no linux fix has been made.. Linux servers run the world.. yet they are always the last to get attention or support.

So that rant being said.. Anyone have a working Linux joebot install that they might be kind enough to packup and mail me? ;)

The Storm 05-12-2007 21:03

The fixed sources are not available in to the FileBase and there is no CVS/SVN from long time, I can't download to compile them for linux, if Aspirin had saved them somewhere maybe he can upload them. :)

ravious 05-12-2007 22:03

Post removed by moderator.
Please don't ask question about cracked version of CS 1.6 here as it's illegal. Thanks.

ravious 09-12-2007 07:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ravious (Post 56706)
Post removed by moderator.
Please don't ask question about cracked version of CS 1.6 here as it's illegal. Thanks.

Asking a question about a Non-steam server.. or a server thats modified to allow non-steam clients to connect is not illegal.

The "act" of stealing is illegal.

And unless your from China where freedom of speech is shunned, Education, should never be feared.

---
Edit..

I just looked at your profile.. I see you are from China.. my bad, sorry man. Although i strongly disagree with your militant disregard for expression and freedom of knowledge and speech, by editing my post. I have no choice but to respect it as your an administrator of this site, so i will simply choose never to return to it.

Dictate away.

Whistler 09-12-2007 10:06

First, I never said talking about illegally copied software is illegal (but the USA does have DMCA which made talking about cracking DRM illegal, right?). I apoligize if that makes confusion.

I assume you have read the forum rules before joining:
http://www.bots-united.com/member-rules.php

Quote:

9. Postings which involve the use or distribution of software that has been aquired through illicit means are strictly prohibited. This includes, but is not limited to, providing help and support in the use of materials that were illegally aquired, such as executables, source code, and documentation. Bots United is not a place where illegal activities of any kind are to be discussed or encouraged, thus assistance, distribution or support for illegally acquired software is not an acceptable behaviour.
Quote:

4. Name calling, personal attacks, racist remarks, insults and other forms of intimidation must never happen. Arguments and dispute resolution between members must take place in private, through private messaging or other means, and preferably off the board.
If you insist such an attitude next time, you'll be banned from this forum. We respect your freedom of speech, but please understand us because if our forums are full of discussions about warez software, we'll likely to be in trouble. Feel free to discuss somewhere else and no one cares.

btw, I read your post as a racist comment which is not only insulting to me personally.

You've been warned.

ravious 09-12-2007 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler (Post 56726)
First, I never said talking about illegally copied software is illegal (but the USA does have DMCA which made talking about cracking DRM illegal, right?). I apoligize if that makes confusion.

If you insist such an attitude next time, you'll be banned from this forum. We respect your freedom of speech, but please understand us because if our forums are full of discussions about warez software, we'll likely to be in trouble. Feel free to discuss somewhere else and no one cares.

btw, I read your post as a racist comment which is not only insulting to me personally.

You've been warned.

Do you even know what your talking about? You edited my post so fast I dont even think you know what i originally said. you just saw "non-steam" and suddenly assumed i was wanting help stealing something..

This is far from the case. I have my copy of half life, I paid for it YEARS ago when it first came out. I have a legal copy. I never asked for help on how to crack the game, I dont need a cracked game. I have a legal version... What i did was edit files on MY SERVER.. Yes.. thats right.. My personal linux server that i paid for, that I built, that I control, thats mine... I pay for my bandwidth, and i'll decide who i let connect to my server, not some third party company. The dedicated linux server is free to download and is given freely to the public to use. There can be no theft or piracy of something thats given free.. It was given to me, for free and i modified it for use on my server. Its like saying your not aloud to cut a 2x4 when building a house. That the company wants you to put the 2x4 in its entire state into your home with no modifications.. That would be insane.

Now as far as me being a racist, I didnt say anything about your race, I said something about your political system. Which is a fact, if your offended by the facts of how your gov acts.. Then thats on you, move if you dont like it. Trust me, I know all about retarted gov officals, atleast be happy you guys over there dont have George Bush. At this point i'd almost rather trade my freedom of speech if it ment getting this retard out of office. LOL (kidding)

As far as the terms of service of this website, I've not violated any of them. Nor do i intend to. From now on, i will be very careful of how i word my posts as to not send anyone into a rant.

Now all that being said.. I revert back to my original question that was removed under false pretenses.

------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know.. of ANY bots that are currently working with metamod on a linux Counter Strike 1.6 server that "HAS ALREADY BEEN MODIFIED" (Making sure not to imply that im asking for help on how to modify anything) to allow for steam as well as non-steam clients to connect.

IE a Non-steam server.

Please do not reply with any information on cracking game clients as this is wrong and in violation of this websites terms of service, I am looking for a bot, or a url to a bot, that is known to work on a CS1.6 install as stated above.

ravious 09-12-2007 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Whistler (Post 56726)

You've been warned.

Do you even know what your talking about? You edited my post so fast I dont even think you know what i originally said. you just saw "non-steam" and suddenly assumed i was wanting help stealing something..

This is far from the case. I have my copy of half life, I paid for it YEARS ago when it first came out. I have a legal copy. I never asked for help on how to crack the game, I dont need a cracked game. I have a legal version... What i did was edit files on MY SERVER.. Yes.. thats right.. My personal linux server that i paid for, that I built, that I control, thats mine... I pay for my bandwidth, and i'll decide who i let connect to my server, not some third party company. The dedicated linux server is free to download and is given freely to the public to use. There can be no theft or piracy of something thats given free.. It was given to me, for free and i modified it for use on my server. Its like saying your not aloud to cut a 2x4 when building a house. That the company wants you to put the 2x4 in its entire state into your home with no modifications.. That would be insane.

Now as far as me being a racist, I didnt say anything about your race, I said something about your political system. Which is a fact, if your offended by the facts of how your gov acts.. Then thats on you, move if you dont like it. Trust me, I know all about retarted gov officals, atleast be happy you guys over there dont have George Bush. At this point i'd almost rather trade my freedom of speech if it ment getting this retard out of office. LOL (kidding)

As far as the terms of service of this website, I've not violated any of them. Nor do i intend to. From now on, i will be very careful of how i word my posts as to not send anyone into a rant.

Now all that being said.. I revert back to my original question that was removed under false pretenses.

------------------------------------------------
Does anyone know.. of ANY bots that are currently working with metamod on a linux Counter Strike 1.6 server that "HAS ALREADY BEEN MODIFIED" (Making sure not to imply that im asking for help on how to modify anything) to allow for steam as well as non-steam clients to connect.

IE a Non-steam server.