.:: Bots United ::.

.:: Bots United ::. (http://forums.bots-united.com/index.php)
-   Offtopic (http://forums.bots-united.com/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   CS 1.6 gets LAN Version (Official this time ;) ) (http://forums.bots-united.com/showthread.php?t=743)

-]FoD[-Commander 13-02-2004 11:02

CS 1.6 gets LAN Version (Official this time ;) )

Official News by www.cstrike.de :

(Srz, is in German and I'm to lazy to translate 9_9)

LAN-Version von Steam/CS kurz vor Testphase - jwm 12.02.2004 22.38
Was lange währt wird hoffentlich irgendwann gut. Alfred Reynolds kündigte auf der HLDS_LINUX-Mailingliste an, dass die LAN-Version bald in die Testphase geht und dann zügig released werden soll.
Diese Nachricht zusammen mit der News dass Bram Cohen von Valve angeheurt wurde läßt hoffen, dass auf die massive und andauernde Kritik der Community reagiert wird :)

Alfred Reynolds [alfred@valvesoftware.com]:
Offline play is in development, its about to go into testing. More details will be available when its released, but in short if you have a full cache (i.e its 100% loaded) then you will be able to play without an internet connection.

Link: http://www.cstrike.de/fullnews.php?newsid=8806
---
In diesem Sinne, lasst uns guter Dinge sein XD

Ps.:If someone wants to translate, pls do so ;)

Fiber_Optic 13-02-2004 11:47

Re: CS 1.6 gets LAN Version (Official this time ;) )

That's great! English would be better... and should be posted in offtopic forum!

Onno Kreuzinger 13-02-2004 12:11

Ok, moved.

in basic english:

Alfred Reynolds anounced on the HLDS_LINUX list that final beta testing will be done on the offline CS version and it will be released "asap" [*g* what else to use for translation]. If you have a full Steam cache (100%) you will be able to play w/o being online.
Together with the news that Valve hired Bram Cohen makes us hope that Valve is reacting to the massive and enduring community brickbat [criticism].

Cheers memed

>BKA< T Wrecks 13-02-2004 22:54

Aaaaahhhh, finally... well, it was about time, too!

You know, if you're on a bandwidth-limited flatrate, you just don't want to waste 50% of your bandwidth for something that'll be obsolete the following week... That's why I'm still using my trusty old 1.5. 9_9

Dis Guy Here 19-02-2004 03:40

i couldve sworn i heard this news before

HangFire 20-02-2004 20:07

I believe Valve did say that they were working on this a long time ago. It was also supposed to done last October.

-]FoD[-Commander 26-02-2004 12:17

Here are some fresh news by www.cstrike.de :
---

There will be a number of significant Steam events in the coming days.

The first will be a long-awaited Steam client release. The highlights from this release will be:
  • Offline Play
  • Account validation (via e-mail)
  • A new Half-Life 2 hardware survey
  • Support for purchasing games through Steam
There are a number of other small changes along with the ones listed above, as well as a number of changes planned out past the launch of Counter-Strike: Condition Zero.

---
So, lets hope the best ^^ :)

Fiber_Optic 28-02-2004 12:38

I can't wait for this release!!!! I have a lan next month, and I want to play offline!! :D :D

BaYo 01-03-2004 10:27

so am i

-]FoD[-Commander 02-03-2004 14:30

Some fresh News:

---
German

Was länge währt, wird endlich gut? Hoffen wir es. Wie auf der Steampowered Homepage zu lesen ist, kommt das versprochene Steam Offline Play Update diesen Mittwoch um 6:00am PST. Das entspricht 15 Uhr unserer Zeit. Ein bisschen müssen wir also noch warten...

P.S. Während des Updates wird das Steamnetzwerk für ungefähr 3 Stunden heruntergefahren.

This update will include the changes previously mentioned:

Offline Play
Account validation (via e-mail)
A new Half-Life 2 hardware survey
Support for purchasing games through Steam

---
ENGLISH

There will be an update to Steam this Wednesday beginning at approxamately 6:00am PST. Steam will be unavailable for the duration of the update, which is expected to last three hours.

This update will include the changes previously mentioned:

Offline Play
Account validation (via e-mail)
A new Half-Life 2 hardware survey
Support for purchasing games through Steam

The Steampowered.com website will be avilable during the downtime window, and will be updated as status changes.
---

As alway, LETS HOPE THE BEST :)