.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   HL Engine Mapping (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=20)
-   -   32 Player maps are FINALLY here. (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=1202)

Austin 29-03-2004 11:37

32 Player maps are FINALLY here.

Ok, this has come up time and time and time again.

The question is:
Why, when I add in more then like 10 bots per team, only 10 join and the rest die at spawn and won't join :-(

It is because most maps only have something called 10 spawn points per side. In other words most maps ONLY support 10 players/bots PER team, period! You can hack the maps to support more, but it is far from easy even if you have some great custom made map editing tools like PM's map edit or Austin's maphack.

The solution?
Just download the edited maps from Austin's web site!
http://austinbots.com/32playermaps/maplist.html

If you don't already have these maps installed you must first install them
since all I include is the one bsp file and most maps have a lot more files, so install the original map FIRST then download my bsp and install it overwriting the original bsp map file ok?

Counter-Strike supports at most 32 players in the game total at once.
The maps on my site have been modified with the idea of playing 28 bots on one team with 4 humans on the other!

More maps will be added so check back.

>This should be a sticky<
Can an admin set this up as a sticky?

SoUlFaThEr 06-04-2004 09:13

Re: 32 Player maps are FINALLY here.

a Super Moderator? cant make sticky threads?

why me no = Moderat0r.....who cares :)

nice thing there Austin......add your fixed cs_rio too :)

Pierre-Marie Baty 06-04-2004 10:29

@Austin: don't you have a moderator menu called "Thread tools" at the top of this thread ?

KWo 25-09-2004 20:22

Austin - can You check the link in the first post of this thread, because it doesn't work for me. :( I also gave this link to some person asked me about maps for 32 players at AMX forum and he was also surprised by this... ;)

Austin 25-09-2004 20:44

I will post them her ein the file base.
I nee dto clean some of them up first, sinc esom eof my admins got carried away with putting nades in the maps.
Will do it soon.

KWo 30-01-2005 21:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Austin
I will post them her ein the file base.
I nee dto clean some of them up first, sinc esom eof my admins got carried away with putting nades in the maps.
Will do it soon.

Bump*
Seems Austin forgot at all this. :)
I was trying this one version (1.3) from filebase, but everytime I couldn't load any bsp file by this bspedit even if I copied this exe file to my maps folder any after executing I showed it again this folder - it didn't see at all any my bsp file. Tried under CS1.5. :(

I also tried that PMB stuff (mapedit_mm) - it's annoying to prevent display this menu if I'm as a spectator. I needed to be as a spectator, because I had to remove some stupid spawn point for Terrorist on de_romans map which is inside some box (not breakable) - and there is no way to reach it only as a spectator or multiply trying die (as T) and spawn again (until success with reaching this terrible spawnpoint). Finally I had to unload mapedit (because it prevent me to show some other menu I've need - wpmenu from podbot mm to get "noclip" function), then I had to load again mapedit (this time it has also some problems to display its menu - because of some reason - dunno exactly why). But after some end round the menu appeared and I removed that spawn point and added the new one in the correct place. :D :P
Why the people can't simply write the plugin with invoking menu by some console command (like for all normal menus for HL)? In this case don't need to permanently show some menu and prevent invoking some other menu. Really don't understand why this menu can't be displayed for spectator? :(

[EDIT]
And how to add more players possible to play on the map? I mean I have sufficient amount of spawn points, but because of some reason some players go to spectators and only for example 8 players can be playing on the map (for example cs_bigbrother_beta1)?
[/EDIT]

KWo 02-02-2005 00:54

OK. Finally I've got to work cs_bigbrother_beta1 with more than 8 players only. The problem have been spawn points - they were too close to each other. It was mapper fault. I've removed few of them and I've put few new ones (now there is 16 for T and 16 for CT). I did this by mapedit_mm (this time I didn't need to use it as a spectator ;) ). If spawn points are too close to each other - some players are dead at the round start - like spectators. Next round some other are dead and these dead previous round this round are alive. After fixing these spawn points this problem no longer occurs.
BSPedit finally found my maps (after showing it correctly path - before I've tried wrong path and it couldn't see my maps :D ). But it crashes every time when I'm trying to use some search function after opening by it some map. :P

^SaGe^ 31-05-2005 22:09

Austin can u check the link please??

Austin 31-05-2005 23:14

This entire thread needs to be deleted.
I am not distributing any modified maps.
If you want to use the tool sto edit map sand keep them on your server
that is fine. But I don't recommend that anyone distribute modified maps.

Pierre-Marie Baty 01-06-2005 01:16

Why so ? Since they are compatible with the original ones (the entity list being sent by the server to all the clients and the rest of the BSP data being identical) what makes you say that ?

Anyway, we can't delete threads but we can close them. But I'd like to see your point first :)