.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   HPB_bot (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=35)
-   -   Installed 4.0 for TFC, crashing when loading up (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1089)

BeaverMon 14-03-2004 03:36

Installed 4.0 for TFC, crashing when loading up

I got the HPB_Bot 4.0 Version for MetaMod. I have set the Liblist.gam to open dlls\metamod.dll instead of HPB_bot_mm.dll and have downloaded the latest version of MetaMod and it's in my tfc\dlls folder.

But when I load the bot up using a LAN Connection, it goes back to Desktop. :(

What did I do wrong? o_O I tried before of setting the dlls\ thing in Liblist.gam to HPB_bot_mm.dll

Update: The problem was fixed by editing the target of my TFC Shortcut, from;
E:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game tfc -sv_cheats 1 -console +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/HPB_bot.dll
To
E:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game tfc -sv_cheats 1 -console +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/HPB_bot_mm.dll

Now I'm getting an error in the console, which shows this that is new;

HPB_bot: plugin attaching
Host Error: SuckOutClassname: parse error

???:( Now what went wrong?

Pierre-Marie Baty 14-03-2004 14:59

Re: Installed 4.0 for TFC, crashing when loading up

Use
E:\Sierra\Half-Life\hl.exe -game tfc -sv_cheats 1 -console
in your shortcut.
Do ***NOT*** use +localinfo mm_gamedll dlls/HPB_bot_mm.dll
HPB_bot_mm.dll is NOT a game DLL, it's a metamod plugin.
To set up metamod plugins, you only need to add lines to the metamod's plugins.ini file.

Metamod is normally installed in tfc/addons/metamod

Why don't you just use the install batch scripts provided with the HPB_bot ?

BeaverMon 10-06-2005 07:42

I also have the Monster Mod 3.0 with this for TFC 1.5. So how do I get the Metamod version of the HPB_bot, Monster Mod, and Metamod to work together?

And sorry for digging up this old post. I want to try this again. Including getting CS 1.6 to work with PODBot 2.6 AND the latest version of (mEAn)Bot.Admin Mod.

Pierre-Marie Baty 10-06-2005 16:43

Install metamod, test it, install HPB_bot, test it, install Monster Mod, test it.

Monster mod and HPB_bot are metamod plugins. I don't see how this can be a problem to install them ?

Quote:

Including getting CS 1.6 to work with PODBot 2.6 AND the latest version of (mEAn)Bot.Admin Mod.
that shouldn't be too difficult, follow-up into the right forum.

BeaverMon 10-06-2005 21:24

Ok, I know metamod works with HPB_bot 3.0 and Monster Mod in TFC.
Now the trouble is getting this new metamod version of HPB_bot to work with Monster.
So, how do you set up these two metamod things? HPB_bot 4.0 and Monster Mod, to work in Metamod. It looks like to me you can only have 1 Metamod plugin running, according to liblist.gam.

And will I need to run this threw Steam? I have Steam installed because of HL2, but I managed to set HL/CS/and TFC to use their regular non-steam folder; C:\SIERRA\Half-Life\.

Sorry for being a n00b, I'm just not used to installing a non-dll version of the HPB_bot and having it work with Monster and the latest version of Metamod.

Pierre-Marie Baty 10-06-2005 22:07

Quote:

It looks like to me you can only have 1 Metamod plugin running, according to liblist.gam.
No! No! No! No! No! For the n'th time the liblist.gam has nothing to do with the plugins !
The liblist.gam file tells the engine which game DLL to load (here, metamod - which in turn will load the right game DLL. That's the spirit of metamod: it sits between the engine and the game DLL).
The plugins.ini file tells metamod which plugins to load. It's in that file you need to add one line for the HPB_bot, and one line for the monster plugin.

BeaverMon 11-06-2005 00:19

Ok, so liblist.gam is NOT NEEDED for metamod! plugins.ini is! 8D
I will try that. Thanks for your continued help and putting up with my n00bness. :)

Ok, so I just uninstall HPB_bot 3.0 by running the Remove command. But remember to backup my custom files from it, then install the latest version of Metamod, then HPB_bot 4.0.